Status
Not open for further replies.

akaFila

butterscotch love
WIP (1/2)

Magmamid

"Magma" + "Agamid"

Pronounced: "Mag - mah - mid"

**Agamid being a particular family of lizards; Magma playing off the fire element

---

WIP (2/3)

Erupteiid

"Eruption" + "Teiid"

Pronounced: "ee - RUP - tee - iid"

**Teiid being a particular family of lizards; Eruption playing off the fire element

WIP 1

Chamigneus

Chameleon (I'm including this to differentiate from all the other Poke-lizards, and I'm using the first half since Charmeleon stole the second half.)
+
Mons igneus (The Latin word for volcano. It is less vowelly than the English word Igneous. Also, both volcanos and chameleons are native to Italy.)

WIP 2

Chamares

Chameleon + Ares (The fiery-tempered Greek God of War. There are chameleons and volcanoes in Greece, too.)

I'll probably sleep on it and then pick my favorite. Right now I think I like Chamares the best.

Last edited:
WIP

Basateph

"Basilisk" + "Tephra" (general term for volcanic material ejected from a volcano during eruption)

Pronounced: BASS-ah-tef

I have the A there instead of an I just because it sounds better to me when saying it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

WIP (2/3)

Smogodo

"Smog" + "Komodo" (as in the komodo dragon species)

Pronounced: sma-GO-do

Smog is from the clouds of smoke, komodo is a relation to its species as a lizard-sort reptile.

WIP (1/3)

Volcakera

Volcano + kera (ancient greek for a animal horn)

"Pronounced: Vol-cah-keh-ra"

WIP (2/3)

Boomzard

Boom, from the explosion sound + zard, from lizard

"Pronounced: Boom+zard"

Final Submission

Chameteor

Combination of "Meteor" (because fire/ground) and "chameleon"

Pronounced "Cam-MEET-Ee-Or"
IPA: kæmiːtiːɒr

Last edited:
WIP

Steameleon ("steam" + "chameleon")

Calderalisk ("caldera" + "basilisk")

Calderadon ("caldera" + "iguanadon")

WIP

Pyroclash

Pyro + claws + (volcanic) ash

Also kinda similar to pyroclastic and also contains "clash", which CAP will do often given its Attack stat.

WIP (1/3)

Volcakera

Volcano + kera (ancient greek for a animal horn)

"Pronounced: Vol-cah-keh-ra"

WIP (2/3)

Boomzard

Boom, from the explosion sound + zard, from lizard

"Pronounced: Boom+zard"
I really like the first suggestion. The second one seems a little whimsical in a way that doesn't fit 25f (who is about as edgelord as a chameleon can get). Have you considered Vulcakera as an alternate? Vulcan is a Roman God of blacksmithing and other earthy and fiery things. As I said in my submission, both chameleons and volcanoes exist in Italy so it makes some sense to use Latin words.

WIP (2/3)

Lavleon

Lava + Chameleon

Pronounced: Lav-leon
This rolls off the tongue and the root words make perfect sense. Even if it doesn't get chosen, you should submit it as a name for the pre-evolutions!

WIP

Fumaroar

Fumarole + Roar

fyoo-ma-roar

A fumarole is, as quoted by my dictionary, "an opening in or near a volcano, through which hot sulfurous gases emerge," which describes our pokemon perfectly. Everyone else is welcome to try toying with this word to find the right combination.

Last edited:
WIP

Prominewt

"Prominence" + "Newt"

Pronounciation: "PRAW-MIN-NEWT"

Prominence: A mass of gas resembling a cloud that arises from the chromosphere of the sun

Final Submission

Roassure

Combination of "Roast" + "Fissure" ('Roast' references its fire typing. 'Fissure' both references its ground typing, and from its fissure vent appearance.)

Pronounced: "rō SHər"

Last edited:
WIP

Herphaeston

"Hephaestus" + "Herpeton"

Pronounced: hurr-FEHS-tuhn
IPA: /hərˈfɛstən/

A combination of "Hephaestus," the Greek god of fire, and "herpeton," the Greek word for "reptile."

Last edited:
WIP

Oumagojira

Portmanteau of "Ou" (Japanese for king) + "Maguma"(Japanese borrowed word for magma) + "Gojira" (Famous Reptilian Kaiju a.k.a. Godzilla)

Pronounced: "OH-ma-go-ji-RAH"

IPA: /əʊ.mæ.gɑʤi.rɒ/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)