CAP 27 Prevo - Part 2 - Art Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final Submission

not really happy with this but I think it’s better to submit this than nothing so here it is. i think part of it is that I didn’t really have a concept and was kinda winging it. I still think this was a valuable experience and maybe some people will like my design. Supposed to be kind of a young astrolotl with their flames still developing (thus the stunted head flares and cape).

Shadowshocker

It shall rest here in peace. Forever, if you wish.
is a Top Artistis a Smogon Media Contributor
Final Submission

Final iteration of the explosive Christmas cracker axolotl baby, following a recommendation to alter the illustration angle so it looked less flat - and some proportions were altered slightly to make it more adorable and expressive. The idea hasn't changed much otherwise: it's a baby axolotl wrapped in a Christmas cracker that explodes from both head and tail. What more could you ask for? Shoutouts to Sunfished, Mova, Falchion and everyone else who was a part of helping this guy walcc down the road.

Supporting art
Original iteration -"It's a lovely day to walcc down the road, and if I ever stop walccing I will explode!" If it wasn't already mentioned or clear, some "Furret walk" did make it into the original feel for this sketch.
HONK HONK - The thought came to me of these guys playing by nomming each other on the tail, releasing a blast of heat and fireworks from the head region, like how one would use a party popper.
Expression sketch - it got soaked and now it is sad

Final Submission

Based on firework rockets, pilots, and a bit of a shoujo nerdy schoolgirl aesthetic - a dorky but peppy juvenile salamander compared to the graceful, elegant adult! The updates I did for this one compared to my previous design were that I did a little slimming down of the front portion of the torso, so it looks more like it has a bit of a neck to it, and adjusted the lower jaw thickness and frills accordingly. Also added a seam to give the arms visible fingers, so they wouldn't look like just a pair of spikes glued on. Best of luck to all of the entrants!

Old version: https://i.imgur.com/zpRe0xQ.png

Final Submission

embracing the space theme

the space helmet is actually like, its egg (axolotls have transparent eggs); and think of the scarf/tail as one of those cords that connects astronauts to their ships, and/or the trail of a comet
both parts would get more firey looking when its mad (see stuff below)
SUPPORTING ART

Final submission

I took astrolotl design and make it more axolotl-like. I go for orange for its frills so that it isn't as similar as astrolotl and still look like flames.
Good luck to everyone who submitted!

Zephyri

put on your headphones and burn my city
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderator
Final Submission

Pinata prevo is here, new and improved! I felt that the previous rendition of the prevo wasn't as focused and idea-based as it could've been, so with some excellent advice from Pipotchi, I reconsidered the elements that felt like they strayed from the scarf, fuse tail, and streamers. I replaced said elements with pinata-esque versions of themselves to push forward the main theme better, as i felt like it wasn't being represented properly in the last rendition. I also completely revamped the shading to be more vibrant and realistic. I'm really happy with where it is now, and hope Pinata-mon does well in the polls! I'll try to make supporting art if i have time (but that's fairly unlikely lol)

Thanks so much to the entire CAP Discord server with helping me out with the mon, especially to Sunfished, Pipotchi, MrDollSteak, AmamamA, Hematite, and Mos-Quitoxe!

May the best mon win!

Last edited:

sun_dew

formerly JAGFL
is a Pre-Contributor
Final Submission

Made a BUNCH of last minute changes (mostly because my design lacked in inspiration and personality), and came up with this little delinquent! I decided to base most of the design off of “rebellious” characteristics, most notably the flaming Mohawk.

HUGE thanks to the CAP discord for feedback on some of my previous iterations, and good luck to everyone who subbed a design!

Supporting Art

Concept art + other stuff: https://imgur.com/ydK4O5C

Final Submission

Ta-dah! Here's my design, which is heavily inspired by a ballet ballerina. The bow behind the head will "evolve" to become another kind of ribbons with evolution. Also, it has a glittery body that resembled stars at night, which is a nod to its magical theme. The tail is both a reference to the tail of the real life axolotl and the tail-end of a rocket, which ties it to the explosive/rocket lore.

Good luck everyone! ^^

Final Submission

This isn't really the best pose, but I was running out of time and thought this would be good enough.

The tail and head thing aren't fully grown because some reptiles can regrow body parts, so I wanted to twist that into it growing those body parts. The head thing is going to ignite on evolution. Other than that, its pretty self explanitory.

I wish everyone the best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)