CAP 27 Prevo - Part 6 - Stats Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
CAP 27 Prevo so far:

Type: Fire/Dragon
Abilities: Regenerator/Vital Spirit/Magician

Main design:

-----

With abilities in tow, let's make stats for this pre-evo!

Astrolotl is a fast, physically-leaning Pokemon with sufficient HP to make use of Wish. How does this translate to its pre-evolution? Here are Astrolotl's stats for reference:

Stats: 108 HP / 108 Atk / 74 Def / 92 SpA / 64 SpD / 114 Spe

You have 72 hours to make your stat submissions! Make sure to mark your submission as Final Submission at the top of the post when ready!

MrDollSteak

CAP 1v1 me IRL
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Final Submission

Oh boy stats! Here is my proposed spread.

68 HP / 48 Atk / 34 Def / 72 SpA / 24 SpD / 84 Spe

BST: 330

(+40 / + 60 / + 40 / + 20 / + 40 / +30 )

I love Gravity's design and really want it to shine in battle, but at the same time it strikes me as a prevolution that should be on the weaker side of things because of its small size and cute factor. I think of a large stat boost being quite appropriate, especially if it ends up as a Stone evolution. It's base total of 330 is comparable to other first stage stone Pokemon such as Growlithe and Exeggcute. I personally thought that its design reminded me of levitating special glass cannons in the tier such as Gastly and Abra and as such decided to make it lean into a special spread as well as to give it a relatively high speed tier.

Last edited:
Final Submission
73 HP / 48 Atk / 44 Def / 63 SpA / 34 SpD / 82 Spe
(Evo gives +35/+60/+30/+29/+30/+32) 344 BST
The first thing I thought on seeing the prevo design was "awwww."
The second, and much more relevant to the current topic, thing I thought was "That does not look like a physical attacker." So I thought that Astrolittle would be more of a supportive mon, with its magical power theme and firework theme playing greater roles due to its reduced physicality. With that in mind, 48 Atk is not going to be hurting anything any time soon with a rounded increase of 60 on evolution, while 63 SpA is just enough to leave it with some offensive capability to use its access to Draco Meteor and revenge kill slower offensive mons.
73 HP is so that with 252 EVs at Level 5, it hits 27 HP, which keeps Stealth Rock damage to 6 and maximises Regenerator recovery at 9 HP. The only other HP number achievable in LC that does the same is 15 HP, which is useless for obvious reasons. 12 EVs also maximise Regenerator recovery, but also maximise SR damage. In this way, much like Astrolotl, Astrolittle can pivot in and out of battle repeatedly. Unlike Astrolotl, its comparatively weak offenses prevent it pressuring defensive Pokemon while doing so. Astrolittle is also unable to keep Life Orb damage to 1 HP, even with minimised IVs.
Astrolittle still looks like a speedy bundle of energy, but not absurdly fast, so 82 Speed is the highest number possible that does not hit the exclusive 19 Speed tier, and coincidentally is the same as Dreepy, another Gen 8 Dragon with weaker offenses. This allows Astrolittle to invest as little as possible in exploiting its above average speed tier while still being vulnerable to Diglet, to ensure it is checked by it, and outsped by Ponyta, because trying to compete with Ponyta statwise is a lost cause. 180 EVs with a positive nature hits the 18 Speed benchmark.
44 in Def and 34 SpD compensates for its above average HP. Def is an Eviolite number uninvested, but a spare 4 EVs can be dumped into either one to raise one or the other while hitting an Eviolite number in this case of SpD.
Finally, the reason 63 SpA is chosen over the more thematic 62 is so that Astrolittle can hit the above HP and Speed benchmarks, then hit 14 SpA and have 4 EVs left over for one of its defences. It also coincidently hits 17 SpA at 252 EVs with a positive nature. I didn't want it any higher than this due to Gastly, another speedy special attacker, actually being sent to LC Ubers this gen. With a high HP and above-average speed, making it powerful as well in the offense-oriented LC metagame would be a bit far, even if it can be revenge killed by Diglet.
In summary:
  • High HP for pivoting purposes like its evolution and Speed compensated for by low defences and offenses.
  • Greatly customisable EVs due to having 5/6 stats start with a low benchmark.
  • Lean towards SpA rather than Atk, to go with moves like Draco Meteor.
  • Built around EV spread of 252 HP/92 SpA/180+ Spe with 4 EVs for one of the defences.
  • Slightly overshadowed by fellow Fire-type Ponyta, but its Dragon typing and better Ability make it useful.
  • HP ranges: Min 22, 14 IVs 23, 12 EVs 24, 92 EVs 25, 172 EVs 26, 252 EVs 27.
  • Attack ranges: Min- 8, Min 9, 4 IVs 10, 24 IVs 11, 52 EVs 12, 132 EVs 13, 212 EVs 14, 212+ EVs 15.
  • Def ranges: Min- 8, Min 9, 12 IVs 10, 4 EVs 11, 84 EVs 12, 164 EVs 13, 244 EVs 14, 244+ EVs 15.
  • SpD ranges: Min- 7, Min 8, 12 IVs 9, 4 EVs 10, 84 EVs 11, 164 EVs 12, 244 EVs 13, 244+ EVs 14.
  • SpA ranges: Min- 9, Min 11, 14 IVs 12, 12 EVs 13, 92 EVs 14, 172 EVs 15, 252 EVs 16, 252+ EVs 17.
  • Speed ranges: Min- 11, Min 13, 16 IVs 14, 20 EVs 15, 100 EVs 16, 180 EVs 17, 180+ EVs 18.
Changelog:
EDIT: The one calc so far looks promising:
76 Atk Ponyta High Horsepower vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Astrolotl: 22-26 (81.4 - 96.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
EDIT 2: 44 Spd-->34 Spd, as it fits better flavour-wise while offering the same EVing capabilites. Added Speed ranges.

Last edited:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
WIP

68 HP / 58 Atk / 44 Def / 72 SpA / 34 SpD / 74 Spe BST: 352
(+40 HP, +50 Atk, +30 Def, +20 SpA, +30 SpD, +40 Spe)

I'm new at this so I would take my proposal with a grain of salt. But I think the bulk with the HP can be used in tandem with Regenerator to become a little too overpowered. I would propose something along the lines of these:
**90 HP/ 126 Atk / 74 Def / 92 SpA / 64 SpD / 114 Spe**
I moved 18 HP to Atk to make it less likely to be able to salvage enough health to effectively abuse Regenerator and put it into Atk to help it kill more. I might be wrong though.

Wulfanator

Clefable's wish came true!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
I'm new at this so I would take my proposal with a grain of salt. But I think the bulk with the HP can be used in tandem with Regenerator to become a little too overpowered. I would propose something along the lines of these:
**90 HP/ 126 Atk / 74 Def / 92 SpA / 64 SpD / 114 Spe**
I moved 18 HP to Atk to make it less likely to be able to salvage enough health to effectively abuse Regenerator and put it into Atk to help it kill more. I might be wrong though.
Yeah, you are kinda off the mark with what we are doing with this stage, so let's see if we can help clarify some things. :)

So the stats listed in the first post are Astrolotl's stats (the evolution of the pokemon depicted). We are trying to figure out what the stats of the baby will be. It's like if we had Rapidash but we're trying to figure out what Ponyta's stats should be.

Ponyta to Rapidash is (50/85/55/65/65/90) --> (65/100/70/80/80/105)

So for our prevo to Astrolotl the trend would be (??/??/??/??/??/??) --> (108/108/74/92/64/114) and we are trying to figure out what the bests "??" for each stat. Hope that helps. You are welcome to pm me for additional help if you still have questions.

Final Submission

58 HP / 48 Atk / 14 Def / 32 SpA / 4 SpD / 54 Spe

BST: 210

(+50 / +60 / +60 / +60 / +60 / +60)

Since this prevo seems to be less experienced in battle than its final evolution, Astrolotl, I bet each of its base stats (other than HP) should be under 50, which in turn would make its base stat total lower than its final evolution's. However, since I see it as a Pokemon with enough HP to use Wish, I'd imagine its base HP at 58.

Zephyri

put on your headphones and burn my city
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderator
WIP

53 HP/38 Atk/59 Def/62 Spa/64 SpD/59 Spe

BST: 335

(+65/ +40/ +25/ +30/ +0/ +55)

With my stat spread, my goal was to put design first. The stat spread took inspiration from a few other pokes with a similar body type, like Helioptile and Salandit. I honestly disagree with what a lot of other people are saying about the fact that it should have a high HP stat to use wish effectively... there have been numerous cases where the prevo has a different distribution and does something completely different from the evolution, and judging from the design alone, this thing doesn't look thicc enough to have a high HP, imo. When i saw this mo, I saw fast-ish, defensive support mon, emphasis on special defense, that can dish out fairly hard special hits... It's "poncho(?)" looks like it could be some sort of magical special attack walling device, atleast IMO.

Thanks for reading!

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Sars + Stripes, the BST on your submission is the same as Astrolotl's. It seems like you're interpreting this process as an alternate form to Astrolotl, while we're trying to make a precursor to it. I would recommend looking at unevolved Pokemon to get a sense of what their BST and stats look like in relation to their evolved form!

Ducky Mioda, that's a pretty significant change in BST, along the same lines of Magikarp -> Gyarados (200 -> 540). I'm not sure if the design we decided on fits this radical metamorphosis flavor, so I'd personally make the difference in BST smaller. In addition, with the unique exception of Shedinja, no Pokemon has a base stat with a value under 5. I understand what you're going for with how much you're subtracting from Astrolotl's stat values, but 4 Special Defense is beyond what Pokemon normally allow.

Zetalz

Expect nothing, deliver less
is a Pre-Contributor
Final Submission

68 HP / 68 Atk / 34 Def / 52 SpA / 24 SpDef / 74 Spe BST: 350
(+40 / +40 / +40 / +40 / +40 / +40)

I took some inspiration from the Altaria line as Astrolittle gives me the same vibes as Swablu, being a small, cuddly, non-threatening mon that evolves into something much larger, prettier and stronger (relatively, in Altaria's case lol). Altaria gets +30 across the board to it's stats so I went with +40 keeping in with that theme of a balanced power-up. I debated around whether or not to have less or more of a gap between this and Astrolotl, looking at existing cap prevos showed that they tend to existing primarily in the 350-390 range with a few exceptions (such as but not limited to the starters) and to me this prevo doesn't seem like the type that would be on the higher end of that spectrum.

Last edited:
Final Submission

68 HP / 58 Atk / 54 Def / 42 SpA / 54 SpDef / 74 Spe BST: 350
(+40 / +50 / +20 / +50 / +10 / +40)

So I just made a team for the OM of the month, X-Evo, and I noticed certain trends among evolving pokemon: they gain base stats (what a funny). The stats will often increase in values with a factor of 10 or 5, less commonly increasing by other values. That's why I kept it simple and 10 based. I also reckon that Astrolittle is a wee puffball, bouncing around without a care in the world. This is why I've given it higher bulk than offence, mostly, and the swept-along-with-the-wind thing going on is why it retains some speed (similar to Cottonee and Whimsicott). Volcarona and Arcanine are nearly perfect examples of BST Astro has and the gap between the prevo I was aiming for. We have the base stats all pretty even with one stand out stat. Larvesta has Atk. Growlithe has a little less Atk, but equal SpA. Little has Spe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)