CAP 28 - Part 13 - Pokedex Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it would. With all the name and stats submissions, I actually forgot this thread was Miasmaw and not the prevo. My bad.

Then would this not be more appropriate as the prevo description? Miasmaw is fully evolved.
I'd thought that would be the one thing complaint: the closest appearance to the rearjaws was an earwig, which has wings.

The lack of wings in the design and the absence of explicitly wing based moves in the full moveset, along with the vaguely dragonfly larvae/nymph-like design was enough for me to keep that.

I had considered trying to find a way that was explicit in that it was fully evolved yet nymphlike, but couldn't find a non clunky way to say it, so settled with Nymph.

Nymphs are also cannibalistic (hence the Super effective link), and insects tend to as a rule communicate by pheremones: except that Miasmaw has weaponised theirs in Neutralizing Gas.

I am open to ideas if others have a better way of phrasing the FE but still Nymphlike appearance but I do fully accept that may be a reason it is not accepted for the tabling.

W.I.P
Miasmaw
the Deception pokemon
Sword Entry: Miasmaw curls its body to resemble a dragon's head, it can spray an irritating acid that can cause burns much like dragons breath.

Shield Entry: Scientists are still perplexed over how Miasmaw gained its appearance and how it fools pokemon since no Pokemon even closely resembles it.
Explanation
----------------------------------------------------------------------
For the sword entry, I decided to reference the pokemon's toxin as well as the burning effect caused by most acids. Similarly, dragons are said to breathe fire which also burns things.
Second of all, for the shield enty I took inspiration from sudowoodo's entry of "it mimics something that doesn't exist" assessment.
any advice can be appreciated (My grammar isn't the best) I hope you all have a nice day

WIP

Miasmaw
, the Effluvium Pokémon

Sword: Miasmaw are known for attacking even the strongest Pokémon on sight. This has led to their population slowly dwindling.

Shield: The acidic gas they produce is very deadly, but Miasmaw emit such a strong stench that sneaking up on prey is impossible for them.

I'd thought that would be the one thing complaint: the closest appearance to the rearjaws was an earwig, which has wings.

The lack of wings in the design and the absence of explicitly wing based moves in the full moveset, along with the vaguely dragonfly larvae/nymph-like design was enough for me to keep that.

I had considered trying to find a way that was explicit in that it was fully evolved yet nymphlike, but couldn't find a non clunky way to say it, so settled with Nymph.

Nymphs are also cannibalistic (hence the Super effective link), and insects tend to as a rule communicate by pheremones: except that Miasmaw has weaponised theirs in Neutralizing Gas.

I am open to ideas if others have a better way of phrasing the FE but still Nymphlike appearance but I do fully accept that may be a reason it is not accepted for the tabling.
Miasmaw does have wings: they're near the green portion of its body and between the front legs and the back legs. Sorry, but Miasmaw also looks significantly more like an adult than a nymph to me.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Miasmaw has wings in its design and knows Dual Wingbeat

WIP
Miasmaw,
the Burst Pokémon
Sword: When not congregating with others of its kind, this Pokémon is known to attack other Bug-Types when they are asleep.
Shield: When threatened, it curls up its maw-like tail both to intimidate and to expel hazardous gases that can neutralize both predators and prey.

Explanations:
Sword's entry references real-life bombardier beetle behavior, while Shield's entry is referencing its ability and is inspired by Masquerain's entry.

Last edited:
WIP

Miasmaw
, the Noxious Pokémon

Sword: The gas Miasmaw emits is known to cause nausea, headaches, and difficulty breathing. Its eyes are specialized to see through the smog it produces.

Shield: Miasmaw is a very confrontational Pokémon. Trying to run from it often incites attacks, so experts advise covering your face and backing away slowly.

Explanations: I wanted to highlight Miasmaw's anti-pivot role along with its abilities. The gas effects are based on real life chemical inhalation symptoms.

aaronarium I'd appreciate your feedback, particularly in the Shield entry.

WIP

Miasmaw, the MegaMaw Pokémon

Sword: Miasmaw's top-heavy body structure actually doesn't hinder it at all. The gas within its tail is lighter than air, allowing it to float above Miasmaw.

Shield: Miasmaw must mix the volatile chemicals within its tail to be able to tap into its wide arsenal of special attacks, including its infamous Fire Blasts.

Last edited:
WIP

Miasmaw
, the False Jaw Pokémon

Sword: Through its false head, Miasmaw emits a noxious gas. This gas is said to be so acidic, Miasmaw grew draconic scales to avoid melting from its own poison.

Shield: While the actual body of Miasmaw is small and fairly weak, its large false head delivers a powerful bite, being able to crush even steel plates with ease.

WIP 2

Miasmaw,
the Fuming Jaw Pokémon

Sword: The fumes from Miasmaw's mouth cause a terrible paralysis that can last up to 5 hours.

Shield: The fake head Miasmaw has is used only to scare other Pokémon away, they aren't much for fights but will do so if necessary.

What I’ve noticed about some of these entries is that they talk about Miasmaw’s fake jaw as if it’s weak and only used for intimidation or emitting gas, despite it having a very high physical attack stat and Dragon Hammer, suggesting it uses it’s tail aggressively in battle. Just a suggestion I thought I would make for future dex entries.

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
You have 48 hours to wrap up your Pokedex final submissions! Please make sure you follow the format as specified in the opening post!

Final Submission

Miasmaw
, the Dragon Mimic Pokémon

Sword: Over the course of millions of years, Miasmaw's tail evolved to imitate fearsome Dragon-type Pokémon. It spews noxious gas to incapacitate enemy Pokémon.

Shield: If its gas isn't enough to stop opponents, Miasmaw will build up pressure and blast them with enough force to shatter Iron. Its strong legs prevent it from toppling over.

Last edited:

dex

Hard as Vince Carter’s knee cartilage is
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission

Miasmaw
, the Dragon Bluff Pokémon

Sword: When it encounters a threat, Miasmaw will raise its tail and expel a noxious gas to frighten and disorient opponents.

Shield: Though its powerful tail may seem frightening, Miasmaw primarily uses it for burrowing, not eating.

Final Submission

Miasmaw
, the Bombardier Pokémon

Sword: Miasmaw are highly territorial, and will aggressively assault any invaders with its gaping maw and brutal force.

Shield: Thanks to their incredible vision, Miasmaw can snipe even small targets at a significant range with their powerful jaw cannons.

Final Submission

Miasmaw
, the False Jaw Pokémon

Sword: Through its false head, Miasmaw emits a noxious gas. This gas is said to be so acidic, Miasmaw grew draconic scales to avoid melting from its own poison.

Shield: While the actual body of Miasmaw is small and fairly weak, its large false head protects it from threats, being able to crush even steel plates with ease.

Final Submission

Miasmaw
, the Arsenal Pokémon

Sword: A nocturnal predator, attacks it's prey with either its giant maws, its poisonous gases or with blasts of draconic energy, adapting to the target's defences.

ShieShield: Has been around since over a million years ago, it requires a lot of food in order to maintain it's body, so it is very uncommon in the wild

Final Submission

Miasmaw
, the Dragon's Jaw Pokémon

Sword: It scares attackers with its draconic abdomen. Anything not intimidated by it is shot with a corrosive gas that can melt even titanium!

Shield: Its abdomen evolved to resemble a dragon in order to ward off predators. While fearsome in appearance, Miasmaw actually dislikes fighting.

MrDollSteak

CAP 1v1 me IRL
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Final Submission

Miasmaw
, the Mock Jaw Pokémon

Sword: Its fearsome set of jaws is actually a stinger that has evolved to better catch prey. It is strong enough to tear a dump truck to pieces.

Shield: This Pokémon emits a potent, noxious gas from its jaws to paralyze its foes. It is able to spray a moving target from over a mile away!

Final Submission

Miasmaw
, the Fumigation Pokémon

Sword: The gas that spills from its tail is inert, but its tendency to displace oxygen is deadly. This makes Miasmaw the mascot of many gas leak PSAs.

Shield: In combat, Miasmaw blasts foes with gas, then swiftly gores them with its tail. But since it's so top-heavy, these maneuvers cause frequent pratfalls.

Final Submission

Miasmaw
, the Noxious Pokémon

Sword: The gas Miasmaw emits is known to cause nausea, headaches, and difficulty breathing. Its eyes are specialized to see through the smog it produces.

Shield: Miasmaw is a very confrontational Pokémon, so trying to run away will often incite attacks. Experts advise covering your face and backing away slowly.

Shadowshocker

It shall rest here in peace. Forever, if you wish.
is a Top Artistis a Smogon Media Contributor
Final Submission

Miasmaw
, the Gas Leak Pokémon

Sword: Inhaling the gas produced by its tail causes symptoms that vary between people, including disorientation. Some believe it motivates the lazy and sluggish.

Shield: Chemical reactions in its abdomen create gases that leak from its draconic tail. It stuns prey with this putrid fog, then strikes with a powerful crunch.

Slapperfish

Banned deucer.
Final Submission

Miasmaw
, the Gas Beetle Pokémon

Sword: Nerves in its false jaw allow it to act independently from the rest of its body. Scientists once believed Miasmaw's abdomen housed a second brain.

Shield: It developed a false set of jaws to deter predators that could withstand its noxious gas. The weight of its abdomen makes it difficult to fly, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)