CAP 28 Prevo - Part 4 - Stats Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
It's time to submit stats for Miasmaw's pre-evolution! For reference, this is Miasmaw's stat spread:

85 / 135 / 60 / 115 / 85 / 89

This thread will be open for 72 hours. Make sure your add Final Submission to the top of your stats post when you are ready!

--

CAP 28 pre-evo so far:

Design (by Sunfished):

Typing: Bug/Dragon
Abilities: Neutralizing Gas/Hyper Cutter/Compound Eyes

WIP

65 / 85 / 40 / 85 / 65 / 49
BST: 389
I wanted to keep the same stat focus as that of Miasmaw. Still a mixed attacker, similarly frail and average speed. However the little guy definitely looks more like its in a shell than Miasmaw, so it has relatively more bulk among fellow NFEs, and given the fact that Miasmaw itself has such a high BST, I wanted Baby maw to also have a rather high BST among NFEs, albeit in a less pronounced manner.

Final Submission

50 / 75 / 40 / 80 / 65 / 59

BST: 369

This goes up 200 BST, which rivals Larvesta's gains and is not too far above a bunch of other 2 stage bugs and dragon evolutions like Swablu/Sizzlepede/Skrelp. Our little critter itself is a Dragon, so I think it having 369 BST for a baby is fine compared to the non-dragon Swablu/Skrelp. As far as pure dragon evolutions go for 2 stages, we don't have many. Noibat gains a whopping 250 BST while Tyrunt goes up only about 159. There's also Applin, but that's a gimmick first stage like Magikarp so I didn't bother considering it.

While its still mixed, I decided to make the SpA a small boost while the Atk gets a huge boost based on its movepool for the most part. This prevo learns Bug Buzz before it evolves, which is our biggest Bug type Special Attack move. As it evolves, it gains a huge boost of +60 Atk, and it learns its semi-signature Dragon Hammer as it gains a massive tail for mauling things with. That being said, it doesn't have a low Atk stat as a prevo either. Its Atk is still greater than other Atk based bugs like Sizzlepede or Skorupi, and is just under the dragon Tyrunt (which doesn't have a mixed thing going for it)

As for the defensive values, I didn't increase the defense or special defense too much since it looks sturdier than Miasmaw since its mostly just the carapace. I did decrease the health though because there isn't as much meat on it like there is on its evolution. I also dropped the speed by 30 since it looks like it can scurry around, and ~50 speed is not uncommon on prevos.

Last edited:

shnowshner

You've Gotta Try
is a Pre-Contributor
Final Submission

40 / 85 / 60 / 52 / 52 / 44

Stats were based around Larvesta, whose evolved form reaches a similarly-high BST. HP and Speed both increase by the same amount. 85 Attack works well since it reminds me heavily of Trapinch, but more unwieldly. Prevo looks like it can curl up to protect itself, so I wanted to reflect that by keeping its defense at 60, the same as its evolution. Miasmaw has more than double the HP stat so it's not like this is immediately bulkier, since it's still a small sad little bug. That's also a not-so-sad Dragon.

Lower BST seems popular right now and I'm in agreement. I liked having both Special stats at a mediocre 52; it's both not impressive by LC standards, and the huge jump it gets as it evolves is a nice allusion to it "maturing" from its bitey-bitey days to a full-fledged draconic monster. 44 Speed is also reasonable: it doesn't look fast, but I also have the headcannon that its got okay reaction time.

First Stage : 40 / 85 / 60 / 52 / 52 / 44 | 335
Final Stage : 85 / 135 / 60 / 115 / 85 / 89 | 569
Difference : +45 +50 +0 +63 +33 +45 | +234

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

CAP 1v1 me IRL
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Final Submission

75 / 95 / 60 / 30 / 75 / 30

BST: 360

I've taken a bit of a different approach here. I think that the prevos tail lacks the shape and style to blast off strong special attacks, which is kind of supported by the movepool too. Instead I've focused on giving it higher defenses as it's skull shaped carapace seems fairly bulky.

Last edited:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Final Submission

45 HP / 90 Atk / 30 Def / 45 SpA / 55 SpD / 54 Spe [BST 319]

Stat BST is heavily inspired from bugs such as Sizzilipede, Dweeble and Skorupi. Its a tiny bug after all, and said bug having a higher BST than Scratchet doesn't rub me right. I think It should be primarily physically offensive as well, as the Prevo lost most of its powerful special attacks.

Last edited:
Final Submission

55 HP / 75 Atk / 45 Def / 55 SpA / 55 SpD / 44 Spe [BST: 329]

Going off of the design, it lacks the powerful jaws, cannon-like orifice, and articulated limbs of the final evolution, so I detracted the most from Attack, Special Attack, and Speed. This leaves it with stats similar to starter pre-evolutions. It also averages to a nice +40 in everything, which I thought was aesthetically pleasing.

Last edited:
Final Submission

65/70/30/40/40/40
BST: 285

This design seems pretty pathetic compared to other Dragon prevos, so I went with a weaker BST. Based off of Applin, Dreepy, and Jangmo-o.

Last edited:
WIP

55/80/45/65/55/59
BST: 349

I wanted it to have a lower BST like most bug types, but enough to make it stand out more than other baby bug types.

Last edited:

shnowshner

You've Gotta Try
is a Pre-Contributor
Hey I don't mean to minimod but Quan hasn't logged in since yesterday and it's been past 72 hours, if you haven't made a final submission yet you probably should get that in ASAP

Hey I don't mean to minimod but Quan hasn't logged in since yesterday and it's been past 72 hours, if you haven't made a final submission yet you probably should get that in ASAP
I was wondering why the poll wasn't over yet... thanks for the heads up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)