CAP 29 - Name Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final Submission

Chimaster

"Chimaera" + "Masterpiece" + "Master" (because "Chimasterpiece" is too long legendary).

Pronounced: "Kye-MAS-ster" or "Kye-MAH-ster" depending on your accent.

Last edited:

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Final Submission

Painthra

A combination of Panthera, the genus that lions are a part of, and paint. Loosely sounds like "painter".

Pronounced: paint-TRAH
IPA: ˈpāntˌthrə

Final Submission

Chimeroscuro

Pronounced: "Chi-mehr-os-kyu-ro"

A combination of chimera and chiaroscuro (the use of strong contrast between light and shadow to create depth in a painting).

Final Submission

Aslanhir

Aslan (Turkish for Lion or King of Beasts) + zehir (Turkish for Poison)

Pronounced: Ah-slan-here

CallMeDrippyT

Banned deucer.
Final Submission

Oozighness

A combination of "Ooze" and "Highness."

Pronounced: Ooze-eye-nuhs

First part of the name comes from the somewhat oozing appearance of CAP 29. Second part of the name is inspired by the expression "Your Highness" which is commonly used to address members of royalty/regality. Adds to the kingly/queenly vibe of the mon

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
Final Submission

Salvaleo

A combination of "Salvador Dali" and "Leo", the prior of whom is a famous surrealist.

Pronounced: Sal-va-lee-oh, kinda like Solgaleo.

I think referencing a surrealist would fit with the general idea behind an ever-changing canvas you can't grasp, which Color Change seems to imply. You can also draw the word "salivate" from it, which can reference the lion's carnivorous nature.

Last edited:

Hera

Make a move before they can make an act on you
is a Social Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
PUPL Champion
Final Submission

Quimedro

Name comes from the fact that the original artist was inspired by Pablo Picasso's cubist art and combines the Spanish words of chimera and painting.

Pronounced: qui-MEH-dro

Last edited:
Final Submission

Painthra

A combination of Panthera, the genus that lions are a part of, and paint. Loosely sounds like "painter".

Pronounced: paint-TRAH
IPA: ˈpāntˌthrə
I liked your WIP better; this one is one letter away from the name of a Kirby boss of some prominence, Paintra.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
I liked your WIP better; this one is one letter away from the name of a Kirby boss of some prominence, Paintra.
As a big Kirby fan, I recognize this, but I felt the extra “e” both made it awkward to pronounce and took away the emphasis when saying “PAINT”.

Final Submission

Paletterro

A combination of "Palette" + "Terror."

Pronounced: "pal·it·ter·oh"

A palette is a surface on which a painter mixes paints, while terror goes with dark & scary chimeras/lions.
I dropped an r at the end, to have the name be "more Spanish/Italian/etc. sounding."
It comes off the tongue a bit easier without an additional r to pronounce at the end.

Last edited:
Final Submission

Mufastoil

A revised version of my WIP submission, incorporating Oil (used in oil pastel sticks) into the original Mufastel portmanteau.

After a while of reading up the final submission draft, I've decided (after some deliberation) to incorporate the word Oil into my original Mufastel submission, for a bit more pathos and pizazz. Thus, I decided on Mufastoil, to better convey the message.

Pronounced: "Moo-FAH-stoil"

Last edited:
Final Submission

Stygiangelo

Stygian is relating to the Styx, River of Death in Greek Mythology, and then we have Angelo, part of the famous artist Michaelangelo’s name.

Pronounced: “sti·jee·anh·juh·loh”

WIP (1/3)

Oozaic

combination of "Ooze" + "Mosaic"

pronunciation: [OO] + [ZAY] + [IK]

WIP (2/3)

Oozera

combination of "Ooze" + "Chimera"

pronunciation: [OO] + [ZEH] + [RUH]

WIP (3/3)

Viperrend (or Viperend)

combination of "Viperous" (or "Viper") + "Rend"

pronunciation: [VY] + [PER] + [EHND]

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Disqualifications:
  • Magmajudis (Predartor): Missing colon on "Pronounced:" line.
  • Blue glass (Mantiroque): Description is longer than one line, description is too long.
  • thundergoos (Acrylicore): Missing colon on "Pronounced:" line.
  • SuessMD (Chimeroscuro): Wrong final submission post format.
  • Wolf134 (Mufastoil): Description is longer than one line, description is too long.
Everyone else advances to poll 1!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)