CAP 29 - Part 10 - Moveset Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Awesome. Nicely done, community! We are all geared up for our launch. Special mention to SHSP for doing an excellent job of navigating a particularly tricky CAP through its moveset discussion (and the brand new Defining Moves stage). His work will serve as a foundation for the CAP Project to move forward with how we'll run movesets in the future. I'm a big fan of his work!

As for my TL powers, I'm going to use my +1 to remove Reflect and Light Screen from the blacklist. They're not going to go onto Required Moves, but I would like to see them available to movepool creators; they're great flavor for CAP29. I agree with Darek851 and LucarioOfLegends that CAP29 is not going to be an efficient screen setter, but I don't think that should prohibit movepool submitters from adding these moves should they choose to include them. And if either of these moves somehow started being used competitively, I personally think they're pro-concept: CAP29 is using the free turns its generating from its ability to set up screens. Again, likely not viable, but I don't find that a convincing reason to blacklist them.

As we move into the 1.0 Release and the Lookback discussions, let's utilize the conversations we had here to make more cemented opinions about things like Fire-type coverage, Fighting-type coverage, Coil (and physical moves to accompany it), and any other moves we might have missed competitively. Great job here, y'all! Let's get this wrapped up in short order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)