CAP 29 - Part 14 - Shiny Palette Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final Submission
ChromeraSpritesShiny.png

A basic black shiny accented with the three primary colors. I'm not sure if the contrast between the black and the original gold frame makes the face look derpy, but it seemed like a basic option to offer.

dex

10 wolf, 3 shepherd, 1 sheep, led leopard
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission

First time doing this, think it turned out ok if it is a little similar to some of the others subbed.
imageedit_12_7546638245.png

Final Submission

One of my original ideas for this shiny submission was white ink as a nod to white lions, but I couldn't get that to look good, so I instead went with this nifty dark gray ink color. For the ribbons and metal accents, I decided to roll with the idea of additive color that can be applied to the normal color scheme - yellow, as in the frame, is the result of combining red and green, as in the ribbons. Here, the ribbons are instead blue and red, which combine to form magenta, hence the nifty toxic pinkish-purple hue of the frame and other metal-like parts.

This color palette arguably fits the typing even more than the original, I think - black ink (Dark) and purple accents (Poison)!

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Modpost: You have until Monday 10 AM ET to make your final submissions, after which we will lock the thread and start polls!

To see how much time you have left in your time zone, you can use this page.

Edit: To be clear, the deadline is on Monday.

Last edited:

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission

Temporary File.png

There's no strong theme to this palette--I played around with colors until it looked nice. It's reminiscent of watermelon, according to some (including me). :P The white also reminds me of ivory.

I tried a lot of stuff out when it came to working on a palette, but the primary problems I had were the shiny use of lighting on the yellow, as well as the low number of colors on the purple. That nixed ideas like an all-chrome sprite. I also tried a sphinx-inspired palette, but I got feedback to try different colors since we had a lot of brown ones already, so I ended up settling on a nice red color. I intentionally colored the red so it was bright instead of making it blood-like.

Thanks to Darquezze306, DrifblooomCF, and Mos-Quitoxe for feedback, as well as everyone who helped vote on the palette!

Last edited:
Final Submission
Chromera Shiny.png

Colours based on Picasso's blue period for our favourite Cubism chimera. I gave it a silver frame rather than gold, but tried to retain the original shine and kept it bright. As for the ribbons/horns, I simply swapped the colours with each other. I forgot about this, so simplicity is the end result for the ribbons.

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
Disqualifications:
  • Unsee: Mismatched outlines on yellow parts (outlines are red).
Everyone else advances to poll 1!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)