CAP 29 - Part 6 - Defining Moves Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
CAP 29 So Far

Here is the poll to determine whether CAP 28 should be required to learn Quiver Dance or Calm Mind! Please refer to the Defining Moves Discussion to help you make your decision.

Summary from SHSP:

Alrighty, discussion's dying down a bit, and the community seems particularly split still, so I'm calling for a poll between adding Quiver Dance to the Required list or adding Calm Mind to the Required List.

Quiver Dance has seen the arguments in favor of it be mostly about needing more power. The speed boost in addition to the boosts to the special stats has been pointed to as the additional power we need to start giving CAP 29, mainly through the virtue of improving matchups and making us more immediately more threatening as a sweeper later in games. The arguments against QD have also pointed to that speed boost not interacting well with Color Change by avoiding changing our type, and in general the fear that QD is too much power to give right now, and will dominate the project as it continues. I'd point to Birkal's post as one that best encapsulates the pro-QD argument, and Pipotchi and Kjnjkmjk1's posts to describe counterarguments.

Calm Mind, though on its face clearly inferior, has been argued to have more upsides for us as a process. It has been pointed to as enough to actualize concept, as said by Quziel's post, and will continue to leave open power budget for us later on in stats and moves proper. Opponents of Calm Mind have called it too little and too slow, saying that it forces us to take unnecessary time and momentum to try and setup and fulfill our role. The pro-CM over QD post I'd point to would be the aforementioned Quz's post, and Birkal's and The Crusade's paint a good picture of the counterarguments in depth.
This will be a single bold vote, which means that you vote for only one of the submissions. A typical vote might look like the following:
My Preferred Entry

If the voter wishes, he may post comments on his vote below the actual vote. Only the vote itself should be bold and none of the supplementary text should be bold.
CAP uses automated scripts to count votes. For this reason, it is very important for all ballots to be submitted correctly. If you do not compose a legal ballot, your post will be subject to moderation.
  • The scripts count bold words in ballots, so do NOT bold anything in your ballot other than the options you are voting for.
  • Do NOT put any formatting other than bold in your post.
  • Only one option per line.
  • Spelling of options must be EXACTLY correct and must match the spelling listed above.
  • Capitalization and spaces are ignored by the vote counting scripts, but you probably should not depend on it.
Composing a proper ballot is easy. Enter BBCode Edit Mode (the A in the upper right corner). Copy/paste the options directly from the OP to your ballot as plain unbolded text. Delete and/or rearrange the options to suit your preference and the poll type. Bold your vote text using bold tags or re-enter rich text mode, highlight your vote and click B. Spelling or formatting errors may spoil your ballot, so be careful!

CAP uses blind voting. Other people's votes won't appear in the thread, but they are counted and will be made visible at the end of the voting timeframe. For more information about this change, check out this PRC thread.

The voting options are:

Make Only Quiver Dance Required
Make Only Calm Mind Required

This poll will be open for 24 hours.

Zephyri

put on your headphones and burn my city
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderator
Make Only Calm Mind Required
No Feather Dance or Geomancy on the poll, sad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)