CAP 3 CAP 3 – Part 4 (Style)

Between its offensive & defense stats, how would this pokemon be like?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Orchid with a chili-pepper inside!

Rawr the orchid opens and out comes the flaming chili pepper mouth!

Actually...I image her similar to this:

Execpt flaming and with a few design changes. I blame Digimon, Pokemon, drinking too many pepsi, and boredom.

Definitely something balanced, with an excellent support movepool... maybe a form of Moonlight for it? Cauterize?

Balanced, because I kind of want it to be able to have the option of switching roles.

Okay, I know it isn't the time for it just yet, but I couldn't hold back.

My excuse is that it could maybe get some ideas rolling. Sumthin' like that.

but its another grass Pixie.....

and I say this thread gets shortened next time around, we are out of things to talk about at the end of two days.

Let's not try to jumpstart the art thread here, OK?
We're not jumping ahead of ourselve pre-say, merely throwing design ideas around just in case artist need some more inspirations. As long as people don't go off topic for too long and too far, it seem okay.

Hyra~It's not a grass pixie more like a humanoid flower, but if you want it to punch and kick it got to look human-like. I do agree that this poll could have been shorten up by one day and beside, it looks like he already have ourselves a winner based on the poll results. The only question is how long should a bold poll/preferance poll should last?

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
I have 5 ideas already thanks to sleep deprivation and drugs.

I would choose an offensive set just because of the weakness to stealth rock and the fact that this combination has a very good potential to sweep.

I want balanced because I'd like to see it able to utilize all the cool strategies that fire/grass affords, both offensive and defensive.

Without getting ahead of the process again:
Everyone seems to think that this is going to be some sort of flower or fruit, personified, and lit on fire. Why can't it be an entire plant? I'm thinking a humanoid tree (read: Ent) with fire sprouting out of some of its burnt appendages. That idea fits best with the stats I'd like to see anyway.

We're not jumping ahead of ourselve pre-say, merely throwing design ideas around just in case artist need some more inspirations. As long as people don't go off topic for too long and too far, it seem okay.

Hyra~It's not a grass pixie more like a humanoid flower, but if you want it to punch and kick it got to look human-like. I do agree that this poll could have been shorten up by one day and beside, it looks like he already have ourselves a winner based on the poll results. The only question is how long should a bold poll/preferance poll should last?
I mean pixie in the mean sense. The little villanous things that fly around and pick on people, not the kind (... I almost wrote Cerebi...) Celebi is. I know it has to look humanoid, but it is small and fairy like. It can be humanoid and not be a pixie.

Bold vote has been good at around the two day mark, but I see the next poll being very discussion heavy, so maybe it can fill three. I'm starting to think two days will be good for everything besides the actual Base Stat, Art, and Movepool polls/discussions.

I'd honestly like to see a defensive pokemon since the other 2 were mainly offensive pokemon (Though Revenkah could have been balanced, I haven't seen his stats in ages).

Also, the idea of a fire/grass poke makes me think of Tangela on fire, lol

I say offensive, I can see this type combo being really scary in the sun. STAB SolarBeam and STAB and sun-boosted fire attacks.

I wanted a defensive pokemon because they are no true defensive fire pokemon.Even with a stealth rock weakness(you can't assume stealth rock being out anyway) the grass side has enough tools aka leech seed,recovery moves,and sleep moves to be successful in a defensive role.My vision is a defensive minded poke that only got true offensive capabilities when you used in conjunction with sunny day and combine with life orb and chlorophyll otherwise it would be in a sub,wisp,seeder/stalling type role.

I voted balance because it is closer to my defense fire poke dream and can still do of somethings i want to see.Here why i am against offense

1.I don't know if it hurts my cause or helps it but every fire except torkoal and marcargo are offense minded.A good defensive poke for fire would be a change and unique.Offensive pokemon stats would be concreted on speed and special attack,attack and ignore defenses making it another fragile fire type when typing fire/grass does not have to be fragile.Somebody said that fire/grass is awesome offensive type and would be waste on defensive poke but fire/ground and fire/dark equally great offense combos which are waste because they can't take a hit.

2.This on the assumption that it will get chlorophyll(which is not lock victory) but it seems like a good guess with people hint they like the option (of course an awesome drawing could win the art contest and change around thinking completely).This poke could easy jump over the top in to something broken.Think about tools it is getting sunnyday+fire blast+life orb/charcoal+and maybe speed boost from chlorophyll.The speed boost is the part worries me because it will get pretty good speed from us which means a little investment speed to out speed everything and could dedicate most efforts on its offense but of course all this based on something that may never happen.

This is what probably needs to be said

If it get chlorophyll ,no stat up moves and it is as only fast as the fastest effective chlorophyll user which is Shiftry(80 speed).

I mean pixie in the mean sense. The little villanous things that fly around and pick on people, not the kind (... I almost wrote Cerebi...) Celebi is. I know it has to look humanoid, but it is small and fairy like. It can be humanoid and not be a pixie.

Bold vote has been good at around the two day mark, but I see the next poll being very discussion heavy, so maybe it can fill three. I'm starting to think two days will be good for everything besides the actual Base Stat, Art, and Movepool polls/discussions.
Two days are fine but the Mod should get the option of keeping it open longer in case of weird stuff or a close race

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)