CAP 3 CAP 3 Art Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, great to see all this feedback on my designs. I realized that a lot of the sentiment amongst you guys was that the Woodman design, as you guys have named it, looks more like a physical wall than anything else and wanted flamethrowers on the arms.

Here is my offering.

Any thoughts?

This definitely looks like a Pokemon, and the most unique design so far. I am ready to vote for this one, despite all the great artwork on this thread. Looks great to me I wouldn't change too much on it.This thread probably has the best artwork out of all the CAP projects so far.

No matter which ones wins can we make a sticky gallery for past submissions, some really good stuff is getting wasted maybe then we can use older images in future projects.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
Hi, I hope I'm not too late to the party! x)

I woulda been here sooner if my inking pen wasn't a piece of shit. I'm excited to see so many artists though! Hopefully I won't monopolize the competition this time around. :(

Also, I see Elagune being the dark horse this time around.

Anywho, my first design here is nothing overly extraordinary. I just based it off a seedpod somewhat and made it fiery. The pre-evo is just a liddle floating seed pokemon, kinda like the Hoppip family. It floats around for miles on end until it spots the sunniest patch of soil it sees. Once spotted, t will affix itself to the ground and evolve.

If there isa major emergency like an earthquake, its roots can be quickly retracted and it blasts large gusts of hot air from the bottom and flies to a new spot.

This third idea is my take on the chili Pepper idea, with elements from this Zelda Boss:

Each of the three peppers has a different face that it switches to depending on how it is going to act. The "happy" face is its stationary "head, the "angry" glaring face is for when attacking, and the "sad' face (not shown, but you can see half of his mask on the side), is for evasive action; aka fleeing.

You'll also notice that I made the stems all coil together with a fiery leaf at the tip, like dynamite. Well, as a last ditch effort, the Chili peppers can muster up enough heat to set the fuse and explode, causing enough of a distraction to escape.

The third one is my personal favorite, as you can tell by the quality of him compared to the others. It's appearance is based of the Cockatrice of mythology, which was described to be a rooster crossed with a lizard that petrified victims with its gaze.

It has leafy appendages at the top of his head to create his crest. The can be flung at enemies and will quickly replenish upon being thrown instantly.

Its long serpentine body allows for extreme agility and flexibility, making him able to hone in on prey faster and easier.

His tail ends with a blade that he uses to cut down obstacles that his slender body couldn't normally get by.

His body is scalding to the touch, as he constantly stores thermal energy form any source. It has enough energy stored that it can survive away from a warm climate for up to 2 months.

While roaming, it sometimes gets plant matter stuck to its skin. With extended exposure to his high body heat, these have solidified to form natural armor patches that can resist even the hardest of punches.

Without further ado, I bestow unto you guys my Cockatrice:

This is the only of the 3 I care enough about to color tomorrow.

SHIT. FUCKING WON.

Now i'm over the exitement of the third one (Chilli peppers failed ultimately.)

That suggests a BST of somthing like this:

80/100/80/130/80/75 (cockatrices arn't that fast IIRC.)

Ability may Lower defences/Spa/speed on switchin, and I can see potential movepool as including Agility, Dragon dance, Nasty Plot, Generic fire moves, Generic grass moves, Wood hammer, Seed bomb.

That pwns.

KoA

is an Artist
Most cockatrices were described with the body of a large rooster with the tail of a lizard, though several forms were brought to life via art over the years.

Hell, the version of Cockatrice from Azure Dreams is what was the main inspiration for that guy:

By the way, that is a great and underrated game.

What would you be suggesting in terms of a Offencive, SpA geared, And Balanced defences Cockatrice spread, without it turning into Syclant 2.0 with different stabs?

KoA

is an Artist
I'd say your spread looks fine, just take away 20 points from attack maybe and add 10 to each defense or something.

KoA, that last one is awesome. I'm not sure whether I would vote for that one over the others, but it's definitely one of my favorites in this thread so far.

The.Lost.Hylian

Conquer your Shadow
is a Researcher Alumnus

I am voting for this. If we go with this version, I think it may be a good idea to give it the cannon moves and beam moves... or at least some of them...

Hyper Beam
Psybeam
Zap Cannon
Spike Cannon

I would say Ice Beam and Hydro Cannon but that would be way off.

I finally have some other favourites besie Elagnues.

KoA that Chilli-Pepper one rocks, I can really see that as being a new gen quirky pokemon (insert Farfetched, Luvdisc, Delibird,) however this could finally be a useable one. This my new favourite.

Doug - Yours just screams Ghost/Fire, The lantern and Branches are signification of Grass types, but alas the Ghost over powers it

The.Lost.Hylian

Conquer your Shadow
is a Researcher Alumnus
If Doug's Hallowmean wasn't so single lined and curvy it would lose it's ghost-like appearance. I'm suggesting a body similar to this...

Not that I don't like Doug's drawing, but as above poster has stated, it looks too much like a ghost type.

I liked the chilli pep idea. It also made me thought of a Chilli>Capsicum>Pumpkin Evo line. Hope deadline doesn't close b4 i can take a photo of mine and submit it.

I'd say your spread looks fine, just take away 20 points from attack maybe and add 10 to each defense or something.
I'd still like it to have a useable attack. Those claws are just too hard to pass up.

80/90/85/130/85/75 = 545 Sound better?

Here is my work. I don't know how to post it, so i just posted it on deviant art. The pumkin idea seemed to match the current stat spread that was popular. Its a hard skinned fruit (or Vegetable?), implying high def, with looks that give it not many physical options, forcing it to go Special. The problem is that its slow, instead of the normal speed other people wanted. I currently have no time to colour it.

http://ransenz.deviantart.com/art/Pumkin-dude-83004247

This is great. I think you as an artist above all in the CAP projects really have the Sugimori/Pokemon style down for the majority of your own creations. After this is colored I can see it being a fierce competitor towards the wooden raptor. My second favorite on this thread so far.

This is very badass, you did a very good job coloring it. I think it looks too evil to be a Pokemon though. I would want to design my Pokemon a lot like this ideally because they're monsters, but I think it still looks a bit too evil for the Sugimori style.

Good job dude, I think this type of jack o lantern would be more appropriate to fit the Pokemon style. However, I don't really notice any fire type affiliations with it just by looking at it.

Most the artwork on this thread is very good, some of the best I've seen for self created Pokemon. They look even better than the real Pokemon. I wish there could be 2 fire and grass creations.

I didn't know how to render fire inside the pumpkin without blocking out the main concepts. Will add the fire when i colour it.

WOW. Everyone's art is just great! My favorites so far have been Elagune's Woodman, CyzirVisheen's Dimetrodon, and KoA's Cockatrice.

I have more than just this one to submit, but I'd like to flesh out my other ideas a little more first. In any event, here's my submission for now:

Not the best scan quality, but oh well. Obviously it's taking a base from Stegosaurs, which makes a whole lot of sense to me. Stegosaurs use their back plates to heat their blood while in the sun. This to me exemplifies both the Fire and Grass attributes in this guy. His blood would be superheated, giving him the ability to utilize fire, and he would be stimulating the plant part of him by taking in sunlight. Also, I keep thinking how badass Solarbeam would be with him. I'm thinking it would be just like Godzilla - his plates light up from back to front and then he releases the beam out is mouth.

Oh yeah, if you couldn't tell, his plates are leaves and his feet are covered in grass/moss/overgrowth.

Anyway, I really want to color this guy, and also my other ideas when they are finished. Could someone recommend me a good coloring program? Colored pencils just don't seem to do this project justice.

These 3 are definitely my favorites.

I love the design here, I think something's a little wierd with the arm on the right side, possibly a bit too long but thats easy to revise, we really need to see this coloured though.

Great art, although i'm going to agree with some of the other posters in saying the cannons on its arms just seem a bit too simple.

I only like the 2nd concept but i like it alot. I think this pic isn't recieving the justice it deserves probaly since it's not coloured, but its really nice and is probaly my favorite.

KoA, you did it again. You're flaming Cockatrice is awesome. That thing can sure give Woodman, Jack, and a few other good ones a run for their money.

Personally I think that the grass typing should be a little more obvious than shown, it looks more like a rock/fire than a fire/grass. Maybe a few leaves around the collar to demonstrate it as a grass type. I'd like to point out that Sudowoodo is based on the concept of a tree/wood as it shown in your art work and is a rock type.

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
For the Gentle Giant, have you tried experimenting with slender hands, Elagune? Its slender body shape would fit well with slender hands, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)