CAP 14 CAP 3 - Part 13 - Movepool Poll 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
bugmaniacbob
kjt
capefeather

Capefeather would have been first if not for the event flavor - I hate event flavors. Besides that, I liked both bmb's and kjt's movepools, but I went with bmb's because his was better justified. Good luck to all.

nyttyn
Malkyrian

If Malkyrian didn't have so many level-ups or Hurricane, the movepool would have been first for sure. But these were the two I felt reflected Mollux best in both flavour and utility.

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
nyttyn
capefeather

Choosing solely depending on closeness to my own submission, so yeah, I am biased. Sorry about that (sticks tongue out).

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Seems my choice of Recover as an egg move is working against me. I don't see the difficulty myself, so I have no regrets.

I would ask that people bother to read what I have to say in my submission rather than just making a decision based off the excel spreadsheet

Anyway

bugmaniacbob
nyttyn - Disagree with egg groups
capefeather - Disagree on flavour moves
kjt - Thunder as egg move, presence of distracting options
LouisCyphre - Thunder as egg move, presence of distracting options
uwnim - Presence of Octazooka
Malkyrian - Presence of Octazooka + no Eruption

uwnim

Loving the Soak/Rapid Spin niche, plus everything about this movepool in general. Full of flavor, competive, flexible. It just fits Mollux.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I think movepools are probably the hardest submission to do really well, and I hold movepool submitters to a very high standard. The reason it is hard, is because a great movepool has to combine good competitive reasoning with good flavor and creativity.

The movepool is essential to complete the competitive vision of the pokemon, so you can't just slap a bunch of interesting moves on the pokemon and expect it to work in the metagame. But unlike many other voters, I think a pokemon's movepool says more about the flavor and backstory of the pokemon than just about anything else, except maybe the art. So, when I see movepool submitters focus only on competitive elements, that gets an automatic veto from me. It is the equivalent of submitting an art design that isn't colored, or submitting a stat spread without damage calcs. Basically, I consider a "competitive-only" movepool incomplete and therefore disqualified.

All the movepools submitted seemed good enough from a competitive standpoint. And, let's be honest, if it was a completely crappy competitive movepool, it probably wouldn't make the slate in the first place. With that said, the following movepool submitters did a great job of mixing competitive and flavor, backed up with interesting reasoning for both. These are listed in order of preference (like all ballots should be on this poll).

capefeather
Loved all the research and reasoning for moves that should go on this pokemon based on precedent and other moves.

bugmaniacbob
I like that you had a very cohesive vision for what you wanted from the movepool, and you stuck to that vision. I'm not entirely in agreement with some of your competitive choices, but I respect you for creating a great holistic movepool.

kjt
You obviously put a lot of thought into every move and I enjoyed reading your movepool descriptions. Your competitive reasoning was much weaker than your flavor reasoning. But I like that you took both into account with your submission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)