CAP 14 CAP 3 - Part 2 - Typing Poll 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Poison
Ice/Rock
Fire/Poison
Fire
Ice/Steel
Bug/Psychic

I am absolutely convinced that mono-Poison will lead to the most interesting fulfillment of this concept. Ice/Rock is very intriguing as well; working our way out of that gutter would be a blast. Fire/Poison and Fire don't interest me considerably. Steel is a great typing in general and I question if it's truly a bad typing. Bug/Psychic I don't question at all; it is simply too good of a typing to fulfill this concept, in my opinion.

Ice/Steel
Poison
Bug/Psychic

I'm just going to point out that there is literally one thing Ice/Rock can do well and that's be a revenge killer and do we really want another one of those? The other choices can actually do stuff but everyone's going YAY BAD TYPING :D :D :D :D and it's not cool at all!!!!

Asylum_Rhapsody

Ice/Rock
Fire
Bug/Psychic
Ice/Steel
Poison
Fire/Poison

I struggled a lot with this. Although I very much like the idea of an Ice/Steel Pokemon, I don't feel that it adheres to the selected concept nearly as well as other options. I know that some people will disagree with this reasoning, but I do worry that Steel is just too overrepresented in the metagame as it is, so we wouldn't really be learning as much. That said, I put both of the Poison options at the bottom because I'm not a very big fan of how it has been suggested that these typing options be executed.

Mafeking

channels his inner Wolverine
is a Contributor Alumnus
Poison
Ice/Steel
Fire/Poison
Ice/Rock
Fire
Bug/Psychic

Agreeing that Bug/Psychic isn't going to make this concept work the best way possible. I realize that Ice/Steel is possibly also in this category but I'd also really like to see what could be done about that.

Poison is an excellent baseline typing, and while Poison/Fire automatically brings terrible images of Garbodor/Heatran babies, I also like it moreso than Fire as a mono-type. Other people have already talked about the values of doing an Ice/Rock typing, but I do worry that we'd end up a bit too constricted?

Bug/Psychic
Poison
Ice/Steel
Fire
Fire/Poison

never was a fan of this concept, but be that as it may. Fire/poison isn't really a bad typing...but is kinda useless in OU due to weather...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)