CAP 3 CAP 3 - Part 6 (Base Stat Total)

How much Base Stat Total should our new Pokemon have?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
O, I got a similar number for the first spread, I just didn't post that lol

I actually got 528, which was the same for mine when you go with 84 speed. I think you deleted your post with the new spread, but the numbers I used were

Actually, I'm confused as to what your final spread is. I didn't use what is there right now, the 81, I used something else.

Can you post that again?

Okay, just re-did the calculations. Either rounding makes a big difference, or I made a mistake becuase I am now getting 559.6.

I also changed my spread after posting that, and am going to change it again, so don't worry. I will have an accurate calculation in my submission to Gothic Togekiss.

Depending on where it was rounded from (middle numbers mostly) it could make a huge difference. Especially if you're rounding off multiple times, as there are easily seven or so spots you can round off at. I personally didn't round until the very last step (thank you copy/paste, and later when using the TI-83: variable storage).

Depending on where it was rounded from (middle numbers mostly) it could make a huge difference. Especially if you're rounding off multiple times, as there are easily seven or so spots you can round off at. I personally didn't round until the very last step (thank you copy/paste, and later when using the TI-83: variable storage).
For the second calculation I rounded the Tankiness value, which took off a little more than .01 from it. I guess that makes a big difference. All the other times I just rounded at the end.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Uhh, rounding doesn't make that big of a difference, lol. Hyra just made a mistake the first time, probably didn't include HP or something.

A difference of 10 entire Speed points was a difference of about 30, so a rounding issue won't cause a discrepancy of 100.

Probably not, but if you had a bunch of .55 that you round off to 1, seven times, it could make a noticable impact. Not 100, but maybe 5-10 overall. Holy crap I'm tired. I just re-added my BST and it's 541 not 535. Going to go change my vote in the other thread since it's easier to add 4 stats than remove 6.

Probably not, but if you had a bunch of .55 that you round off to 1, seven times, it could make a noticable impact. Not 100, but maybe 5-10 overall. Holy crap I'm tired. I just readded my BST and it's 541 not 535. Going to go change my vote in the other thread since it's easier to add 4 stats than remove 6.
I feel lonely now. I"m like the only person who voted for 535. I also agree with Dane, and should have my entire thought-out submission in tomorrow night. (By thought-out, I mean touchy-feely guesses except for Speed).

I was originally with you, until I realized I added wrong. =(

And I re-read what I typed when you quoted it, and it looked like I said a grammatically horrible past tense version of read with "readded". Had to fix that to show it was "re-added". >_>

...I think I'm just going to go to bed now.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I've been looking through the Art designs and some of them are so awesome. Here are some spreads I think would fit them:

Since 526+ looks like the odds-on favorite:

Elagune 2 (Oak Armored Lizard)

105/80/85/110/85/80 BST = 545.

I did some number crunching on this. 105/85/85 provides the highest possible overall durability assuming you Max HP EV's and leave the rest of the stats alone. It is not quite as good as Swampert's 100/90/90, but it comes close and beats Dusknoir's 45/135/135. It can also make 101HP Subs for those who really want it. I gave it as much attack as I could muster. Under our 30% Special rule I could not exceed 84 Base Atk. I really don't want to tweak it that much since now it's starting to look like a more physically bulky Magmortar, although both attacks are 15BST less and it has 3 less speed.

CyzirVishun's Tanuki:

80/70/85/125/90/95 = 545. The Tanuki didn't strike me as quite so bulky, but I saw it as having much better special proficiency and being loads faster. Tom Nook's angry girlfriend. Could still Swords Dance and Leaf Blade tho, I suppose.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
isnt 70% of 110 leaving you with a base stat of 77
Close enough. I divided 110 by 1.3. The number is slightly higher, and suits the purpose well enough. Otherwise on every specialized pokemon you'd have to pump SA up to 120 to even get up to 80, and that leaves little room for defenses or speed.

Oh so we are aloud a little leeway thank fuck, my spread really needs 80-85 attack but i can't justify 120 special attack either. The rule needs to be revised about maybe 20% like the defences.

May as well post what I've got so far.

85/82/80/117/93/78 - Total 535.

HP: 85 is a reasonable number. It falls well within the precedent left behind by most other Fire types, and gives solid durability when combined with both of our Pokemon's defenses. It's hard to really go into detail on how HP will be effective since it's completely reliant on Defense and Special Defense, so I'll delve into that in the respective sections of each stat.

Attack: 82 really isn't a perfect number for a straight physical sweeper, but it's not entirely unusable either. This Pokemon is meant to be more of a special attacker anyways, but given that Fire/Grass hits Super Effective on nearly every physical wall and the fact that our Pokemon will likely have access to several powerful physical options depending on design (Power Whip, Wood Hammer, and Flare Blitz are all potential moves, possibly boosting options like Swords Dance as well), 82 attack gives our Pokemon a fighting chance on the physical side.

Defense: 80. With a balanced defensive spread, 80 is a reasonable amount of defense to have. Combined with the HP, you barely survive a LO +2 Extremespeed from Adamant Lucario, which this can revenge kill should you be running max Speed as well. The resistances of Grass/Fire aren't frequently used on the physical side, so it's less of a priority.

Special Attack: 117. A bit lower than Heatran or Moltres, but still plenty strong. Against Bliss...Sunny Day, Modest Life Orb Fire Blast does roughly 44-51% to 148/0 Bliss. So, in other words, you can beat Bliss with a bit of effort (aka SR or some other residual damage, or using Specs instead of LO), but otherwise you won't be able to, even with the Sunny Day boost. Otherwise, though, it's got sufficient power to deal a lot of damage when you combine Fire Blast, <grass move>, and Hidden Power Ice/Ground.

Special Defense: 93. The more useful of this Pokemon's defensive stats, since both Grass and Electric attacks are almost always special. Our Pokemon does well against most Electric, Grass, or other neutral Special attacks - against a 4/0 form of this Pokemon, 0 Sp atk Zapdos's Thunderbolt does 21-25% damage and Celebi's HP Fire does 17-20%, so it'll have plenty of Pokemon to safely switch in against. It also fares decently against special Electivire variants, taking less than 50% damage from Flamethrower. Blissey can't really do much either beyond status (148 sp atk Ice Beam does 22-25%). It's nowhere near invulnerable, though - 0 sp atk Togekiss 2HKOs with Air Slash.

Speed: 78 speed isn't too fast - you're not going to be competing against the likes of Infernape anytime soon, but with 0 speed investment you do beat quite a few walls to the punch. Interestingly enough, with max speed and a +speed nature, it hits 280 - so this has the ability to revenge kill Adamant SD Lucario. It also puts our Pokemon slightly above Heatran. You still won't be winning a straight fight against it without a Ground type attack, but you can finish it off with some previous damage. Note that you're still slower than Togekiss with equal investment, which can counter some sets.

Regarding Chlorophyll, it's true that this Pokemon will be extremely fast in the sun should it receive this ability, but some investment still must be made to provide enough speed to beat any Scarfers. I already mentioned how this Pokemon fares against Blissey under Sunny Day - she's just barely avoiding a 2HKO, but there are several other Pokemon that can counter our Grass/Fire by way of resistances (like Moltres or potentially Gyarados) and launch a Super-Effective attack.

taunt stops blissey dead if this thing gets it, gyarados is 2hko by life orb grass knot and both the dragons(mence and dragonite) are 2hko by fire blast in sun. This thing might need to be toned down

Taunt doesn't seem like a good fit for this (no Grass Pokemon learns Taunt), but you're right about the Dragons. I'm much more hesitant on Chlorophyll now, it's a good fit type-wise but it's hard to avoid making it too powerful. Without Chloro I don't think it'd be too much of a problem - Bliss can stall out both Fire Blast's PP and the Sun, and it's slow enough that plenty of things are capable of switching in on resistances and revenge-killing it. Given that non-Chloro seems to be the way the consensus is heading, I don't see too much of a problem with the stats, though sp atk could probably be toned down slightly. I'll have to see how the current poll turns out, too.

Just want to note I like Aldaron's idea, but to say Revenankh isn't mixed but offensive while your proposal is defensive is a bit weird, considering it gets an attacking type just as good (maybe not neutral to everything, but it's SE against a lot more, especially walls) and you just gave it 106 SpA.

Lord Gloom: "We're throwing together the equivalent of a special Garchomp." (Poll 6) So? What's wrong with it? What does everybody has against powerful pokemon? Do they think, that other than their favourite powerful pokemon, there shouldn't be anymore? GROW UP, people. I say go for symmetry. 555. And I think the spread should roughly be: HP:85/Def:90/Atk:75/Sp.Atk:115/Sp.Def:85/Spd:105/ I think that's fair, and not overpowered. Anyone else think so?

Here is my thoughts of the base stats i feel this Pokemon should recieve. I will also add a little bit of extra things such as, signature moves and also abilites that may work.

HP-100
404 HP seems to fit this sort of tankish Pokemon perfectly. Can create 101 subs to go along with Leech Seeding. Also lets him tank generally well while probably trying to gain back HP from Stealth Rock Damage.
Attack-65
Base Stat of 65. I got this number from Gardevoir. I think this Base Stat is pretty reasonable for this style of Pokemon. The only physical attack it probably may use is Head Smash or Flare Blitz. Let's not forget that we chose this thing to be mainly special attacking.
Speed-78
This speed is very appropiate in my eyes for it isn't very fast, and also requires little EV investment to out speed certain threats so it may Sub first or Leech Seed first.
Defense-90
Solid Number for tanking, very solid number. Allows him to take nuetral hits very well, just ask Swampert. Probably can take Waterfall from Bulky Gyarados and other things with a simular ev spread to Swampert.
Special Defense- 90
Just as the much as the Defense. Probably can serve as a decent Heatran switch in or Jolteon counter. Can still survive Surf's from Starmie dependent on the EV spread.
Special Attack- 104
Now for the Special Attack i got this number from Infernape whose Special Attack always seemed so balanced and not broken. So i figured this could fit this Pokemon as well, and not leave it's STAB Special Attack moves in the atic some where and make them worth using.

Total Stat- 527

So with these sort of stats here are the abilities i have thought of that may fit the Pokemon. Here is the Pokemon image i am basing these things off.

Haha, great to see all this feedback on my designs. I realized that a lot of the sentiment amongst you guys was that the Woodman design, as you guys have named it, looks more like a physical wall than anything else and wanted flamethrowers on the arms.

Here is my offering.

Any thoughts?
~ Rock Head- With this Rock Type Body, wooden cannons on his arms and a wooden helmet on his head, it seems it may fit. Also will go well with Flare Blitz and Head Smash and possibly Power Whip, but Power Whip doesn't seem to fit this image. I think Rock Head is by far the best ability this guy can use. I also have moves in place that benefits from it.

~ Battle Armor- His whole body is basically filled with armor, it seems appropiate.

~ Drought- As much as this is a Uber ability, this guy looks so much like a Sun God of some sort.

~ Flash Fire- With fire burning around his wooden cannons it seems Flash Fire is fits this oh so nicely. Lets be real, wood on fire and not burning? Flash Fire seems it fits this nicely

Signature moves i feel this guy should have
Head Smash
Flare Blitz
Leaf Blade

I created this 2 movesets from the moveset pool i made for this Pokemon myself.
Moveset #1
Head Smash / Growth
Flamethrower
Energy Ball
Hidden Power [ Ice ]
~The idea behind this moveset is to sweep late game maybe after being passed an Agility or some sort of speed booster. Head Smash is mainly there for Gyarados, Zapdos and Togekiss, and also the infamous Charizard and Moltres. HP Ice is there for Dragons, while Flamethrower and Energy Ball is the for STAB
Moveset #2
Leech Seed
Substitute
Flare Blitz
Energy Ball / Protect
~Basic sub seeder. Flare Blitz is over Flamethrower so that you can crush Blissey, and not take recoil. ( Rock Head ) Energy Ball is so Rapid Spin Starmie doesn't beat you. Or you can use protect to recover more and also to scout from choice item Pokes.

So that is my base stat review and a little extra :pimp:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)