CAP 3 CAP 3 - Part 7 (Art Selection Poll)

Which art should we use for our Pokemon?

• Elagune

Votes: 115 46.0%
  • Cartoons!

Votes: 72 28.8%
  • DougJustDoug

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • KoA

Votes: 17 6.8%
  • CyzirVisheen

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • pyrrhocorax

Votes: 13 5.2%
  • Moft

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Hazmat

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Blu

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • Nopie

Votes: 5 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
TyranitarArmaldo

Even if your design was submitted I can assure you it would not have won. Everyone here can tell that Cartoons! and Elaquene are the only two that had a chance of winning this time as they apparently had the best design.

Look at the votes and you can easily see that it was between Cartoons! and Elaquene
I think that you forget that, as an artist, Tyranitar.Armaldo would want his art to at least be viewed in the topic. I think he could care less about it losing.

Anyways, I'm sure your art, Tyranitar, will have a place in the supposed "Gallery" of all the CAP designs.

EDIT: about cuteslims - Aldaron always called Lil Ant "cute" on the CAP Server.

beej

everybody walk the dinosaur
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I honestly like the original woodman somewhat better, but I still like the newer version a lot. Voted for Elagune.

Karrot, that is exactly what I wanted (you hit the nail on the head here). I know my art wouldnt win this as everyone was in love with Elagunes one, but I at least wanted too
A)just see how many votes mine would get after quite a few people said they liked it

B)just have it displayed here for any amount on time however short

Karrot, that is exactly what I wanted (you hit the nail on the head here). I know my art wouldnt win this as everyone was in love with Elagunes one, but I at least wanted too
A)just see how many votes mine would get after quite a few people said they liked it

B)just have it displayed here for any amount on time however short
So that is it you just want your ego boosted? And now you are crying that your ego is hurt that how your post coming across.As an artist myself understand you want work to be seen but GT already admit the mistake it should have been a bold poll and every piece art should have been allowed.You stated your case walk away with class.

side note-The bigger tragedy is elugane other art submission not making it ."Gentle giant" had fair shot at making noise and fit the concept well.This not about artist showing off their work if thats the case go make thread in smeragle studios,this about choosing the best concept for the fire /grass.

Also why have run off thread? The woodman has about 50% of the vote,If you add all the votes for the Deer and non woodsman votes the woodman still has a like 10 vote lead

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
Also why have run off thread? The woodman has about 50% of the vote,If you add all the votes for the Deer and non woodsman votes the woodman still has a like 10 vote lead
Actually, at this point, if you did that, the Woodman would lose.

49.54% of the votes are for woodman. The remainder of the votes would add up to 50.46%. =\

Actually, at this point, if you did that, the Woodman would lose.

49.54% of the votes are for woodman. The remainder of the votes would add up to 50.46%. =\
My bad ,Added the votes wrong but still my point is the same

107 woodman

110 everything else.

The likelihood of woodsman pick up more votes is stronger than the deer taking all the votes and another thread would be waste of time imo,but i am not the one in charge.

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
That's basically why I really like the idea of making the run-off thread a bolding poll. Using that method of polling already eliminates 70% of the "random bandwagon votes." =\

That's basically why I really like the idea of making the run-off thread a bolding poll. Using that method of polling already eliminates 70% of the "random bandwagon votes." =\
Probably not typing "Woodsman" or "Flaming Deer" is just as easy clicking in a box.Text polls create more discussion thats all.

I never understood how something can be a "bandwagon" vote. Would people really vote for something they didn't like just because they wanted to have voted on the winning submission? Not only that, but if no one specifically says what's winning, there's no way of telling what's winning without voting first.

And there can be votes on both sides of the spectrum in regards to "bandwagoning". Some might not vote for something because it's winning, and vice versa. I really don't see bandwagoning being earthshattering or anything.

If anything, the problem would be "ghost voters", who come in, vote on whatever, and leave. This is most troublesome with art, but even then it only adds about 50 or so votes, and there's no way of telling which way they're voting. Also, typing one word in bold isn't very difficult.

Either way, Bold voting is still better because it allows more than 10 voting choices.

I think that some of the people that voted for Woodman might opt for Cartoons!' in a second vote. At least for me, the more and more I see Woodman, the less I like it.

woodman ftw. Blast Burn would look so badass on it.Flames would immediately increase dangerously from it's back,and could be used as rockets to push Woodman across the field going at a godly speed,and he shoots 2 fire Hyper Beams....

I think that some of the people that voted for Woodman might opt for Cartoons!' in a second vote. At least for me, the more and more I see Woodman, the less I like it.
Any reasoning for that? Because the same can be said the other way as well.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
theres three issues with that. One is that blast burn plain sucks. Two is that only the 4 fire starter pokemon get that and at this point this isnt going to be part of a starter trio because its Fire/GRASS ie two types out of three. Finally, theres no animations on shoddy.

edit- this is @ sparkball

I guess you could simplify all the way to that, but Cartoons! hasn't fallen from grace at all. He still remains top, possibly because it's not so much as a "cool" design as it is something more deep. I feel Woodman is shallower a design.

Sorry, I don't mean to take away from you as an artist! I really liked the Gentle Giant you created. It seemed more of a new and interesting design. Also, I liked the original Woodman more, but still, the Deer and Gentle Giant hit a chord with my preferences.

I guess you could simplify all the way to that, but Cartoons! hasn't fallen from grace at all. He still remains top, possibly because it's not so much as a "cool" design as it is something more deep. I feel Woodman is shallower a design.

Sorry, I don't mean to take away from you as an artist! I really liked the Gentle Giant you created. It seemed more of a new and interesting design. Also, I liked the original Woodman more, but still, the Deer and Gentle Giant hit a chord with my preferences.
Of course, I don't mind. I also feel like I put more of myself in the Gentle Giant as well, and would've loved to see both GG and Woodman on here. But whatever happens has happened, and whatever will happen will happen.

Of course, I don't mind. I also feel like I put more of myself in the Gentle Giant as well, and would've loved to see both GG and Woodman on here. But whatever happens has happened, and whatever will happen will happen.
Cap is work in process,Lesson was learned in this process that art polls should be bold text polls so all art work has fair shot.Future polls will benefit from this.

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
Content removed; this is only here so people know who I am responding to!
Eh, I guess I didn't do a good job of explaining what I meant by "bandwagon vote" (actually, I didn't explain it at all). I was mostly talking about what you called "ghost voting," though.

Believe it or not, people will take the time to click buttons but will turn away if they have to post. I have no proof of this, but it mostly has something to do with the individual person's psyche. It is mostly the people who care who are going to bother bolding and posting, and those are the votes that really matter. The fact that text polls create discussion further proves the superiority of having to bold your answers instead of clicking choices.

And, no matter how you say or view it, those "50 or so" votes completely change the poll for the worse.

Now that that is settled:

If the Gentle Giant was in this poll, I would have definitely voted for it. I had to go with my secondary choice, however, which was the stag (which, evidently, does leave a much better lasting impression than the woodman). As I had tried to explain earlier, there is some sort of graceful and mystical feel to it when you look at it that seems to remain in your mind even after you stop viewing it.

I had to go with my secondary choice, however, which was the stag (which, evidently, does leave a much better lasting impression than the woodman). As I had tried to explain earlier, there is some sort of graceful and mystical feel to it when you look at it that seems to remain in your mind even after you stop viewing it.
You said it better than I could. That's how I feel.

Of course, yet most of the feelings that these pictures portray are done through the art style of the creator themselves. If you were to stare at a certain concept through Shoddy instead of simply seeing the artist's rendition, it could feel very different indeed.

Also, a couple of the reasons, I believe, that the Deer is very awe-inspiring and dramatic is due to the way that it was drawn; very realistically and large in image size. Many of the pictures, I believe, suffer due to their small sizes which lets the viewer miss out on many of the details put within.

So that is it you just want your ego boosted? And now you are crying that your ego is hurt that how your post coming across.As an artist myself understand you want work to be seen but GT already admit the mistake it should have been a bold poll and every piece art should have been allowed.You stated your case walk away with class.
Ego boosted? I just wanted to get my art in once, since i had been denied previously due to rules not been stated properly before. I dont recive "ego boosts" from seeing a high number on a screen.

side note-The bigger tragedy is elugane other art submission not making it ."Gentle giant" had fair shot at making noise and fit the concept well.This not about artist showing off their work if thats the case go make thread in smeragle studios,this about choosing the best concept for the fire /grass.
That dosent sound very fair. Why should one person get more art through than anybody else?

Eh, I guess I didn't do a good job of explaining what I meant by "bandwagon vote" (actually, I didn't explain it at all). I was mostly talking about what you called "ghost voting," though.

Believe it or not, people will take the time to click buttons but will turn away if they have to post. I have no proof of this, but it mostly has something to do with the individual person's psyche. It is mostly the people who care who are going to bother bolding and posting, and those are the votes that really matter. The fact that text polls create discussion further proves the superiority of having to bold your answers instead of clicking choices.

And, no matter how you say or view it, those "50 or so" votes completely change the poll for the worse.
Interesting theory i don't fully agree with it but likelihood of people paying more attention for text poll and they will be more knowledgeable is stronger due fact because you at least have read the instruction how to vote or follow the pattern of the other voter.

As for the Flaming deer it is stunning piece of work in style that it is drawn i don't think the transition to sprite will give the same stunning piece of work.I don't want to bash it but to me it is just green deer with flaming antlers.

Woodsman has the look of fan favorite pokemon.It has the look of those pokemon that Nintendo pushes for its movie like absol,Lucario,Mewtwo or Latias.Woodsman has the feel to me of one those poke that get a huge fan base.Woodsman is so cool looking i predict people gaining interest in the cap project just because how this poke looks.Basically if woodsman wins it is our charizard.

I will be happy with either but i see woodsman as a signature pokemon.

sidenote-A strike against Woodsman it will be a noob magnet,It will draw the same people who like to put 6 most powerful pokes on their team or person who puts blaziken,inferape,charizard on their team because they look cool.

That dosent sound very fair. Why should one person get more art through than anybody else?
We are looking for the best submission,I don't care if the best submissions came from the same person.It more unfair us that hazmat or doug( i am not bash their work) stuff got through because already in this thread three people said they would have choosen the "Gentle giant".

This is not an art showcase,We want the best choice win.Check your ego at door in this process if a person has 10 different pics that all better than everyone else.I don't want worse pic making in over the better choice just because you entered it.

Until we find to add story and other concept elements better art will win over solid concepts with decent art.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)