CAP 30 - Part 12 - Prevo # Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I vote for one. I'm interested in seeing what a prevo would look like. Also, single stage non-legendary Pokémon with high BST are rare; I only found three (Lapras, Duraludon, and Wishiwashi-School) with a BST above 520, and only one (Wishiwashi-School) with a BST above 535.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
One. All of the inanimate objectmons that people point to that have no prevos, are all also like sub 500 in BST. This Pokémon seems strong enough to warrant having an evolutionary line, ala Equilibra. I say one at the minimum.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
I'm going to go with None here. Unsee's design just really doesn't come across as something that should be getting a pre-evolution, especially considering the fact that it has two different forms. CAP LC also already has a very good Poison/Flying type in Breezi, so it's not like we would be depriving them of a potentially good mon if we choose not to go with a pre-evolution either.

Going for one for two reasons
first, cap lc is a thing, and fueling two metagames with one cap is a time saver.

Second, it just kinda looks like a one stage evolution to me, kinda along where drifblim or honchkrow is for the design.

Unpopular opinion but I'm going to say two. This design gives me major Aegislash vibes (a Pokemon based on an inanimate object that can change forms) and since Aegislash has two prevos it would work for CAP 30 to also have two prevos.

I wrote a post earlier about the different form change Pokemon. I would also like to add on to my prior no prevos by talking about its scale. Its a book. A lot of the other Pokemon that I am seeing pop up such as Aegislash, Drifblim, or Darmanitan are fairly large or complex, whereas this Pokemon fits the mold of smaller mons like Comfey, Mimikyu or Spiritomb. To me, it actually looks closer to some unevolved Pokemon as well, such as Sandygast than their larger evolutions in Palossand.

As for BST arguments... This is CAP. Our BST is naturally higher overall, so these types of Pokemon should be compared among their peers rather than to Lapras or Darmanitan.

Revenankh525
Mollux535
Crucibelle540
Pajantom551
Chromera (Legendary)600
Cap 30540

It has a reasonable BST, matching Crucibelle, just 5 above Mollux and 11 below Pajantom. Outside of the outlier Chromera, it is pretty close to the average. I'm not going to list every 1 prevo CAP, but the few that are noteable among the 18 of them are:
- Malaconda has the lowest 500 BST
- Kitsunoh has the low 513
- Cawmodore is at 530
- Tomohawk has a nearby 535
- Necturna and post-nerf Equilabra are slightly above at 547

All of the other 13 CAPs with 1 prevo are 555 BST or higher. Ironically, the 3 stage lines are closer, where we have only 4 that are not Starters or Pseudo Legendaries.

- Stratagem has 535, same as the starters
- Pyroak is at 540, same as us
- Cyclohm is just above at 548 BST
- Naviathan is at 560, the highest of the normal Pokemon
- Aurumoth is a Pseudo-Legendary exception like Chromera

Based on CAPs BST standards, any BST argument would say we should have None or Two. And based on the book's complexity, I just want to repeat that my vote is for No Prevo.

MrDollSteak

CAP 1v1 me IRL
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Thank you to everyone for the great discussions so far. As a result of the arguments made here and two clear front runners in terms of consensus we will be going ahead to poll with the options None and One only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)