CAP 30 - Part 14 - Item Name Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
WIP

Noxious Ink

Yet another name that ends with "Ink", I know, but it's easy to imagine CAP 30 inhaling mind- and form-altering fumes from the ink with a name like that. Besides, isn't poison noxious? (And maybe both words having N and K sounds might add to the appeal.)

MrDollSteak

CAP 1v1 me IRL
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Modpost: Final submissions for names are now open. Make sure that your name submission follows the template in the opening post exactly to avoid disqualification!

You have just over 48 hours to make your final submissions, after which point we will close this thread and start name polls.

MrDollSteak

CAP 1v1 me IRL
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Final Submission

Cloudy Bottle

I liked the idea of evoking Hoopa's Prison Bottle in the name. I went with the adjective Cloudy because I think it suitably fits both the murky Poisonous quality of the ink, while also making one think about CAP 30s Flying type component.

Zetalz

Expect nothing, deliver less
is a Pre-Contributor
Final Submission

Mystery Ink

I'll admit this isn't terribly inspired, I kinda just happened upon it while looking for punny things to call it lol. It is a not-so-subtle reference to Mystery Inc. of Scooby Doo, which has all kinds of occult things going on that ties into the overall themes the book has going on.

Final Submission

Baneful Ink

Baneful means harmful and destructive, but my main reason for choosing baneful specifically is that the word bane has a second, albeit archaic, meaning of "something, typically poison, that causes death."

Final Submission

Indelible Vial

A cursed vial that never runs out. The hazardous substance inside reportedly distorts and corrupts all it touchs.

Final Submission

Insidious Ink

For form-changing items, Pokémon has recently been going a bit more nondescript (i.e. Prison Bottle, Rusted Sword, Rusted Shield) so I figured I’d go for something a little similar but with some ~spice~. I also like alliteration so, ya know.

Final Submission

Corrupt Vial

It's a vial that's corrupt with... something? But that ink aint normal that's all I know.

Final Submission

Revolting Ink

Revolting Ink comes from how revolting can refer to something that disgusting, like poison, and revolting can also mean a rebellion, which someone with a pen can have the power to start and can prove to be a lethal poison to a governing body.

Final Submission

Noxious Ink

Yet another name that ends with "Ink", I know, but it's easy to imagine CAP 30 inhaling mind- and form-altering fumes from the ink with a name like that. Besides, isn't poison noxious? (And maybe both words having N and K sounds might add to the appeal.)

Final Submission

Eldritch Ink

The idea is that the ink is like some sort of cthulul-like thing currupting a book-mon. It's some old evil ink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)