CAP 30 - TL Applications (Framework)

Status
Not open for further replies.

snake

is a Community Leaderis a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
It's time for CAP 30! There are two major changes in place for this CAP.

First, this thread is only for Topic Leader applications. Section Leader applications will occur in a separate thread after the Framework poll ends.

Second, CAP 30 will operate off of a framework. Read this post to understand how this project will differ from typical CAP Projects.

--

This is the thread for people to announce their desire to become either the Topic Leader (TL) for this creation project. Do not suggest other users. If someone wants to become the TL, they will post on their own, and if they don't have a strong urge to be it then they shouldn't be signing up anyway. The CAP project requires the utmost dedication and a substantial amount of free time, especially to lead, meaning that only those who have carefully considered the magnitude of their application will apply at all. If you are not prepared to fulfill all of the responsibilities to the very end, then do not throw your hat into the ring.

Before applying, it is important to read and understand the following posts:
Topic Leadership
CAP 5 - Policy Review Summary
Either-Or Leadership Applications

The Topic Leadership Team is made up of the following five positions to lead the creation of this new Pokemon (for CAP 30 specifically, the framework could reduce the number of Section Leaders). This thread is only for Topic Leader applications. Section Leader applications will be accepted in a later thread.
  • Topic Leader: In the public's eyes, this is the leader of the project. Overall, the goal of the TL is "quality control", not "project control". The responsibilities of the TL include running Concept Assessment, Threats Discussion, and finalizing the slates of Section Leaders. For CAP 30 specifically, the TL will also slate frameworks.
  • Section Leaders: The Section Leaders will be leading the four major competitive aspects of creating a Pokemon. They will make slates for their respective threads and provide meaningful discussion points to their specific area. Note that TLT members are allowed to make submissions during stages of the CAP process that they are not actively leading. We are looking to fill the following four positions (for CAP 30 specifically, the framework could reduce the number of Section Leaders):
    • Typing Leader
    • Ability Leader
    • Stats Leader
    • Movepool Leader
When making your application, please indicate which position(s) you are applying for. You must identify that you're applying for TL. Topic leaders should have the following qualifications:
  • Deep knowledge of the game of Pokemon
  • Familiarity with competitive Pokemon concepts, strategy and philosophy, as practiced within Smogon
  • Willing to voice opinions and lead others
  • Open-minded to new ideas
  • Creative, "outside-of-the-box" thinker
  • Good writing skills
  • Level-headed when resolving disputes
  • Liked and respected by the CAP community
Once this CAP starts, the Topic Leader (and Section Leaders) will be the most important, most visible members of the CAP community, and they are expected to be a strong guiding force throughout the creation process. If you are selected for any of these positions, you will have a great deal of power to influence the project. But you also have a responsibility to stay on top of things. You will have forum moderators to help you, but you need to be regularly active on the project until it is complete. All potential candidates should look through both the Topic Leadership Guide and the CAP Process Archive, to get an idea of what will be expected of you, if you are selected to be the Topic Leader.

This thread is strictly for candidacy posts and posts supporting those candidates. Please stay on topic. Below are the guidelines for posting in this thread:
  • Candidates will benefit from highlighting their active involvement throughout the duration of a recent CAP project. Involvement in multiple CAP projects is strongly preferred.
  • Do not suggest other people. If you want you encourage someone else to run, then send them a PM or talk to them on the PS! CAP chatroom or the CAP Discord channel.
  • If you are new to the CAP project, do not sign up in this thread. Instead, spend a project or two lurking, learning, and participating first.
  • Include a summary of your involvement in the CAP project.
  • Make a pitch for why you should be selected. If you can't present and defend yourself, then you can't expect to lead a project whose primary function is discussion and debate. Convince us that you are a good choice.
  • Even if you don't think you are better qualified than certain other candidates, you still should consider posting your application. Candidates not selected as TL this project will be on the watchlist for next time around. Don't post your name if you don't intend to be active in the project, even if you are not selected, since people will be scrutinizing your involvement more closely.
  • Feel free to post support for any candidates already named.
  • Do not post disparaging remarks about any candidates.
If these rules are not followed, the offending user will be subject to moderation.

----

This thread will be open for 72 hours unless we're notified that we need to provide more time.

LucarioOfLegends

Master Procraster
is a CAP Contributor
Hey all, I'm LucarioOfLegends and I'll be applying for TL of the CAP30 Project.

I've been around here on the forums since the end of the Kerfluffle process, and have been contributing to the community ever since. I am a driver on CAP's Pokemon Showdown room, but I am most active on our Discord server.

I do have experience in the CAP Process itself, as I have served on TLT multiple times before. More specifically I have served as Ability Leader for Pajantom and Moves Leader for both Astrolotl and Miasmaw. I do also have some experience in a leading position through hosting CAPPL6 to mixed results.

I understand that leading a process as TL would be undertaking like none I've faced before, let alone the additional challenges of a framework process. However, I think I am finally ready challenge. I hope you all consider my application, and let me assist the community in making CAP30 the best it can be.

MrDollSteak

CAP 1v1 me IRL
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hello everyone, MrDollSteak here. I've been umming and ahing a bit on this, but I thought I would try out for TL. This would be my first time doing so, and I can't think of a better than for CAP30 as a framework.

A bit about me, I'm one of the flavour mods for the CAP Metagame having been appointed fairly recently. I've previously been on the TLT for CAP 28's process as the stats TL. I've been quite active in the PRC in regards to trying to get new developments in to the usual CAP process, as well as worked on trying to streamline processes and make them more intuitive such as with my assistance in tweaking the BSR calculations in this thread here, as well as arguing in favour of Frameworks and separating the TL and TLT applications. I also try my best to provide constructive comments towards other users across various stages of the CAP process, particularly in Concept Submissions for CAP 28 and 29.

To provide an overview of my specific project experiences; I have been lurking in CAP processes since the end of Gen IV, becoming an active contributor for some of the flavour stages for the CAP 25 starter project, where I submitted the winning sprite for Snaelstrom. I continued my involvement by engaging in the name and movepool stages, and later on into the prevo process where I would go on to submitting the winning sprites for Fawnifer and Electrelk, as well as the names Swirlpool and Coribalis themselves. Through discussion with Quanyails I helped to establish some of the parameters for a separate Shiny stage, and went on to submit the winning shinies for Fawnifer, Electrelk, Swirlpool and Coribalis. Further flavour milestones were submitting the winning name Equilibra, as well as the winning sprites for Astrolotl and Nohface. I have also worked on providing model textures for Equilibra, Volkraken, Arghonaut and offered QC on others such as Necturna and Kitsunoh. Starting from CAP 26's process I would also become increasingly active in the competitive stages as well, submitting a slated Stat Spread for Equilibra, the winning spread for Astrolotl and its prevolution Solotl, Nohface, various movesets and have also engaged in a range of discussion across other stages. For Astrolotl, my involvement was instrumental in securing the move 'Wish' as I submitted replays that demonstrated it would not lead Astrolotl to become too passive. Most recently I provided the winning spread for Chromera's stats by a thin margin.

Overall I've had a blast with my experiences in CAP so far, and I'm particularly excited to work on another framework, considering that I became an active contributor during the last one. I'm very excited to see what this project will bring, whether or not I am chosen to lead it! Thank you everyone for the consideration! Here's to a good celebration.

Last edited:

Wulfanator

Clefable's wish came true!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
Applying for TL.

I have been actively contributing to CAP since February 2018 with Jumbao’s typing. Before that, I have lurked since CAP 21: Curcibelle.

When it comes to leadership experience in CAP, I previously SLed for Astrolotl’s typing during CAP 27. This experience gave me insight regarding the expectations of TL as well as how the TLT functions as a whole. I am particularly fond of Jho’s approach to that project and would intend to lead in a similar manner. Now, I am captain of the Thundering Caribolts for CAPPL VII. It has been a relatively smooth experience, especially with great managing support from Spoo and Quziel.

I have been actively following the metagame since the Equalibra playtest. I consider this the point I started understanding CAP with greater competence and getting involved with CAP tournaments. I have played in multiple solo tournaments and 3 team tours since then. Snake Draft is my most successful performance having gone 3-1 and guaranteeing the win for our team after a phenomenal run from Stresh. As for solo performances, I reached semifinals during the Equalibra playtest.

During projects, I spend most of my time interacting with other users in the CAP discord. Live feedback has always been a valuable asset for our project. Whether it be voice or text chat, these conversations allow me to try and understand varying perspectives or provide me with more information to make me a stronger player/contributor. Given the less-defined structure of a framework project, this should make me more receptive to whichever framework is selected.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)