Move 2: Heat Crash / Bitter Blade
Move 3: Knock Off
Move 4: Swords Dance / Soft Boiled
Ability: Pixilate
Item: Heavy-Duty Boots
Nature: Admant / Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Tera Type: Fairy
  • Adamant can be used for more power, but Jolly is needed for Jolly Kingambit.
  • Espeed is obvious, Heat Crash or Bitter Blade works if you want to sacrafice l
  • Knock means we don't fear Dirge and eases the MU vs Venomicon, as well as crippling AV Pex.
  • 4th Move can be many things. SD allows for us to breakwalls and clean up endgame easier. Soft Boiled can be substituted for any 50% Recovery, I just like the name Soft Boiled the most. Morning Sun would also work if you have a Jumbao on your team.
  • Swords Dance could run Heat Crash OR Bitter Blade, but for Softboiled sets I'd recommend Heat Crash since you won't get to boost and you already have longevity.
  • An alternative spread of 156 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Spe with an Adamant nature gives more bulk in exchange for only outspeeding Corviknight and slower. special

Name: Specially Defensive
Move 1: Boomburst
Move 2: Flamethrower / Parting Shot
Move 4: Soft Boiled
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 HP / 112 SpD / 144 Spe

• Boomburst is Boomburst.
  • Flamethrower is secondary STAB, but Boomburst is powerful enough for it to be on its own, so Parting Shot is an option over it.
  • Knock Off is to cripple switchins such as Venom, Dirge, and Pex, as stated before.
  • Softboiled recoveries
  • The reason I chose specially defensive over physically defensive with Intimidate is because we have a better matchup vs. the special attackers of this tier. We can use our bulk to check stuff like specs/booster valiant, jumbao, and hydreigon. While more niche, I believe this set has potential.

Zetalz

Expect nothing, deliver less
is a Pre-Contributor
Moveset Submission

Name: Goblin Mode
Move 1: Torch Song
Move 2: Draining Kiss / Boomburst
Move 3: Boomburst / Volt Switch
Move 4: Extreme Speed / Knock Off / Rapid Spin / Volt Switch
Ability: Pixilate / Intimidate
Item: Assault Vest
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 104 SpA

As per CAP tradition, I present to you; the jank AV set. AKA flea market Skeledirge

This set takes advantage of 32's natural resistances and bulk to switch into common Special Attackers in the tier and start accumulating boosts with Torch Song. Because of the less passive nature of Torch Song, heavy bulk investment is possible to shore up switch-in opportunities. After a Torch Song boost or 2 Boomburst begins to hit very hard, and with Draining Kiss you can attempt to muscle some fatter mons down. Volt Switch sounds counter-intuitive on a set focused on boosting but it's an okay option to keep momentum if you need it, though you'd rather run both Boom and DK. Last slot is basically just filler for whatever floats your boat. Espeed is the ever present consideration the opp needs to respect somewhat (which they might not when they see you're Special), Knock and Spins utility are self-explanatory. EVs aren't anything super optimized, I just picked numbers that let 32 more easily deal with annoying physical mons like SD Valiant since it's SpDef is covered pretty well with AV, and jammed the rest into SpA.

Moveset Submission

Name: Calm Mind Sweeper
Move 1: Calm Mind
Move 2: Boomburst
Move 3: Fire Blast
Move 4: Thunderbolt / Psyshock / Strength Sap
EVs: 252 HP / 56 SpA / 200 SpD
Nature: Calm

This one is kind of self-explanatory - a bulkier special sweeper set. Haven't seen many sets that take advantage of Electric and Psychic coverage being allowed, so this one has both as option depending on whether it wants to hit Toxapex/Slowking or Iron Moth for more damage. The EV spread here specifically guarantees a 2HKO on Toxapex with Thunderbolt and an OHKO on Iron Moth with Psyshock at +2. Strength Sap is also an option for extra recovery. Tera Type here would most likely be Fairy.

+2 56 SpA Sylveon Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 64 SpD Toxapex: 192-226 (63.1 - 74.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 56 SpA Pixilate Sylveon Boomburst vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Slowking: 255-301 (64.8 - 76.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 56 SpA Sylveon Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 124 Def Iron Moth: 306-360 (101.6 - 119.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Name: Choice Band Wallbreaker
Move 1: Extreme Speed
Move 2: Fire Lash / Bitter Blade / Flare Blitz
Move 3: Zen Headbutt / Wild Charge
Move 4: U-turn / Explosion
Item: Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Nature: Adamant

And on the opposite end of the spectrum we have this - an absolute nuke of a set meant to spam CB Pixilate ESpeeds to its heart's content. Once again, the choice of coverage here is flexible - Zen Headbutt means more longevity, but Wild Charge is more likely to 2HKO Toxapex. Again, depends on whether you'd rather hit Slowking or Iron Moth. Fire STAB here is also flexible - I think Fire Lash would work the best here due to the constant defense drops, but Bitter Blade is an option for longevity, and Flare Blitz provides a straight-up killing option. U-turn gives this set some pivotability, but CB Pixilate Explosion is just a really funny option, and like Flare Blitz, is good if you just straight up wanna nuke shit.

Last edited:

quziel

I am the Scientist now
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Breaker (Special)

Boomburst
Fire Blast
Volt Switch
Extreme Speed / Spikes / Thunder

Choice Specs

Don't really care enough to provide evs; expect fully offensive frail evs here. This is a very self-explanatory set. You click very high BP moves, and everything except for bulky resists gets 2hko'd once you tera fairy. Volt Switch lets you punish opposing Toxapex and Venomicon pretty well, as they will take more htan they're recovering if you pivot to the right teammate. Last slot truly does not matter, but Espeed is a nice option to give revenging capability if necessary. Beyond that it doesn't matter that much. Spikes is probably useful given pex is a check, and Thunder is theoretically strong into poison resists.

Last edited:

memesketch

won't look back, i must shine
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Moveset Submission

Name: Bulky Espeed
Move 2: Fire Lash / Will-O-Wisp
Move 4: Morning Sun
Nature: Impish
Tera Type: Fairy / Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Atk / 132 Def

• This set puts a different spin on physically defensive CAP 32 without Intimidate, combining the defensive capabilities of 32's bulk and typing with the ability to proactively check dangerous offensive threats such as Iron Valiant, Baxcalibur, Dragapult, Roaring Moon, and Colossoil with Extreme Speed.
  • Fire Lash hits Steels such as Equilibra and Gholdengo and can weaken offensive switchins into Espeed range.
  • Will-O-Wisp improves the matchup against bulky Kingambit and annoys switchins such as Toxapex and Venomicon.
  • Knock Off forces progress against item-reliant switchins such as Venomicon, Volcarona, Skeledirge, and Rotom-W.
  • Morning Sun gives us reliable recovery that has the potential to be further boosted by switching into Jumbao.
  • 124 Attack EVs let us 2HKO offensive Dragonite through Multiscale and offensive Great Tusk after Spikes, as well as giving us a good chance to OHKO Dragapult after Stealth Rock. Spread could definitely be tweaked if Speed investment or more bulk is needed. Worth noting that max HP is mostly sufficient for our special walling duties; neither Jumbao nor Iron Valiant can 2HKO us with Specs.
  • Tera Fairy strengthens Extreme Speed, notably OHKOing Iron Valiant, while Tera Flying lets us skirt Earthquake from Great Tusk and Baxcalibur.

Moveset Submission

Name: Bulky Quiver Dance
Move 1: Quiver Dance
Move 3: Morning Sun
Move 4: Toxic
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Nature: Bold
Tera Type: Flying

This is the only way I see special being viable. When you are hard walled by Skeledirge and suffer competition from Volcarona you just aren't viable though, hence Toxic. But Toxic still isn't broken because we are still beaten by Iron Moth and Toxapex. Strength Sap gives us a 16 PP recovery move, unlike Volcarona's 8 PP Morning Sun, and has great synergy with Quiver Dance. nvm it's Morning Sun now. EVs go into physical bulk since we are boosting everything else. Tera Flying is for Great Tusk.

Last edited:
Moveset Submission

Name: Offensive Bulk Up
Move 1: Bulk Up
Move 2: Bitter Blade
Move 3: Extreme Speed
Move 4: Knock Off / Thunder Punch / Morning Sun / Strength Sap / Taunt / Substitute
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Atk / 64 Spe or 136 HP / 252 Atk / 120 Spe
  • Bulk Up gives Hemo an avenue through which it can makes itself stronger and bulkier at the same time, letting it more easily take on threats like Bax, Moon, non-CB Tusk, Kingambit, and Libra. At+1, Hemo can live SE Ground moves from Tusk, Moon, Bax, Chomp, and Ting-Lu and boast strong odds to OHKO Libra, Ting-Lu, offensive Tusk, and Kingambit as well. It's also worth noting that it also naturally resists Meow's Flower Trick, which would otherwise bypass its boosts, so that's pretty cool I guess.
  • Bitter Blade has already shown itself to work fantastically with Bulk Up in the form of Ceruledge, and I don't see why it wouldn't work similarly here. BB provides Hemo with a strong STAB move that lets it recover HP, not only giving it more staying power, but also letting it free up a fourth moveslot for coverage or other status moves.
  • Espeed needs no introduction. Having a 96BP STAB priority move at our disposal is easily one of the best things that any Pokemon can have. Espeed works incredibly with BU for similar reasons as BB, compressing the role of strong Fairy STAB move and a means of offsetting Hemo's dismal Speed tier in one moveslot.
  • This set has a shitton of freedom in the fourth moveslot to mess with many of its C&Cs.
    • Knock Off lets it remove Boots from Dirge and Venom will also chunking the former quite nicely, as well as Lefties from Bozo and Garg, Lefties or AV from Pex, and even Toxic Orb from the occasional non-activated Snael.
    • Thunder Punch lets us slam Venom and Pex, for super-effective damage, and is marginally stronger than ESpeed into Snael and Dozo for what it's worth.
    • Morning Sun and Strength Sap provide optional alternative healing to BB, with Morning Sun letting Hemo take advantage of Bao and Moon on Sun and Sap extenuating its physical bulk even more and letting it easily acquire BUs on Bax, Moon, and physical Val.
    • Taunt lets Hemo shut down status moves from 'Mons like Argh, Dirge, and Venom, keeping them from healing off its attacks and keeping them at low health to be taken advantage of later. Also notably prevents phazing from Ting-Lu, though he'd probably rather EQ you then anything else.
    • Substitute is almost solely for circumventing Salt Cure from Garg, similarly to how Dirge uses it, but it also makes Hemo a lot more difficult to revenge kill with the likes of Kril and Stratagem, forcing them to eat two ESpeeds if they want a chance at removing it.
  • Stats are pretty self-explanatory; max Attack to hit as hard as possible, and as much HP as you can pump in while still creeping Libra. The alternative spread with 120 Speed should only be used alongside Taunt to prevent him from Slacking Off.

quziel

I am the Scientist now
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Few thoughts.

Morning sun is probably our best recovery option. Our typing makes it very easy for us to switch into just about any Jumbao set, especially tera-fire drought sets, and having boosted recovery due to sun is a legitimately very good benefit for us. This benefits both facing Jumbao, being paired with Jumbao, and while Morning Sun used to have a large PP cost compared to Recover, that's no longer true. While there are some downsides if you face Rain / Sand / Hail, those aren't really any common atm.

I question the necessity of Bitter Blade and Heat Crash. We didn't include them during the stat spread voting as defining moves, and I sorta wonder how necessary either are. I can see a use case for Bitter Blade if we give Bulk Up, but Heat Crash seems relatively unnecessary. Fire Lash seems quite legit on us, esp if we give Knock Off as well, as that lets us relatively easily bypass Skeledirge, which is a huge plus, as while we do want to have answers, we also want to be able to sorta damage our answers. We're ultimately a fairly slow mon with mid bulk.

With regards to special sets, I'm not fully convinced that we need setup. I believe that specs sets are likely to be the stronger ones on that side, and benefit far more from limited coverage options, eg Volt Switch, Earth Power, Thunder, than Calm Mind or Quiver Dance. I feel its probably more straightforward to focus special sets on raw initial power supported by utility (Knock Off really), than complicating our design with special setup.

I am a huge fan of basically any physical setup. Bulk Up seems relatively popular so far, and barring Tidy Up is probably the only +1 attack option that is actually good, so makes sense to give. I'm a bit worried about giving +2 setup, aka Swords Dance, but I think there's a solid case for revisiting that question post home, rather than deciding it now. Growth is also a super neat option that does give some special setup options, while also giving a conditional +2 attack when paired with Jumbao, which is really easy given the natural typing synergy.

Edit:
I think Knock Off is by far our best "coverage" option for any physical set, and really outclasses everything else. SE damage on Dirge, item disruption, and preparing for an endgame clean is just so much power in one slot.

Last edited:

shnowshner

You've Gotta Try
is a Pre-Contributor
Yo, I've been hella busy/fatigued lately and have not kept up as much as I would have liked, but also would want additional commentary on submitted movesets: what do people like so far, and what moves seem most valuable for us. It would help me wrap things up a lot sooner as I don't have a lot of freetime until Sunday rolls around.

Big fan of this set. Fire Lash offers nice moveset compression, allowing us to fit both Knock Off and recovery while breaking things like Skeledirge, and it has the defense to do things like tank a +1 Baxcalibur Earthquake.

Moveset Submission

Name: Physically Defensive
Move 1: Moonblast
Move 2: Strength Sap
Move 3: Parting Shot
Move 4: Will-o-Wisp / Nuzzle / Spikes / Lava Plume / Knock Off
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Nature: Bold
This is the Intimidate set, to whatever extent it is viable. I think you probably run Plume over Wisp, and the recovery move is interchangeable.

Breaker (Special)

Boomburst
Fire Blast
Volt Switch

Choice Specs
This is pretty solid. Kind of tera reliant but it's a good breaker.

I'm not a fan of special setup beyond maybe Calm Mind (and Growth). I don't love Torch Song.

Physical boosting sets with Bitter Blade seem the most appealing to me. I think we really value the compression that Bitter Blade offers, so that Fire STAB and healing don't take up separate slots allowing us to use those slots on something to hit Skeledirge with. This is also why I'm against Torch Song, we can only have one Fire signature and Bitter Blade is too good to pass up, not to mention physical being preferred to special. I also don't think any physical coverage outside of Knock Off is really necessary, such as Volt Tackle, Zen Headbutt or Thunder Punch. Since we are strapped for moves I'm not sure if we would even run them.

snake

is a Community Leaderis a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
Move 4: Knock Off / Thunder Punch / Morning Sun / Strength Sap / Taunt / Substitute
Definitely the best set for CAP32. The basis of Bulk Up, Bitter Blade, and Extreme Speed will enable CAP32 to be a really good sweeper - we can't pass up on these three moves. I'm not sure if we want to keep giving CAP32 all of the cool Fire-type moves, but Morning Sun and Strength Sap would pair very nicely alongside Fire Lash since Fire Lash beats Skeledirge. It might be worth considering separating those into two movesets to analyze them further. I also think that Double-Edge would fit ok in the last slot, but we might be too slow for it.

Moveset Submission

Name: Fiery Dance
Move 1: Fiery Dance
Move 3: Knock Off / Thunderbolt / Psyshock
Move 4: Strength Sap / Morning Sun
Nature: Modest
Tera Type: Fairy / some defensive tera
EVs: 192 HP / 252 SpA / 64 Spe (or a bulkier spread)

Choosing Bitter Blade as our signature move means that we can't also have Torch Song. However, we have "Torch Song at home," aka Fiery Dance, which is no longer signature move this generation. Fiery Dance is similar to Bitter Blade due to its moveslot compression. While it's not the same as Calm Mind, you have two free moveslots to run Knock Off or coverage alongside recovery, making this special Hemogoblin particularly annoying to face. I'm less enthusiastic about this set as I am about the Extreme Speed set, but this Fiery Dance set and quz's Choice Specs set are the two special sets I like.

Also, Explosion is good. Let the mon explode.

Moveset Submission

Name: Sun Physical Offense
Move 1: Bitter Blade / Flare Blitz
Move 2: Extreme Speed / Double-Edge
Move 4: Growth
Evs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD

The foundation for this set is Growth. So this set is simple, be under sun, use Growth, profit. +2 to Hemo's offenses makes it a monster that can hit many targets for incredibly high damage with the caveat being pathetically slow speed almost ensuring Hemo is going to need to take hits, not even accounting for how Hemo will be hit while trying to set up, luckily Bitter Blade is there to provide sun boosted recovery, Extreme Speed is priority and Knock Off deals with Skeledirge and other walls that could stop Hemo in it's tracks. Boot help with potential entry hazards that could be set up while sun is being set, though there could definitely be other useable options, as for the EVs, as I mentioned previously Hemo is going to need to take hits, max HP helps with this while max Attack is just for damage. This took way to long to type up.

Last edited:
Personally, I’m pretty open on the recovery. Between Moonlight or Recover/Slack Off, but I’m not crazy fond of Strength Sap because it’s not the most reliable.

In terms of attacking moves, I really like the idea of Fiery Dance. Making it by chance as opposed to guaranteed makes it a bit more balanced imo. The same is true for Fire Lash on the physical side, I like that as an option as well. I wouldn’t be quick to fall off of Heat Crash though. We’ve seen defensive Celesteela in Gen 7 use it with an arguably higher base attack stat and the heaviest weight imaginable, I personally don’t see it remotely as an issue on a heavy CAP 32.

Other than that, I’ve liked the Bulk Up sets as opposed to Swords Dance, and I’ve liked the other Intimidate sets as well.

shnowshner

You've Gotta Try
is a Pre-Contributor
Initial batch of approvals coming this way: I'm busy with work right now and also very tired when I'm not working, so expect these updates to be rather slow. All approvals/bans can be found here. This group includes the most basic sets submitted, expect more to be added soon

+Sets Added:
Breaker (Special)

Boomburst
Fire Blast
Volt Switch

Choice Specs
  • This one I'm going to manually edit given the parameters quziel outlined, since it doesn't follow the sub format.
[/QUOTE]
+Updated Approved Moves: Extreme Speed, Fire Lash, Will-O-Wisp, Knock Off, Morning Sun, Boomburst, Fire Blast, Volt Switch, Spikes, Thunder
+Updated Pending Moves: Bitter Blade, Fiery Dance, Strength Sap
+Made plans to edit OP sometime within next 24 hours
+Brambane added to blacklist

Last edited:
Can we get some love for Trick Room support?

Heartboy’s bulk is decent enough, it’s defensive typing is complementary to other TR setters, and its low speed lends itself very well for the playstyle.

Boomburst is great for special attacking, as it circumvents Substitute, a common TR counterplay, and ESpeed is handy priority outside TR, while Explosion is also great for momentum grabbing on Suicide leads.

V-Create is a powerful Fire STAB that I haven’t seen discussed yet which also synergies well in TR by lowering our speed, not unlike TR Victini. Nevermind, V-Create is apparently not in Gen 9 currently. Flare Blitz it is!

Magic Coat is handy for Taunt and snarky anti-hazard plays. Healing Wish is good for getting in another breaker and healing them up, and various pivot moves maintain momentum.

Moveset submission

Name: Physical Trick Room Support
Move 1: Trick Room
Move 2: Explosion / ExtremeSpeed / Double-Edge
Move 3: Flare Blitz
Move 4: Thund / Magic Coat / U-Turn / Parting Shot / Healing Wish
Item: Heavy-Duty Boots / Focus Sash / Mental Herb
Nature: Brave
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
IVs: 0 Spe
Tera Type: Fairy / Fire

Name: Special Trick Room Support
Move 3: Overheat / Fire Blast
Move 4: Thunderbolt / Volt Switch / Magic Coat / Parting Shot / Healing Wish
Item: Heavy-Duty Boots / Mental Herb
Nature: Quiet
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Def
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe

———-

Edit: Updated banned moves.

Last edited:

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Pre-Contributor
Can we get some love for Trick Room support?

Heartboy’s bulk is decent enough, it’s defensive typing is complementary to other TR setters, and its low speed lends itself very well for the playstyle.

Boomburst is great for special attacking, as it circumvents Substitute, a common TR counterplay, and ESpeed is handy priority outside TR, while Explosion is also great for momentum grabbing on Suicide leads.

V-Create is a powerful Fire STAB that I haven’t seen discussed yet which also synergies well in TR by lowering our speed, not unlike TR Victini.

Magic Coat is handy for Taunt and snarky anti-hazard plays. Healing Wish is good for getting in another breaker and healing them up, and various pivot moves maintain momentum.

Moveset submission

Name: Physical Trick Room Support
Move 2: Explosion / ExtremeSpeed / Double-Edge
Move 3: V-Create
Move 4: Volt Tackle / Magic Coat / U-Turn / Parting Shot / Healing Wish
Item: Heavy-Duty Boots / Focus Sash / Mental Herb
Nature: Brave
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
IVs: 0 Spe

Name: Special Trick Room Support
Move 3: Overheat / Fire Blast
Move 4: Thunderbolt / Volt Switch / Magic Coat / Parting Shot / Healing Wish
Item: Heavy-Duty Boots / Mental Herb
Nature: Quiet
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Def
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
V-Create has been axed in gen 9, and cannot be used in battle (at least for now)

shnowshner

You've Gotta Try
is a Pre-Contributor
Batch two! There was a bit more talk amongst the TLT that helped me settle on which moves specifically would make the cut:

+Brambane removed from blacklist
+Sets Added:
Name: Bulk Up
Move 4: Knock Off / Double-Edge
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Atk / 64 Spe
Tera Type: Water / Fairy
Name: Choice Band
Move 2: Explosion
Move 3: Bitter Blade
Move 4: Volt Tackle / Double-Edge / Knock Off
Item: Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Name: All-Out Attacker
Move 1: Explosion
Move 2: Knock Off
Move 4: Fire Lash
Item: Heavy-Duty Boots / Leftovers
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
+Sets approved via proxy:
Name: Specially Offensive
Move 2: Fire Blast
Move 4: Extreme Speed / Spikes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
  • I'm not sure how I missed this one in my initial run-through, it's a perfectly valid and simple 32 set.
+Updated Approved moves: Bitter Blade, Bulk Up, Double-Edge, Explosion, Draining Kiss, Moonlight/Morning Sun, Thunder Punch, Taunt,
+Updated Pending moves: Rapid Spin, Growth, Parting Shot, -Bitter Blade, -Strength Sap
+Updated Banned moves: Torch Song, Strength Sap, Volt Tackle
+Moved lists around to better reflect goal of stage + alphabetized list of moves
+Brambane readded to blacklist

There's a couple sets that are close to being approved but I still need to think about them a tad longer. Submitters: comb through the Pending and Banned moves lists and see if there are any changes you want to make to your set, as any with a banned move that I can't slash out aren't going to be parsed. Likewise, moves in Pending are those I want a little more discussion on, so please comment now or forever hold your peace!

I plan to have one more moveset update after this and we'll be done.

Moveset Submission

Name: Utility Tank
Move 2: Morning Sun / Slack Off
Move 4: Parting Shot / Stealth Rock / Taunt / Defog
Tera: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SpAtk
  • CAP32’s Utility and powerful Boomburst allows it to make progress and hit very hard.
  • Boomburst OHKOes most things weak to it. (2HKOes Ting-Lu)
  • Morning Sun allows you to switch into Jumbao/switch out of your own Jumbao and provide longevity, but Slack Off is an alternative to Morning Sun if you don’t run Sun.
  • Knock Off puts Krilowatt, Ting-Lu, Venomicon, and Zoroark-H at a disadvantage.
  • Parting Shot is a pivoting option for CAP32, forcing out breakers such as AV Toxapex, Garchomp, Great Tusk, and Iron Moth. Stealth Rock provides Role Compression for other teammates like Garganacl, Great Tusk, and Venomicon. Taunt allows you to prevent setup from switch-ins. Defog is good hazard removal, especially if a Knock-Off user attempts to come in.
  • Heavy-Duty Boots ensure CAP32 won’t take any chipdamage
  • 160 SpAtk ensures you OHKO standard set Arghonaut w/ Boomburst
  • The defensive investment improves matchups a lot, you survive an unboosted 252 Atk Garchomp, 2HKO TankChomp EQ, 2HKO Ting-Lu EQ.
Moveset Submission

Name: Assault Vest
Move 2: Fire Blast
Move 3: Volt Switch
Move 4: Knock Off / Psychic
Item: Assault Vest
Modest Nature
Tera type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
  • Boomburst = big damage
  • Fire Blast, while inconsistent, gives CAP32 the best damage output
  • Volt Switch gives CAP32 Electric coverage against Water-types while fulfilling its pivoting duties.
  • Knock Off is great utility, while Psychic is coverage for Venomicon and Iron Moth.
  • Assault Vest makes CAP32 even more bulky.

My thoughts on pending moves:

Growth: I actually think this might be too much the more I think about it. Jumbao's good and it's a pretty good partner, so the fact that the boost is conditional doesn't tone it down enough in my eyes. +2 atespeed is just so scary in principle, and couple that with the ability to tera fairy or use a defensive tera to grab another boost, boosted fire stab (which grants recovery?) / nuking things with boomburst if you want... it just seems difficult to consistently have answers for.

Fiery Dance: This seems like a reasonable way to boost special sets while not being too overbearing.

Parting Shot: I get that Volt Switch was already approved, but it's a bit more exploitable, and having another pivoting option doesn't really complicate counterplay that much. I think it might be nice to have as an option in the upcoming Home meta, but that's speculative.

Rapid Spin: Sure, it's a niche I guess. I think we're probably a better setter than remover but whatever, outspeeding Treads by 1 point at +1 is cool I guess. the speed boost isn't too crazy for offensive sets, since we're clicking Extreme Speed a lot of the time anyway. I don't think we need removal, I just don't really see it as problematic.

Thunder Punch: I don't really see this making it onto sets realistically but it should be an option.

Last edited:
So, I'm going to have to agree with viol and bass about Growth being a bit much, when I was calculating the damage that Hemogoblin would do with +2 attack to build the moveset I found at that point Hemo 2shot most things that isn't dirge or av pex because +2 max sp.attack boomburst 2shots non av pex (venomicon and garganacl checks physical sets but are 2shot by +2 max sp.attack boomburst), though there could be more checks that I didn't test. Theres also the issue of sun boosted fire stab that recovers, I feel like this is what makes Growth go over the edge because if it wasn't for this Hemo would have poor longevity, eventually their sweep would be cut short even with priority because that priority has limited pp while only 2shoting most things, but because they have a powerful stab that gets boosted in stab they can 1shot alot of things just with that to preserve Espeed pp while healing off the damage going second brings, but as Bitter Blade is a valuable move that works on more sets without being over power it would be better to ban Growth instead. This also brings other +2 boosting moves like Swords Dance or Nasty Plot into question but that's another discussion entirely.

Last edited:

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus
Moveset Submission
Name: Heartbreaker
Move 1: Lumina Crash
Move 3: Fire Blast / Fiery Dance
Move 4: Morning Sun / Knock Off / Volt Switch
Modest Nature
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
  • Lumina Crash is a synergistic tempo move that, similar to Fire Lash vs Bulk Up, is less snowbally in nature but more consistent into fat teams
  • Basically allows you to play aggressively into stall and friends without needing to run Choice Specs, freeing up the item slot for Boots
  • Even worse than physical sets into offense teams, although Lumina Crash has the benefit of being very good coverage for the likes of Pex
  • Espathra is getting banned with Home so this is your last chance to use the move
  • Someone is probably upset about the flavor, which matters as much as hot cocoa in a heatwave
  • Pyroak salivating in the back at the thought of switching in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)