ATK: 54
DEF: 54
SP.ATK: 124
SP.DEF: 81
SPD: 128
AVERAGE: 88.83
TOTAL: 533

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=peCObweYgTA3A4nd-wrY_AQ

This was a quick spreadsheet I did on Excel to find out what the exact average Rock type was, and then find out exactly how to do the opposite. I found the stats of every primary Rock type (ie, that excludes Corsola because it is Water/Rock, not Rock/Water), and averaged them. These stats are listed as "Average" on the sheet.

Then, I did =Average Stats + (Average Stats - Stat) to find out what the exact opposite would be. For example, a Rock type with 50 Sp. Atk, and an average 80 per stat, would get 80 + (80-50) = 110. These results are listed as Mold-Breaker. I then rounded these stats to the nearest integer to get Mold-Breaker rounded.

Finally, I set out to make all the stats completely unique. First, not a single stat ends in 5 or 0, to make it seem unique. Second, the base stat total is 533, which no other Pokemon has. Third, no other Pokemon has a single one of the above stats. (ie, I made it have 92 base HP, because no other Pokemon has 92 base HP). I did this by rounding down the Physical stats (ATK/DEF) to the nearest unique number, and rounding up the Special stats, and HP/Speed stats.

I was left with about 36 stat points left over to 533, which I put into Speed and Sp. Attack - enough Speed to outspeed Syclant and Skymin, and break the mold by creating a unique speed tier. It also has a high, unique Sp. Atk level.

So, this set breaks every mold imaginable. X-Act's stat rating (which is an extremely useful thing, btw. I'd love to be able to download in offline version). gives it a:

(Double-click for bigger picture).

Which I believe means it fits all the categories.

I'll do some damage calcs to show what it can do competitively as well in a minute. Comments would be appreciated, I spent a while on this.
EDIT: My final set.

100/41/40/130/86/119 (516 BST)

Identical to my last one, But With less Sp. Atk and Sp. Def. I hope I'm still on time...

Still, I'll Explain some more:

100hp: Allows it to make 101 Substitutes, And Take Hits Better.

41Atk: Low Attack, (Not that its gonna use it anyway)

40 Def: Really Low Defense, So it's Gonna Have to Kill Anything that Resembles a Physical Attacker

130 Sp.Atk: Reasonably High Special atk, and it looks like We can Give This guy Some Boosting move, Without Being broken.

119 Spe: About as fast as this can go without ever being able to Touch Bas 120's. Also, because Dugtrio can Revenge Kill This easily.

My Final Spread.

Oh sh*t, only just saw the 24hr deadline post thingie... going back to the spread below and making it final

89HP/56ATK/62DEF/140SAT/73SDF/130SPE

550 TOTAL BST

140SAT:

Remains unchanged as Rockmon needs all the power he can get without being broken. Seriously. Power Gem's not the best STAB attack in the world (as it's slightly underpowered) and Weather Ball's unreliable. Why? 'Cause it needs Sandstorm active to actually get the STAB bonus, and then once the enemy clears the Sandstorm, you've lost it again.

130SPE:

OK, I've upped the Speed a bit as I've seen too many spreads with 120+ Speed. Now it matches Aerodactyl at the moment. I would've toned it down to 127 to match The Flying Shaymin, but then it goes into the Fantastic line (via me putting them on something else cause I like 550BST), and I didn't want to do that yet. Now I'm hoping it isn't overly broken *ducks and covers*

56ATK:

Well, I suppose I better hack off stats somewhere... Attack was the first thing I though of, as wasn't going to damage Blissey with the attack stat it had anyway (unless it exploded, or MAYBE if it went for a Head Smash), so now I have to find 2 more stats points to cut off

89HP/62DEF/73SDF

This was the tricky bit. Rockmon needed more special defence than I gave it (not for survival, but to catch up with other submissions). And then I upgraded its health slightly, just cause I could, and then reduced defense so then all three stats netted the 2 stats points I was supposed to subtract in the first place. OK, maybe I upgraded its bulk a bit (overall anyway), but I still haven't tried to make Garchomp out of it...

Phy Sweep: -1 (91)
Phy Tank: 0 (92)
Spc Sweep: 9 (233)
Spc Tank: 0 (105)
Extreme Bias to Offense (44.1)
Extreme Bias to Special (-59.1)
Overall Rating: Excellent (579)

FINAL SPREAD!!

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Two hours left until the deadline. The deadline is 7:00 PM EST.

These people still have not conformed:
LOLMudkipz
Bumfacepik
Blakcharz77
Linton
Legacy Raider

Omgthatkid needs to edit in reasoning before the deadline.

There will be NO exceptions to the deadline. You've all had ample time. Also, if your spread is not chosen, please don't whine about it in a thread. PM me and I'll explain to you why it wasn't. In cases of similar spreads, the spread posted first gets automatic approval. There will only be 10 spreads chosen. If chosen, I will PM you. You will get further instructions there. Please do not ask "Am I chosen" or "Did you choose X and/or Y." I will not answer you. If you ask me to choose someone, I will not answer you, or if it's on #CAP or the server you will be kicked.

84/40/70/120/94/140
Physical Sweepiness: 68 Very Bad
Physical Tankiness: 98 Average
Special Sweepiness: 197 Amazing
Special Tankiness: 125 Moderately Good
ODB: 21.6 Bias to Offense
PSB: -71.4 Extreme Bias to Special
Overall Rating: 418Very Good
BST: 548

I realize my Hp and SpD numbers seem a bit contrived.
But I wanted to get the most possible from this spread while staying within the given boundaries.

HP: 84 is a rather decent number, allowing it to come in on a number of attacks, survive a few Seismic Tosses/Night Shades, and overall provides decent but not too amazing survivability. Considering the fact that this Pokemon is going to be more of a sweeper than some sort of sandstorm-reliant tank, Hp is nearly irrelevant.
Atk: We don't need a physically offensive Rock Type, period. 40 is a "fairly retardified" number, meaning it's low enough to be useless, but not too low just for the purpose of unfairly allocating base stat points elsewhere.
Def: Relatively low, but not too much. Decent enough to survive (unlike Alakazam, to whom this CAP is being compared), but not enough to take continual assaults from various physical Pokemon (Sarfchomp?). The only Pokemon that can OHKO CAP 5 from priority moves are Metagross and Breloom, both of which need Choice Band and max Attack in order to establish a chance at OHKOing.
SpA: I wanted a relatively high number, but not too high to completely throw Technician out the window. I'm really going to vie for that ability. I want it for it's ability to power up Ancient Power, as well as other low Base Power moves. Not only that, but I think any higher than 120 would make for an overpowered sweeper. Think of this Pokemon as a faster, slightly stronger, bulkier version of Jolteon with more offensive options.
SpD: Rather bulky, actually. Usually, in sandstorm, most Rock types get a "survivability" boost rather than one that makes their special defense stats an asset. It's a bit above average now, but it'll be an amazing stat to work with in sandstorm.
Spe: Ah, the meat of it all, and the major selling point of my spread. 140 allows it to tie with Electrode, merely for the company (I highly doubt you'd meet an Electrode in OU). Not only that, but I didn't want to arbitrarily create some new speed tier. We've had enough of that. It also guarantees outspeeding Jolteon, Crobat, Aerodactyl, and Weavile with a +Speed nature. With a +Special Attack nature, it can still outspeed Dugtrio, Sceptile, Alakazam, Azelf, Starmie, Syclant and a number of other rather fast-paced sweepers.

I didn't want any overkill with the Special Attack, and thought Speed should be the primary focus of this CAP.
I also made this spread relatively strong with the possibilty of Technician to boost STAB moves, or possibly a shallower that desired movepool to hinder coverage. I don't want to see this CAP turn into some sort of 180/180 + amazing movepool Pokemon. It's just not happening.

What's so unique about my spread? The fact that it's one of, if not the fastest and fairest (I will refrain from criticizing some rather...sub-par and outrageous stat spreads I've seen in the primitive stages of stat discussion...). With a +SpAtk nature, it will still outspeed base 120 Pokemon and Syclant running +Speed natures, and also has an offense beating base 130 Pokemon running +Speed natures. So essentially a +Special Attack nature will make it's stats resemble Pokemon that have 130SpA/120Spe with a +Spe nature. The reason I paired 140 Speed with 115 Special Attack as opposed to 120 Speed paired with 130 Special Attack is because I wanted more leniency in terms of Speed. +Speed natures are more popular than +SpAtk natures because of the importance of Speed in our metagame. Therefore, I wanted to couple a decent, though not overly powerful SpAtk stat with a very lenient Speed stat, while also making CAP 5 fast enough to outspeed or overpower Pokemon with similar stats to 130/120 (Such as Alakazam and Weavile). In fact, this Pokemon will be quite useful, as precedented by Weavile. With my spread, they'll both outspeed the same Pokemon-but while running a Modest nature for example, CAP 5 would be the stronger of the two. Not only that, but their STAB moves have relatively similar base powers. 75/70 for Weavile, and 70 for CAP 5.

DAMAGE CALCULATIONS:
LOOK, HOW BULKY!:
(All of the following calculations include sandstorm's effect, and no defensive evs invested in CAP 5. All Grass Knots are assumed to have the maximun base power of 120)
Modest, max SpA Life Orb Azelf's Grass Knot: 81-95%
Min SpA Celebi's Leaf Storm: 68-80%
Modest, max SpA Life Orb Gengar's Focus Blast: 84-99%
Modest, max SpA Infernape's Grass Knot: 72-85% Modest, max SpA Choice Spec Jirachi's Grass Knot: 80-95%
You see where this is going.
LOOK, HOW STRONG!:

Max SpA Specs Earth Power vs Max Hp/ Min SpD Metagross: 89-105%
Max SpA Specs Earth Power vs Max Hp/ Max SpD Heatran: 106-125%
Max SpA Specs Earth Power vs Max Hp/ Min SpD Jirachi: 73-87%

Done
And I edited it one more time...
I think that's alright...right?
Because I still had time left.

Hit Points (HP): 95
Attack (Atk): 65
Defence (Def): 60
Special Attack (SpA): 110
Special Defence (SpD): 60
Speed (Spe): 130
Base Stat Total (BST): 520

Just adding to my post to finalize(?) it... I think I followed all the rules, quickly tell me if I didn't, I have time to fix them...

Two hours left until the deadline. The deadline is 7:00 PM EST.

These people still have not conformed:
LOLMudkipz
Bumfacepik
Blakcharz77
Linton
Legacy Raider

Omgthatkid needs to edit in reasoning before the deadline.

There will be NO exceptions to the deadline. You've all had ample time. Also, if your spread is not chosen, please don't whine about it in a thread. PM me and I'll explain to you why it wasn't. In cases of similar spreads, the spread posted first gets automatic approval. There will only be 10 spreads chosen. If chosen, I will PM you. You will get further instructions there. Please do not ask "Am I chosen" or "Did you choose X and/or Y." I will not answer you. If you ask me to choose someone, I will not answer you, or if it's on #CAP or the server you will be kicked.
I already confirmed mine. It's on your first post on the first page, tennis.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Conformed, not confirmed. Your spread was Excellent, when Very Good won.

Edit: I've decided not to PM my 10, and just go on with the first poll. I'll let it run 2 days or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)