CAP 5 CAP 5 - Part 3 (Secondary Typing Poll 2)

What should the Secondary Type be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I voted for No Secondary Type. I wouldn't mind if Fighting wins however. Hehe, remember that I originally voted for Fighting and Rock for one of them to be the primary type. :)

I lingered over fighting fo a while, but decided to go with no secondary type against my original vote :/ I'm very interested in this CAP Project, should be awesome!

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I voted fighting but it looks like no secondary type is gonna win. Another useless vote from Evil_Lord...

Voted ghost, if it was ghost it would have had shadow ball as the strongest special move... Anyways the only special rock type attack is acient power and it has 60 base power... =( Soooo special sweeping rock type isnt that good.....

I was considering Fighting for a long time, but I can see where the NST people are coming from.

AncientPower + Technician is very appealing.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hmmm a Special Attack using Rock-type would be pretty interesting. Too bad its best move is HP Rock or AncientPower lol. That's why I picked Fighting as a second type....to at least give it some kind of useful options like Aura Sphere etc.

Hmmm a Special Attack using Rock-type would be pretty interesting. Too bad its best move is HP Rock or AncientPower lol. That's why I picked Fighting as a second type....to at least give it some kind of useful options like Aura Sphere etc.

Power Gem, it does 70 base with 20 pp. About 7 different Pokemon species can learn it, but the only rock type that does is Corsola.

Power Gem; 5 base power less than Rock Slide, but with twice the pp and 100% accuracy... I still never understood why physical Rock moves were so hated.

Voted mono-Rock. It can still be given Fighting moves for coverage, they just won't overshadow Rock without the STAB.

Voted for No secondary typing!

Like all the others said, I want rock to be the PRIMARY type, not the typing which gives support to the other dominating typing

Mono-rock is da way to go!

No secondary typing to win it. Remember, even lacking more useful STABs it gives us more room in BST before it will get broken, since it doesn't have a deadly STAB.

I personally welcome the challenge because I know this community is capable of some amazing shit. And I really doubt this concept will come back anytime soon, so we might as well take advantage of it and break TWO molds.
I get what you're saying, but that's really not how I look at it. I just think it's better to break one mold really clearly and succinctly than to break two molds at all. This has nothing to do with what this community is capable of; I think it's capable of anything, too! I want the best for this Pokémon, too, and I think that one mold straight up is better than two, when by definition, if we add a second type, we'll be splitting the cake.

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
No secondary typing.

Any type we give him will outshine rock, simply because rock's special movepool...uh...sucks. Badly. And if you give this poke a secondary type, people won't even care for rock and just use shadow ball or focus blast or bug buzz or...well you get what I mean.

No secondary type means not only that our rock type sweeper will actually use rock attacks, but also that we will end up being forced to create a new actually decent special rock move for him, while a secondary type would make said option pointless, since it would give this poke viable moves to use.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I voted for No Secondary Type.

Fighting would add one massively helpful resist (Rock) and one somewhat useful resist (Dark), but would eliminate a good CAP resist (Flying). It would certainly add a lot of attacking coverage. I think Fighting would dominate the primary type. It would probably be easier to make a competitive Rock/Fighting pokemon. Rock is a really crappy type, and it is going to be difficult to make a mono-Rock pokemon competitively viable, without making it broken or weird.

From an educational standpoint, we will learn more about the Rock type in competitive play if we don't give it a secondary type. If we made a special Rock/Fighting pokemon, we might learn a few things about Fighting, since there aren't many special Fighters out there. But, Fighting gets a lot of play in the current metagame, so I don't think we'll learn too terribly much. On the other hand, almost everything we know about Rock comes from unstabbed move usage (Stone Edge & Rock Slide) and resistance/weakness to Stealth Rock. We know very little about using Rock as a primary STAB attacking type or from a defensive standpoint. For all practical purposes, we only have Tyranitar to learn from -- and it has ungodly uber stats and movepool. So, that's why I am voting for mono-Rock -- I think we'll probably learn a bit more about the metagame.

I have whole lot of other thoughts about Rock as the primary type, most of which pertain to bias and stats. I'll wait for those polls to voice my opinions there.

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I have only one question to all who voted for Mono-Rock, Do you want to beat Togekiss whit this CaP pokemon?

I voted no secondary typing, but I wouldn't mind if the typing was fighting since the mold to break is similar. Looks like it's going to be a pure rock type, which is what I initially wanted.

Jrrrrrrrrr...this is CaP....we can create our own move!!!

Yea!
And I think this is finally the time for that. BTW, let's be prepared to fight hordes of "I don't want invented moves" people. I know I have my n00b blaster ready.

Voted Mono-Rock, of course.

I have only one question to all who voted for Mono-Rock, Do you want to beat Togekiss with this CaP pokemon?
I'll answer your question, yes and no. Yes on the idea that most people want this project to be able to handle Togekiss with little to no problem, and no because not only is countering Togekiss going to be tough, but I don't think it's truly necessity to counter her.

Spoiler

Also you would need around 95/100 Hp/Spd while in the sand to survive Kiss' Aura Sphere (30.82% - 36.25%) and this doesn't take Stealth Rock into the equation. You would need about 110 special attack plus Choice Spec just to 2HKO her back with Power Gem (53.48% - 63.1%)

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I asked because so many voted rock for the primary type and said Togekiss, but whit the SpD of Kiss its just to hard to even 2 hit KO it as G_T said, So another CaP that dies to Kiss(It can put, and will put a big dent in Kiss, but is soon dead after) I don't see why losing Flying resist is so bad then, Rock/Fighting has nice resistances, even whit Mono-Rock if it has another choice of ability thats not Technician(AcientPower is good, but the PP is to low) it needs a new move better than Power Gem.

It all depends on what we vote for.

Decided on No Secondary Typing, because all the CAPs so far have had dual typing, and being mono-rock would break the mold for 2 reasons.

I voted Fighting because a mono type is rather boring, imo. It really limits what its capable of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)