CAP 5 CAP 5 - Part 7 (Stat Spread Poll 3)

Who's stat spread should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
... wow, this is really too close to call. If this ends up in less than a percentage point lead its obvious that some discussion or further ideas are necessary.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Hey, why don't we give BOTH spreads for the CaP pokémon? You know, alternate forms! That would TOTALLY be a mold breaker! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

...Or we could just have Goodbar/GT/X-Act to sit down and create a new spread based on the current ones. Or we could just do an average.

no because contrary to popular belief this is meant to be a competitive based project, not an art project with some stats and movepool tacked on.
They're both competitively thought out spreads, so it seems reasonable to me

One in the lead yay? >____>

they are no doubt but it should be the competitive aspects such as stats, movepool and ability selecting the art not the other way round.

Normally yes, which is why this poll is supposed to end before the art one, but with the situation as it is, it's something to consider besides merging things together. Or maybe something will take a last minute lead, or we'll just let the small majority win...

I would totaly vote for the art poll to go before this poll, if it is just 1% difference between X-act and GT/Mr.GB. Because I don't like coint tosses in cases like this.

Other than that, if the king/queen chess pieces win we could use both of the spreads and make two CAPs in one! with similar differences like the Nidos.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
If a mix of the two spreads is needed, I suggest averaging out Physical sweepiness/tankiness and Special sweepiness/tankiness, and the Speed stats.

90/55/60/120/85/125 would average out the sweepiness/tankiness. And the stats are not too far from the average of the base stats too. I'd put this base stat spread for consideration to GT/Mr. Goodbar, and to the TL.

two CAPs is a really dumb idea, especially with two spreads that are sooo similar. if we wanted to do a split CAP line, fine, but it would almost need one typing, two different concepts. like the nidos, like the latis...even like giratina's forms. this is not the place.

I think there is nothing to lose from making two "formes" of this pokemon, and if anything it will better help us understand the metagame through whichever one is preferred by the battling community. I think it would be fascinating to see which is used more on shoddy, and how each stat spread affects the game.

By having two forms (or even two pokemon), we can accept two of the brilliant art submissions, and also have both of these movesets.

The way I see it, we have nothing to lose, but everything to gain.

g/g has the advantage right now, so there isn't really a need to average the spreads or split them up. Different forms would require two different artwork pieces from each artist, which actually is quite a big change.

Moreover, since the stat spreads are so similar, having 2 forms would seem almost pointless. Most of the Pokemon with different forms in-game range from having fairly different stats (Giratina, Rotom) to hugely different (Deoxys). Between these two spreads, there's only a very small amount of variance.

I really like the idea of having separate forms. We could see which artwork wins, and ask the artists if they would Draw a separate form, or we could open a new poll for others to draw it. I agree that it would be interesting to see which one if used more.

Why would we need two art peices from each?

We just accept one each from the two best artists and use them as the formes.

I'm just worried that whatever side loses is going to be really pissed that it was only by a couple votes. Personally I'd still prefer our spread to the combination, but I'm also open to it if that's what people want. I'll just wait for tennis to post ?_?

EDIT: forms is not a good idea unless the stats are going to be more varied...

I was jus suggesting that so that the two formes would look similar, as do the in-game formes, but I like the idea of using the two best pieces. I just am wondering what happens if the chess pieces come in first and someone else comes in second. Will we use the Kiig/Queen, or have one of the chess pieces and one as the second-place finisher?

Enjoy your dinopult/chess piece/easter island crossover. How can you not think that's totally crazy?

Seriously, leave the forms alone and get this stuff voted for/negociated.

Stop borderline poll jumping.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I've already gone through this once (CAP4 movepool), so I know how it feels. For some reason, I always appeal to at most half of the community, but never more.

Because the art pieces in question are going to be completely different? That'd be like putting the art for Milotic and Azumarill together and saying "Okay, these are different forms of the same Pokemon". They don't have any similarities except for the fact that they're the same type.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I've already gone through this once (CAP4 movepool), so I know how it feels. For some reason, I always appeal to at most half of the community, but never more.
I remember that lol. Its too bad that this is more complicated. However, I come here with a verdict. In the event of a tie, the winner of past polls will be delcared the winner. Its like how baseball does it: in the event of a tie the winner of the head-to-head season series gets the spot in the playoffs. In this case, X-Act would win.

I'd put this base stat spread for consideration to GT/Mr. Goodbar, and to the TL.
The idea is great on paper, too bad it's not going to used in the case of a tie. It's looking like a win/win situation for you. If you and/or becomes a tie then congrats...you earned it. You are a worthy adversary and I respect you in every way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)