CAP 16 CAP 5 - Part 8 - Art Poll 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dracoyoshi8

When I first saw the design, I thought to myself, "Oh great, another snake. Wasn't the 5th gen starter another grassy snake already? How unimaginative." And then I read the supporting material. It completely changed my perspective.

While all three have fantastic artwork and supporting material, I feel this one is most fitting of the concept and the construction thus far.

Great job everyone!

Blizzard

@ NeverMeltIce
Yilx

The stats and the Pokemon go very well. The others designs are really cool too.

The corn Grim reaper is a really nice design. Corn and grim reaper go well together in this art, i think. It does seem like a pokemon with a high SpDef stat. The snake design is probably the best one, imo, but, when you think of its stats, it seems like a pokemon that is fast, hard hitting. Not one that is slow and bulky. When you look at Ferrothorn or, say, Rhydon, you know they aren't fast, but they seem bulky, and their stats show it too. When you look at Zekrom, Reshiram, Kyurem-BW, you immediately know they are hard-hitters. Yilx's pokemon seems bulky, slow and a hard-hitter, which perfectly fits its stats.

Wait, were the stats chosen before or after the Pokemon were designed?

Dracoyoshi8

Disappointed that eol, cartoons and dougjustdougs designs didn't make it as those were the most creative and fit the typing well. I just don't think a corn is very evil and the pineapple looks too fighting type, though I must say was drawn very well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)