CAP 5 CAP 5 - Part 8 (Art Poll 4)

Who's art should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez, I can't decide on who's gonna win. I hit the link to see what's happened, then I click to check the next page of posts, and it's subtly changed again. YEESH.

Also, I voted for Caladbolg. I think both designs are absolutely awesome, but I tend to prefer humanoid Pokemon (that is to say, bipedal, vaguely human proportions, etc) to other builds.

Okay, you can check me, I'm not an alt. Yeah it looks suspicious that this is my first post...well the whole reason I registered was to participate in CAP and I was just so excited to join and participate. I have been following CAP 5 in specific from the begining, and the artwork, stats, everything has been amazing. When Caladbolg first submitted his art, I fell in love with it. I was pretty sure if I ever got around to registering that would be my pick. But then ydG showed up. At first, even after seeing his amazing artwork, I still liked Cadalbolg's the best. But there was something about it...it slowly grew on me...there was something that just made me slowly change my mind and vote for ydG's. You know, I figured if either one of these by themselves made it to the final round, it would be an easy choice since these two specific pieces of art have been my favorites ever since they were first posted. But since both made it to the finals, this choice was quite hard. I know it sounds weird, but I think I'll be disappointed with the outcome either way, just for the fact that one of them will have to lose :(

Calad

Hero of the Blue Flames
is an Artist Alumnus
Two votes of diference. And several Wall Post, with subjectives arguments.
4 Art polls.

I'm note satisfied. But, in the other hand, the 50,3% will be happy. xD

I voted for Calad's, because I like it better, and to me both designs fit the stats and typing. YDG's is good too, so whoever wins will be good.

that's not mold breaking we can believe in >:(

(In my opinion, yDG's looks like it would have paper HP, and it looks a lot more physical than Calad's. Then again, this is all just subjective, but honestly, does it look like it has 90 Base HP and 120 SpA?)

that's not mold breaking we can believe in >:(

(In my opinion, yDG's looks like it would have paper HP, and it looks a lot more physical than Calad's. Then again, this is all just subjective, but honestly, does it look like it has 90 Base HP and 120 SpA?)
Yes I know if you think about it If it looks kinda like an physical attacker, and its a special attacker that there is Breaking the mold for art.

YDG's could look like sugimori art but its drawn. Honestly it's just opinion at this point. Tied the entire way, 274 votes...

Calad

Hero of the Blue Flames
is an Artist Alumnus
YDG's could look like sugimori art but its drawn. Honestly it's just opinion at this point. Tied the entire way, 274 votes...
Let's ask Sugimori xD. It's so subjective. To be honest, I think Regi DS's have the most "Sugimori Art Look". But, He didn't make it.

you know that this is probally too close to decide on just by the votes.
What would you suggest, tennis arbitrates and either annoys more than half of the voters or goes with the poll anyway?

It's a simple vote between two choices and there is no indication that it can be miscounted. During any other poll, the choice that takes more than 50% of the vote wins regardless of how many options there are. This isn't a special case.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
We could make a sort of fork in the project. Give the current stat spread to one of the two (probably yDG's), and make a new stat spread for the other. Both designs then follow the CaP process to completion, and we end up with two special oriented rock types which (hopefully) are different enough from each other in practice that neither overshadows the other.

It would certainly break the mold...
Or, y'know, we could just go with the winner.

Which is Caladbolg for now. I'm going to review the votes carefully before moving on.

Personally, I think making another poll is plain stupid, and just going with the winner is the easiest thing to do.

As long as the winner's yDG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)