• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Our Pokemon so far:

Name: Ultimate Scout
Description: A Pokemon that is very capable of forcing the opponent to reveal vital information about their team members and their moves using various techniques.
Type: Steel / Ghost

This is where we determine the general style of the pokemon, from an offensive and defensive standpoint. We also will set limits on the stat spreads that support that style. It should be noted that the Style Bias is not just for limiting stats, but also helps shape the general "feel" of the pokemon. The Style may influence other parts of the pokemon -- such as art, movepool, ability, etc. However, the stat spread is the only part of the project that will be specifically constrained by the voted Style Bias.

Offensive/Defensive Balance is part of the Stats Rating Formula developed by X-Act for numerically measuring a pokemon's base stats.

Information about the formula is located here.
A utility for calculating the ODB is located here.

Use the clicky poll above to vote.

Somewhat Offensive

I was contemplating 'Somewhat Defensive', but I decided that I really don't want another defensive Pokemon, so I'm attempting to rectify the typing mistake.

I was torn in between offensive and somewhat offensive, but I eventually went with the latter simply due to what king of pokemon I personally like more.

Voted Somewhat Offensive, this thing has to have the speed and offense to at least threaten weakened foes, but not enough to completely destroy.

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
Somewhat Offensive will let us make some use of our defensive typing, while giving it the offensive capability required to do its job - and no more.

Somewhat Offensive is my vote. Steel/Ghost is good defensive typing, so we could focus a little more on offensive measures (not too much, though).

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
i went with somewhat offensive. firstly, this pokemon has more than enough resistances and immunitys that making which should be enough to take at least a hit no matter what defensive stat it has. secondly, i went for somewhat offensive rather than offensive because this pokemon job is to scout, and if you make it with high attacking stats, why would it bother scouting at all if it can sweep much better?

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I voted Somewhat Offensive. This thing shouldn't be super defensive, nor should it have paper defenses. It should have enough power to force switches, but not totally sweep like Stratagem or Syclant.

Somewhat Offensive. This thing needs to be able to scare off threats with decent attack whilst keep bulk to take some hits.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Somewhat offensive.

I was thinking about somewhat defensive but the typing helps it out with that and scouts need to have a decent attack.

I voted for Offensive.

With amazing defensive typing, I really want this guy to use his resistances to switch in rather than stats. It doesn't need defensive stats at all.

Offensive

I chose this less to mean that I wanted it to be a sweeper but more to mean that I don't want this to be too bulky. Somewhat Offensive is obviously going to win but I don't think a scout should have much bulk and its stats should instead be focused into an attacking stat and speed.

Voted Somewhat Offensive, whilst it should be able to take hits, its typing will mean that most common move types wont hit it, and if it is able to dent some Pokemon, but not enough to OHKO most, then its doing its duty as a scout.

beej

everybody walk the dinosaur
I voted Offensive. This thing is already at a disadvantage because of its crappy STAB. I don't want CAP7 to be a tank, it should be forcing switches by...well, force. Just like the other scouts.

I believe that a good U-Turn user should be bulky enough to take whatever is thrown at it, slow enough to be hit before using the move and not necessarily strong enough to leave a massive dent. Assuming that this scout is getting U-Turn, I vote somewhat defensive.

I think at this point it seems like somewhat offensive is going to win but i feel that incredible typing and decent defense could be unbalanced and create a poke more powerful than we intended.

I voted somewhat defensive, but it's very clear that somewhat offensive is going to win... it has 75 votes while the others don't even have 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)