CAP 7 CAP 7 - Part 8 - Stat Spread Poll 2

Deck Knight or Gothic Togekiss?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I changed my mind and voted for Gothic Togekiss.

TBH, I never really understood why all the hype for speed. You just need to outspeed the poke you are facing, so you can U-Turn without getting hurt, so you only need to outspeed the majority of the pokes around, not all of them. Hell, I'd prefer to have more bulk than speed, so it can use roar, whirlwind and the like properly.

Also, I am not sure if Magnezone is that much of a problem, mainly if you consider that, more often than not, you will U-Turn right from the bat and detect Maggy's presence. After that it is just a matter of catching the switch-in with an EQ, so it isn't a 100% sure-fire counter.

Voted GT: People that are parinoid about Scarfzone-Why is it bad to be countered by Scarfzone?
Argho is beaten by Zappy, does that make Zappy bad.
Besides, do we really want this pokemon to run rampant with its scout-i-ness. It needs good counters. Scarfzone fits the bill.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I didn't make it, but it's nice to come third :)

Both have too much attack strength. Gothic Togekiss has higher attack, Deck Knight has irregular defences.

Although GT's is more similar to mine, I'm going to have to vote Deck Knight.

God, the poll is close...

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I didn't make it, but it's nice to come third :)

Both have too much attack strength. Gothic Togekiss has higher attack, Deck Knight has irregular defences.

Although GT's is more similar to mine, I'm going to have to vote Deck Knight.

God, the poll is close...
I'm going to laugh my rear end off if it closes in a tie because the last poll was also a tie, and we had a PR thread specifically what to do in addressing ties.

I'm going to laugh my rear end off if it closes in a tie because the last poll was also a tie, and we had a PR thread specifically what to do in addressing ties.
It the case of multiples ties, the winner is chosen by alphabetically order. After which, I'll file a name change for a name with A or 0 in the beginning of it.

In all seriousness, what would happen if this poll did in a tie?

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It the case of multiples ties, the winner is chosen by alphabetically order in which case I knew I should have used a name with A in beginning.
Finally an instance where having a "D" to represent me will not result in tragedy... lol.

Bobtheball4

CAP Playtesting Expert
Voted GT. Not liking the superspeed, and it could do well without it. GT's spread is just right. Speed isn't everything, but it is something. 110 is fine enough for a scout.
what plus said, i dont like it having too much speed, 110 is a good speed to scout. The poll looks very close, GT is winning by 4 points as of now

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
You might want to take into account what's actually present before jumping to conclusions on this. :S Either way, so what if Scarf Magnezone or Dugtrio can trap it? They can do that to plenty of other top-billed Pokemon. That doesn't make their usage plummet or make them any less usable (especially since Scarf Magnezone and Dugtrio really aren't that plentiful in the first place).
you cant take the metagame at face value when youre doing this project since youre missing 1 important piece...cap7. maybe scarfzone isnt used much now, but you cant say that it wont increase in usage when this project finishes.

Regardless, I don't care about Scarf Magnezone. I voted for DK because something with Steel / Ghost typing doesn't need good defensive stats to switch into anything it wants.
this.

I voted Deck Knight, GTs just seems to prompt a sweeper more than a scout with the overhigh attack stat. And I prefer being close to outspeeding Dugtrio, even if it doesn't, I like being up there.

I voted Deck Knight, GTs just seems to prompt a sweeper more than a scout with the overhigh attack stat.
It's not that high. It's only a 3 point different at best so they're not much of a different. If you want to be technical both spread can viably sweep if even enough type coverage and maybe stat buffers.

And I prefer being close to outspeeding Dugtrio, even if it doesn't, I like being up there.
Now that's something I can't change nor offer. If you like the idea of outspeeding Duggy and/or ScarfZone then be my guest. Not going to force something on you if you believe it's necessary to have. Personally I see CAP7 as Cannon Fodder and that it's the most expendable pokemon on your team.

Voted for Deck Knight. I could really care less about the speed (altough always outspeeding Latias 100% of the time is nice, along with other faster pokemon). I voted for DK because of the ability to (somewhat) go mixed, and I'd prefer our scout to be more on the frailer side.

I really hope it's a tie. Just because, I'd rather leave it up to the TL than to a 1-point lead, (which is really no more valid than just leaving it up to the TL anyway. One person.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)