CAP 8 CAP 8 - Part 4 - Style Bias Poll 2

What should our Style Bias be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't know if we're going to give it Outrage or Draco Meteor, so this is invalid.

Last I checked, every dragon learns Draco Meteor and Outrage since they are omnipresent among them because of the tutors. I am pretty sure we can confidently say that one of the few known rules about creating pokemon is "All Dragons learn Draco Meteor"

I went with Somewhat Offensive. My reasoning can be summed up in Bass' post in the last topic for the most part.

Last I checked, every dragon learns Draco Meteor and Outrage since they are omnipresent among them because of the tutors. I am pretty sure we can confidently say that one of the few known rules about creating pokemon is "All Dragons learn Draco Meteor"

Who is to say that is a rule that we have to follow? Personally I think that is sort of silly, as those two moves do have potential to take away from focusing on an ability or making this poke overpowered. If they didn't have competitive value, I'd be all for it if all dragons learned them, but they do have great value, and that does bring some concern to the table.

Who is to say that is a rule that we have to follow? Personally I think that is sort of silly, as those two moves do have potential to take away from focusing on an ability or making this poke overpowered. If they didn't have competitive value, I'd be all for it if all dragons learned them, but they do have great value, and that does bring some concern to the table.

Why is every single thing "overpowering." Why is this even an issue with STAB attacks? If a pokemon has a STAB they automatically have 1.5x power than any other pokemon. Donphan's Earthquake is more powerful than Rampardos'.

There was a reason I compiled a list of general trends in pokemon moves. If Salamence is not overpowered with Outrage and Draco Meteor, how on earth will this be given our BSR CAP will fall far short of Salamence's Fantastic (814)?

There were people who argued that Earthquake and Superpower were "overpowering" on Kitsunoh. Kitsunoh got both and managed not to be broken, but do tell me what attack would have gone into the slot that every competitive set dedicated to either one of them? Thunderpunch? Then why not use Ambipom, who was faster and had the same movepool outside of Trick? And was also, I remind you, UU.

I can kind of understand the argument when it comes to coverage moves, but STAB? That's ridiculous. Switch in a resist already (or Blissey for special attacks).

Somewhat defensive since Electric/Dragon is pretty much unresisted (lol Steelix) and I don't want this to end up being Specs Draco Meteor+Thunderbolt or whatever. At least let's make use of its resistances as except for Latias, who mostly runs Timid nature etc, there isn't a primarily defensive Dragon in OU so let's fill that niche.

Our Electric/Dragon CAP8 will have the Somewhat Defensive Style Bias! This poll is over, it would be appreciated for a mod to close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back