CAP 8 CAP 8 - Topic Leader Nominations

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
It's time to get CAP 8 underway!

This is the thread for people to announce their desire to be the Topic Leader for the upcoming creation project. Do not suggest other people. If someone doesn't strongly desire to be a Topic Leader without provocation, then we don't need them signing up for the job. Topic Leader is not an honorary title. It requires a lot of work and attention. If you are not prepared to fulfill all the responsibilities, then do not throw your hat in the ring.

To avoid confusion -- Topic Leader nominees will automatically be considered nominees for the CAP 8 Policy Committee, after the Topic Leader vote is complete. See the Policy Committee Nomination thread for more information regarding the the Policy Committee.

This thread is strictly for candidacy posts, and posts supporting those candidates. Please stay on topic.

Here are the guidelines for posting in this thread:
  • Candidates must have been actively involved through the entire duration of the most recent CAP project (CAP 7). Involvement in multiple CAP projects is strongly preferred.

• Do not suggest other people. If you want you encourage someone else to run, then send them a PM.

• If you are new to the CAP project, don't bother signing up to be a Topic Leader. Lurk more.

• Include a summary of your involvement in the CAP project.

• Make a pitch for why you should be selected. If you can't present and defend yourself, then how can you expect to lead a project whose primary function is discussion and debate? Convince us that you are a good choice.

• Poor spelling, punctuation, and grammar are great ways to look like an uneducated idiot. It's not a great way to look like a thoughtful, intelligent, community leader.

• Even if you don't think you are better-qualified than certain other candidates, you still should consider posting a candidacy. Candidates not selected as the TL for this project, will be on the "watch list" by the community for next time. Don't post your name if you don't intend to be active in the project, even if you are not selected. Like I said, if you post here, people will be scrutinizing your involvement more closely in the future.

• Feel free to post support for any candidates already named.

• Please do not post disparaging remarks about any candidates.
If these rules are not followed by all posters, the offenders will be moderated.

cyber's application

cyberzero at your service.

I'd like to say that I'm well known on the server, as I am a regular there, and I am a frequent poster on the forums as well. I am a driver (pseudo-moderator) and Senior TO on the server and I'd like to consider myself a dedicated member of the community. I was Assistant Topic Leader during the duration of CAP7. I've been a part of the CAP project for about a year now, and I try my best to participate in every part that I feel I can contribute to.

I've been here for a while, so I know my way around CAP well. In real life, I'm a sophomore in high school taking Honors classes as well as three Advanced Placement classes. I'm in a lot of clubs as well as the basketball team, so I feel that I'm well rounded enough to appeal to a large group of people.

I've peaked at 3rd on the CAP ladder, as well as peaked at 2nd on the Playtesting Ladder, so I know what I'm talking about when it comes to battling with the CAPs. I know the process very well, and I am up to date with every Policy Review and am available regularly enough to run the process efficiently.

Good luck to everyone else who's applying. May the best nominee win!

PS. During CAP7's Topic Leader Poll, in which I ran, there were a number of votes for me based on reasons which I personally didn't appreciate. Although I definitely appreciate the vote, please don't vote for me on the basis of this being my third time, whoever deserves a chance more, or rooting for the underdog. If you would like to vote for me, please do it on the basis of me being the most viable candidate. Thank you!

PS2. Please don't take that last paragraph as modesty, I'm just willing to take a loss if it means that we'll be getting the best TL possible.

PS3. There have been concerns about my self esteem and qualifications for running a CAP project from my username. I would like to make clear that the "zero" in cyberzero stems from the video game character from Megaman, which is shown in my avatar.

PS4. No, I am not advertising Sony. This proves it. With the kind of money they're making off the PS3, they won't be able to afford making a new one.

CyzirVisheen

Am I poplar yet?
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Even though I am a mere artist, I would like the opportunity to run a CaP project myself, so I am throwing my hat in as well. I've been with the project since its humble beginnings in Stark Mountain, and I believe I can provide a fair balanced overview of the project. I don't battle (except for randbattles), but I believe you don't have to be a battler to qualify to keep order and fairness in each of the phases of CaP8's creation. Personally I don't mind waiting for maybe CaP 10 or even 11 though, if more qualified people decide to take the wheel of current or future CaPs.

Even though this isn't the most verbose CaP tl nomination post, thanks for taking the time to read this, and may the best person win :D.

I'm posting my support for cyberzero. It's not that cyzirvisheen is not up to the job, more that I think cyber has a wealth of battling experience, some people management experience, and has contributed more to PR threads too. He deserves TLship this time.

I think its time I seriously run for this. The timing is pretty much perfect.

I've been involved in the CAP project since playtesting of Syclant, so you can say I've been here a while. I'm a moderator on the server and I'm on pretty frequently when I can be. I always try and participate in CAP, whether it's via artwork or movepool or stat spread or whatever.

I really do know how to battle well, even if my recent loss doesn't show that very well. I was number 1 on the playtesting ladder for about half of the playtesting (though dropped because I've been a bit busy in real life). I've been pretty high on the Smogon leaderboard plenty of times, topping it once or twice. I don't think I've ever laddered on CAP but I will if you guys want me to ^__^.

I'm not as busy as I used to be. My harder classes have just ended meaning I have a crapload more free time (though of course I do still have some obligations). I can be very very active in this next CAP project, probably more active than I've ever been in it.

Eh, just consider me?

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I would back up Elevator for being the topic leader. He knows how to have a good time, yet be serious at the same time, which is something that I think would make CAP8 a lot of fun. He's also pretty smart and would keep up with everything.

I'll probably be backing up Elevator Music this time around. He has the experience to get this done, and he is a strong CAP battler. He is fun-loving but knows how to be serious, as Gen E. pointed out already. The fact that he is a moderator of the CAP server as well as in #CAP (correct me if I'm mistaken) says that he is clearly a very responsible person.

Cyberzero is another great choice. He's a great CAP battler and almost became the CAP Playtesting Expert. He's also recently completely a good Policy Review thread, which I feel will make a positive change to the Concept Submissions. Obviously he knows what he's doing.

Sorry Cyber, but EM just has so much CAP experience that I feel he's overdue for being a TL. It goes without saying that I'll be supporting Cyber for CAP9 TL.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm voicing my support for cyberzero.

He's done his homework and is a great CAP Battler and community contributor. He'll do an excellent job,

EM is another fine choice, but I can pick only one and cyberzero is it.

I'd like to put up my support for cyberzero. I think he's wel rounded and decisive enough to run a smooth and efficient CAP.

I fully support cyberzero as the topic leader for CAP8. He`s a great guy to be around with and he`s extremely hard working, considering that he`s trying to make a CAP game with others if I remember correctly.

Everytime I log onto the CAP server, he`s almost always on (and I go on a lot xD) and he`s active in the main chat. Overall, I think he has all the characteristics needed to be a successful topic leader.

Good luck!

Throwing my support for the obnoxious repeating never ending mind numbing Elevator Music.

He has extensive knowledge of Pokemon as a whole and has proven it multiple ways such as tutoring and laddering. This is evidence that he would bring valuable insight to CAP8, which I feel we're going to need.

He is an excellent choice for Topic Leader and as such, he has my full support.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I support EM in this race, he's proven to be more than trustworthy and mature in his (relatively) long tenure here.

I'm supporting cyberzero because while i was looking through some of the previous threads cyberzero comes up a lot, it looks like he participates in the CaP threads frequentely and knows his way around the CaP forum.

I am supporting Elevator Music for CAP 8.

Sorry, cyber. Maybe next time.

EDIT: Still, if cyber wins, we'd definitely have a good TL.

Cyberzero has been nothing but active and involved in CaP as long as I can remember. The most important qualities of a TL are involvement and reliability in my opinion, and cyber does nothing but!

i hope i didn't hurt your self esteem too much by constantly calling you zero in this post sorry

I will be supporting cyber again for this CAP. Both canidates have a lot of experience on bith the server and in the CAP process, but this really came down to that I've seen more of Cyber in the PR threads, making his voice be heard, about what he thinks we shold do to change the process. Thats why my vote will most likely go to cyber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)