CAP 9 Prevo - Final Product

MrDollSteak

CAP 1v1 me IRL
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
And with the results of Shiny Poll 2 concluded, we have our final product for CAP 9's pre-evo, Dorsoil. Thanks to everyone who contributed to this process!

The final movepool will be decided as part of a to be announced update to all of our CAP prevo's movepools.
--

Design:

Name: Dorsoil

Typing: Ground
Abilities: Oblivious/Guts/Unnerve
Stats: 103 / 72 / 52 / 61 / 52 / 65
Movepool: TBD

Sprites:

Pokedex entries:
Dorsoil, the Sand Whale Pokémon

Diamond: DORSOIL is revered for its digging abilities. Shovels have been modeled after its fins since ancient times.

Pearl: When attacked, it shoots sand from its blowhole at the offender's eyes. It then tunnels away to safety.

Platinum: Minerals accumulate on its snout, which it uses to smash through rocks that get in its way while digging.
Height: 1.3m (4'03")
Weight: 145.0kg (319.7 lbs)
Color: White

Reasoning based on Discord discussion:
SlapperfishToday at 4:41 PM
well lets go in order of what i missed here
i was thinking slightly over half of colo's height/weight, maybe somethin like 4'7" and 726 lbs?
SlapperfishToday at 4:45 PM
actually on second thought this looks better
Height: 1.3m
Weight: 130.0kg
Color: White
SlapperfishToday at 4:46 PM
yeah white is good
id say its too light to be classified as brown
G-LukeToday at 10:08 AM
I like 144
A gross
For its weight
Nice round number
Being between Pupitar and Wailmer feels right
MrDollSteakToday at 4:47 PM
Just to confirm happy with 130? I believe Gluke suggested 144 to make it more chonky? Would you like it more like 150+?
SlapperfishToday at 4:48 PM
144 could work
not sure what the scaling weight to size ratio for most mons but i assume weight and height for prevos are typically not to scale with their evos
e.g. a prevo half the size isnt always half the weight
MrDollSteakToday at 4:53 PM
yeah that's pretty accurate slapper
mudsdale roughly doubles in height but octuples in weight for example
Alright I'm going with 145 just because there's no other pokemon that weight 144 kg
145 puts us on the same as regieleki
SlapperfishToday at 4:55 PM
dense boi

Last edited:

Slapperfish

Banned deucer.
MY BABY BOY! ^o^

Gonna be honest, when the third art poll results dropped back in late January, I could have never expected the series of personal successes that followed in the wake of that balmy Saturday morning.

Since then, I've inexplicably had more poll wins in the span of a month and a half than I have in my entire artistic CAP career, and my self-morale is all the higher because it. Thanks SO much to all the people who helped contribute to this bouncing baby beluga, and here's to bigger and brighter CAP victories in the future!

And hey, I don't think this design would have ever seen the light of day were it not for Cartoons! and his initial pixel art of Colosshale. I intentionally used it as a basis for my design because I felt it would have only been right to honor such a legendary CAP forumgoer in the form of a spiritual successor. I know I've spent the last couple paragraphs tooting my own horn, but if you're still out there bud, just know I owe this win to your amazing artistic legacy.

dex

10 wolf, 3 shepherd, 1 sheep, led leopard
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
If I could like the post I would, little buddy is such a cutie.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Pretty great process overall. Can't wait til we start doing the movepools!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)