CAP Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It wasn't really a suggestion, lol. Making splinter channels out of splinter channels is heavily discouraged, and unnecessary unless you want to make things private, where in this case you would not advertise it in the first place. If you get 4 people regularly I'm not even sure what the "let me think about it" stuff is all about lol

Ouch, point taken Plus, haha. I'm sure someone could argue that CaP battle only have the pokemon in common, but whatever.

It'll just be confusing when I say "I use Levitate and Ancient Power for my Stratagem" and someone tells me to use Power Gem instead.

I'll try getting everyone to switch, but I can't guarantee everyone will agree.

Errgg... Just beat final boss with Fidget. I swear; the hardest thing about fighting it is the bloody technicolour background. I found revvy and argho harder than him; is he meant to be better than the other characters, or is he simply meant to be an easter egg?... I'm going to go throw up now...

I'm surprised you thought Rev and Argho were hard, haha. Vitalimar is overpowered right now, but in v03 when he is a standard character, he's gonna be nerfed quite a bit.

Cartoons! We need to play more. I wanna be online too. Or I should just record replays of my matches now.

Yeah; Revvy I found hardest (got power whipped to death multiple times) until I started being really cheap (Strong air into trip; yeah I'm not very good, how could you tell?), which messed with the computer AI. After blocking the aerial, it immediately follows up with Revvy's b-mid power (lift with both hands), which flowed into him getting tripped over. Argho really annoyed me simply because he kept knocking me into corners and bouncing me off the walls with mach punch. I found Strategem the easiest, funnily enough, since it folded in a few shots and the computer isn't good at keeping its distance.

Question for Cartoons!/other people that may be able to answer: Why are there Kitsunoh and Cyclohm player data files in the game, but no evidence of them being fightable/playable. Unlockable perhaps, or maybe some ridiculous Akuma-esque challenge fighters?

@IceBug Cyclohm and Kitsunoh weren't even closed to finished when v02 came out. Now Kit is done and Cyclohm is in the works.

C! said it's progressing well, but it's still got some work to do. Didn't give me any dates or anything.

Also, Argho is getting some buffs. New move "Mega Punch" and maybe some faster moves.

This is awesome. It is a pity I don't have something of my own to play it on, but so far I'm really loving it. The added cut-scenes are awesome and I'm dying to know about that final boss. And secretly also how Kitsunoh and Cyclome look like in action. Though I'm rather sure that everyone here is beyond anxious for a video of testing those.

I just got this game, and, after beating everyone on breezin', I just beat sweatin' with Pyroak. I really hated Arghonaut because whenever I faced him, he just cornered me with Mach Punch and comboed me against the wall :(.

I have a question about the final boss. Is it a former CAP entry, or is it something entirely new? I don't think he was THAT hard, although the lights and the moving stage kinda threw me off (but I was lucky enough to beat him on the first try).

I just got this game, and, after beating everyone on breezin', I just beat sweatin' with Pyroak. I really hated Arghonaut because whenever I faced him, he just cornered me with Mach Punch and comboed me against the wall :(.

I have a question about the final boss. Is it a former CAP entry, or is it something entirely new? I don't think he was THAT hard, although the lights and the moving stage kinda threw me off (but I was lucky enough to beat him on the first try).
It's one of Cartoons!'s entries that didn't win. I think it was for the CaP we now know as Arghonaut, but I don't remember completely. You'd probably do better to look it up it the CaP section of the site.

@ thebattleax: Yeah, it was Cartoons's entry for Arghonaut.

I found the reason Strata's APower stops working! If the APower leaves the screen without breaking/being blocked, it won't work for the Stratagem that used it anymore. A new strategy/AT to mess against Strata? Don't try dodging it too much, or Stratagem will punish.

Tort, go to the folder you unzipped the game to and run game.exe
If you want to play online, open Lunaport, instructions are elaborated upon in the OP.

I want to say you can look forward to new character vids soon

...but that really isn't the case!

Not until I'm satisfied enough with what I have to show it off.

In the mean time, some people have told me they've recorded some matches on Lunaport. If you'd like, upload them to megaupload or rapidshare and send them to me, I'd be glad to put them up on Youtube.

After playing a few online matches and lots of Local games, I'm thoroughly enjoying this game, although while playing with Strata, I've noticed Toe Pinch to also suddenly stop working, and Pyroak's projectiles not coming out although I'm certain that I'm pressing the buttons correctly (it comes out some times). Any one know anything?

P.S, How long until V0.3, and I'm assuming there will be Kit, Cyclohm and the Secret Boss? ;D

EDIT: Seems to be happening with Energy Ball too from the games I've played (local). Hopefully it's not just my poor button pressing skills...

I'm glad you're immersing yourself in the multiplayer aspect of the game william.
Gem's AncientPower and Pyroak's Energyballs will sometimes stop working if they exit the side of the screen without having dissipated or hit something. It's a problem I've corrected for V.03, which probably still won't see release for a good number of weeks. I don't want to give a more specific date as it really depends on the time I have to work on the game.

Will Colossoil be available?

BTW, I had an idea: How about you create a "Dojo" level where you can really just play sandbox and practice your skills? (I still can't figure out how to make Syclant Blizzard...)

There's this one thing, Syclant might need improving. I mean, in Sweatin', I beat the whole game without losing once with Pyroak, losing several times with Stratagem and Fidgit, but with Syclant I had to try 25~ times, just to beat Fidgit, and only cause I spammed aerial strong before it could easy grab me. Some slight revamps would be nice

@DKG Syclant is my secondary character, and I can say, he's much better against humans over computers. His controls are a bit jumbled, and I still accidentally pull off the wrong moves occasionally, but if you have reflexes, he's great against people. Against computers, he has a hard time since their reflexes are nearly instantaneous.

A good strategy I found against people (it worked pretty well against Lurker and Cartoons) is to continuously trip the opponent, and Syclant's far reaching and long lasting trip and Double Team is perfect for this.

You trip them once, as they get up, trip them again. The only way for them to block the next trip is to hold down and block. As they don't want to be tripped again, they'll probably try it. Double Team to avoid it, and trip them from the other side.

It's all mind games from then on. Me and C! had a Syclant ditto that had our different playstyles and shows this tech, but I dunno if C! recorded it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)