CAP Fanart Thread

Quanyails

is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor Alumnus

Paint Roller Necturna by Legitimate Username.

Got fanart of your favorite CAP creations you'd like to share with the community? Post it here! All art mediums are welcome. This includes drawings, paintings, sprites, sculpture, 3D models, mixed media, you name it! Silly posts are allowed, but please keep your post high-quality! If you share something here, it might be picked up for promotional purposes by CAP Social Media. ;)

This is NOT the place to submit art designs during a CAP process. There is a separate thread for CAP art design submissions per CAP cycle.

This is NOT the place to post your personal fakemon! If you want to share your personal fakemon designs, proceed to this thread.

This oil painting was finished recently, but I had a hard time remembering to work on it since January until then.

ZardX, can those be the April Fool's Day sprites for the CAPmons? They definitely look like they're done in that style.

ZardX, can those be the April Fool's Day sprites for the CAPmons? They definitely look like they're done in that style.
Hope so, and I hope they replace some of the current ones like Poorly drawn Voodoom or Paint Roller Necturna with Fregdoom or Suanecturna

Quanyails

is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
The CAP Discord server recently wrapped up another art contest! This time, we designed and voted on CAP gijinkas. Here are everyone's amazing designs, ordered by the # of points they got in voting.

RankingUserDesign 1Design 2
1st place (100 points)StephXPM (Equilibra)
image18.png
2nd place (97 points)Golurk (Volkraken), Sunfished (Kerfluffle, Pluffle)
image15.jpg
image10.png
4th place (90 points)Gravity Monkey (Mollux)
image16.png
5th place (86 points)Sunfished (Aurumoth)
image12.png
6th place (84 points)Quanyails (Stratagem)
image23.png
7th place (83 points)Darek (Plasmanta), Darek (Pajantom)
image22.png
image26.png
9th place (81 points)Gravity Monkey (Krilowatt)
image11.png
10th place (80 points)Shadowshocker (Naviathan, Arghonaut, Cawmodore)
image3.jpg
11th place (79 points)Quanyails (Kitsunoh)
image24.png
12th place (75 points)AmamamA (Plasmanta), Magistrum (Plasmanta)
image14.jpg
image1.jpg
14th place (74 points)Gravity Monkey (Revenankh)
image25.png
15th place (73 points)Gravity Monkey (Jumbao)
image29.png
16th place (72 points)Zephyr2007 (Scratchet, Tomohawk)
image4.png
17th place (66 points)Mos-Quitoxe (Mollux)
image20.png
18th place (64 points)Slapperfish (Arghonaut)
image6.png
19th place (63 points)20Yelram02 (Kitsunoh)
image28.jpg
20th place (61 points)Zephyr2007 (Astrolotl, Solotl)
image5.png
21st place (47 points)Gleeboop (Kerfluffle)
image8.png

In addition, you can see some other designs people made here that weren't put into voting!

Personally, I just want to say that I learned a lot about human character design through this art prompt. It was really motivating to see your designs and figuring out how to compete with them. :)

Edit: For future reference, here is a link to the message on Discord for the start of the contest.

Last edited:
So this was my first time actively attempting to gijinka, and after doing Arghonaut I decided to add a sketch of Cawmodore - then thought, what the hell, let's throw in Naviathan for a third salty seadog. (I'd later realised I'd essentially illustrated a history of naval leaders from left to right.)

Cawmodore for some reason turned out to be the most popular of the CAPtains, and my hand slipped a couple times afterwards.

"Cawmodore attempts a sweep"

CAP_Pirates_Supporting_1.jpg

"Cawmodore's attempt is disrupted"
CAP_Pirates_Supporting_2.jpg

"An episode of The Marvelous Misadventures of Krilowatt"
HelloIamGru.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)