CaP Prevo - Nohface - Stats Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Hey all!

We're making real headway now on Nohface! We've got some new artwork on the way and now we also have some abilities!

Kitsunoh was designed around being able to scout effectively and that left it with the following stats:

80/103/85/55/80/110 BST: 513

What would you like our pure Ghost type to be able to do? Let's get going with some stats subs! Please give some reasoning to your answer as we will be looking at that when considering slates! We will be open for Final Submissions form thread open!

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Final Submission

50 HP / 73 Atk / 40 Def / 45 SpA / 55 SpD / 70 Spe
333 BST

Here is my submission for Nohface, the spread is essentially a scaled down version of Kitsunoh, as I don't think Nohface's design exudes any differing bias from its evolution, unlike say Justyke or Solotl. Nothing much more to add, other than ig Mandibuzz being an inspiration for the stat deductions.

Last edited:
Final Submission

60 HP / 53 Atk / 65 Def / 35 SpA / 70 SpD / 50 Spe
333 BST

I decided that for my submission I would try to go for a more defensive, passive style for Nohface, as if Nohface is stalking it’s prey. I also decided to take 180 BST away overall, similar to Drilbur, another Pokémon that evolves into a secondary Steel-type. A nice bonus is that this leaves the BST at 333, which is a pretty cool number. I decided to make it more specially defensive than physically defensive as the idea is that it becomes physically leaning defensively when it evolves. The idea is that Nohface is a more passive Pokémon that is moreso reactionary in attacking as opposed to its evolved form, which is much more aggressive. While defunct, the old sprite for Nohface made me think of a cat staring out the window, watching for birds. While I understand the line is based on kitsune, I do at least get some feline vibes off of Kitsunoh with the claws and all, so I felt it would only make sense to imbue Nohface with that watching and waiting mentality, striking at the best opportunity. It scouts the opponent passively, if that makes sense.

Last edited:
Final Submission

50/63/40/45/45/90 BST: 333

I basically went the exact opposite direction Reviloja did and decided to make Nohface a complete speed demon, one of the fastest unevolved pokemon in the game. I figured those masks might weigh it down some so its speed only increases a bit on evolution, but its defenses see a massive hike (presumably justified as it using the steel masks to protect itself). The idea of this little thing just chasing down its prey, with that freaky little beady-eyed stare glowing from the darkness keeping up with them no matter how hard they try to run... It fits, I think.

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

CAP 1v1 me IRL
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Final Submission

50/73/50/30/50/80 BST: 333

Pretty similar to some of the other options here, basically just -30 in every single stat with 5 moved from Defense into Sp. Atk to make the defenses more equal. The idea of its defense stat being higher than the other two makes slightly less sense without it being a Steel-type with the masks.

Final Submission

40/53/40/30/40/70 BST: 273

-40/-50/-45/-25/-40/-40 (-240)

Honestly, I just wanted to give it the same BST difference as Riolu and Lucario because of how their typing situation is pretty much the same, they have a similar design and they're from the same gen. I reckon it'd be cool. The end result is, admittedly, very low. That's not to say it doesn't make sense, Nohface is just a little shadow cat, and I feel that creating some lore between two lines is more important than the competitive viability of a Prevo.

Last edited:
Final Submission

35/48/30/40/45/85 BST: 283

-45/-55/-55/-15/-35/-25 (-230)

The goal of this statline is to really highlight the strengths that Kitsunoh has once it evolves. Its far lower physical defense is because it lacks the same Steel plating of it's evolution, and its much lower attack emphasizes how much less fierce it is an a predator. The stats that drop far less are those which are comparable between Nohface and Kitsunoh, namely its Speed, which remains high, its Special Attack, which remains low, and its Special Defense, which is left high relative to its defense similar to a few other fragile ghost types like Drifloon and Gastly as well as to sort of justify it's even bulk once evolved via it's existing boon in the stat.

WIP

50/63/55/25/40/80: 313

(-30)/(-40)/(-30)/(-30)/(-40)/(-30)

I mainly just decreased all of its stats by 30 or 40 to make it generally a weaker Kitsunoh. I also might've been overanalyzing it, but I've notived Kitsunoh's BST ends with 13, which I thought was becuase its a ghost and thus unlucky, so I made my Nohface BST also end in 13.

Final Submission

50/63/55/25/40/80: 313

(-30)/(-40)/(-30)/(-30)/(-40)/(-30)

I mainly just decreased all of its stats by 30 or 40 to make it generally a weaker Kitsunoh. I also might've been overanalyzing it, but I've notived Kitsunoh's BST ends with 13, which I thought was becuase its a ghost and thus unlucky, so I made my Nohface BST also end in 13.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)