CAP Prevo - Protowatt - Stats Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
All right, let's get stats for Krilowatt's pre-evolution! Here are Krilowatt's stats, for reference.

151 / 84 / 73 / 83 / 74 / 105

Make sure to add Final Submission to the top of your submission when it is ready.

You have 72 hours to make your final submissions!

--

Design:

Main art:

Typing: Electric/Water
Abilities: Trace/Magic Guard/Minus

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Final Submission

101 HP / 54 Atk / 43 Def / 53 SpA / 44 SpD / 55 Spe
350 BST

Last edited:
Final Submission

81 / 54 / 33 / 53 / 34 / 75 = 330 BST

Decided to make this babey relatively frail, only gaining the huge bulk upon evolving. It works well with Chinchou's total as well, as they both share an Electric/Water typing no matter the order.

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

CAP 1v1 me IRL
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Final Submission

101 / 43 / 44 / 44 / 43 / 55

BST: 330

Even though this baby looks tiny and small, considering Krilowatt's gargantuan BST it was quite difficult shaving off enough while preserving its relative flavour. I've approached this from the perspective of roughly keeping its HP, Speed relatively proportional to its other stats, although with reduced offensive potential, and its physical and special characteristics swapped slightly. A BST of 330 also makes it equal to Chinchou which I think is an acceptable comparison, although it does embarrass Lanturn a lot.

Last edited:

dex

Give my perception as a handle of weapon
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission

116 / 54 / 48 / 53 / 49 / 75

BST: 395

I used a similarly HP heavy 2-stage mon, Snorlax, as the basis for the stat changes. I made it a little different than the Munchlax to Snorlax change because Kril is such a speedy boy, but it follows pretty well. Considering Kril has a pretty high BST, I'm ok with a BST approaching 400.

WIP

55 / 10 / 30 / 20 / 35 / 50

BST: 200

Based off of similarly weak looking designs such as Wishiwashi, Toxel, and Magikarp, who share the same type and later become Pokemon with much larger BSTs in a single evolution/form change, and Caterpie, Weedle, Scatterbug, and Wurmple, who have similar body types.

MrDollSteak

CAP 1v1 me IRL
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
WIP

55 / 10 / 30 / 20 / 35 / 50

BST: 200

Based off of similarly weak looking designs such as Wishiwashi, Toxel, and Magikarp, who share the same type and later become Pokemon with much larger BSTs in a single evolution/form change, and Caterpie, Weedle, Scatterbug, and Wurmple, who have similar body types.
I love this approach! It's very unique.

May I just make the suggestion that you aim for a BST of between 230 and 270 though? Currently Feebas and Magikarp have the biggest BST jump as a result of evolution with 340, going from 200 to 540. Because Krilowatt has a BST of 570, your spread would become the new biggest jump. This isn't a major problem per se, but just something I thought I'd bring up with you as a possible consideration!

Slapperfish

Banned deucer.
Final Submission

40 / 33 / 15 / 43 / 34 / 65

BST: 230

Hey look, my first stat sub! Going with a similar lowball approach to the BST as Binacleisthebest, I felt that Protowatt's access to two great abilities in Trace and Magic Guard could best be offset by babymon stats, even before their spread was posted. I went with a stat spread inspired by baby Pokemon like Pichu, with serviceable speed and a paper-thin Defense stat, given the fact that this thing looks fairly delicate. As Dollsteak pointed out, a minimum BST of 230 better fits the jump in stats, so I decided not to go too far with the difference in BST.

Last edited:
Final Submission

51 / 44 / 33 / 43 / 34 / 65

BST: 270

I agree with the idea of Protowatt being a low stat baby. When it evolves it gains a flat +100 to HP, with +40 in every other stat. This gives it a nice +300 upon evolution

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)