CAP Server Mini-Tournament Rules Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Time Mage said:
I'll tell you what is wrong with your approach: The vast majority of the competitive players want a "No scouting" rule. Not only that, but also that rule has been a DEFAULT rule for all the tournaments held in this website.
For the big tourneys i agree, but in the MT's players are a lot more interested in haveing fun than avoiding small disadavanteges, and the few who do care about battle watching can simply ask for people not to watch.

Time Mage said:
Consider that it's easier to default the "No scouting" rule, and then add something like "If you don't care about people watching your match, specify it". Because I guarantee that the vast majority of the participants in the mini-tournaments will ask for no scouting if you keep the rules as you want.
I strongly disagree with both of these points, haveing a battle watching is alowed unless someone asks you not to is easyer to inforce and has the support of the VAST majority of MT players.
Almost all the players have said they do not mind people watching their battles, I have not seen a single person ask someone to leave or not to join their battle. The players have said that if someone asks them to not to join or to leave then they will.

Time Mage said:
So, banning scouting unless otherwise specified by the players prevents a lot of needless text in the main chat, as well as providing a more standard and accepted approach to the tournaments.
I dissagree, it discorages people from watching battles, slows the pace of MT's, needlessly complicates the rules, is unnesicery and unwanted by those who it affects.

DJD said:
I suggest we settle this with a simple poll.
hmmm..... maybe..
DJD said:
If there are people on the server that don't have Smogon accounts, then that's too bad. The server is an extension of this project, not vice versa. The fact that we have Shoddy players that frequent our server without participating in the project is fine, but we are not going to cater to their opinions here. If they want to weigh in on this subject, they need to get an account and vote.
But the MT's are not directly a part of smogon, only the scoreboard and rules are here all the players are members of the shoddy server and it is them who the rule affects.

SO EVEN IF I ASK THEM NOT TO, THEY STILL WON'T GET DQ'd FOR WATCHING MY BATTLE?
no need for the oversize letters, anyway if you want I will change it to an auto DQ if they enter your battle and you have asked. repeted offence (3 in a week) will result in a week ban from MT's. how does that sound to you?

Whatever. No offense to you personally, but this whole thing is a complete joke and I will not waste my time on a server that doesn't understand the obvious problems with scouting. Have fun with your "fun" Mini Tourneys, but keep in mind I will have a very hard time taking the CaP project seriously until things change.
I understand that you know much about competive bettleing and how big tournaments work but you must understand that MT's work totaly differently, if you want to try a few you may see this, ask people not to join your battles if you want but i think it odd that you have such a strong opinion about somethig you have never tryed. Also WTH about not takeing CAP seriously just 'cos you disagree with one rule? The MT's are a very small part of the project just on the server for a bit of fun.

DJD said:
A straight two-choice poll should suffice. One option should be the option presented by eric here. The second option is a direct copy of the scouting rule implemented by other Smogon tournaments. Does anyone have a problem with a poll?
I do. People who have had experince of normal tourneys but not MT's will almost all vote for a "no scouting rule" when they have little or no idea how the dynamics of a mini tournament works. I will go for a poll if only those who have been in at least 2 MT's can vote (or only those who have won at least one as I have not kept records of who enters MT's), otherwise the figures will not be reprisentive of those who have the infomation to make a valid choice.

sorry if i have offended anyone with my opinions in this thread, i would have agreed to a "no scouting rule" very quickly if the people on the server had taken the same opinion as those here.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
People who have had experince of normal tourneys but not MT's will almost all vote for a "no scouting rule" when they have little or no idea how the dynamics of a mini tournament works. I will go for a poll if only those who have been in at least 2 MT's can vote (or only those who have won at least one as I have not kept records of who enters MT's), otherwise the figures will not be reprisentive of those who have the infomation to make a valid choice.
People will vote for a no-scouting rule BECAUSE IT'S FAIR. It won't discourage people to watch a good battle, if you're not in the tournament you can watch at any time, and when you lose you can watch. I agree with Time Mage that we should vote on this, and I think that either you or I should make the poll now, before Revenankh comes out.

eric the espeon

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
People will vote for a no-scouting rule BECAUSE IT'S FAIR. It won't discourage people to watch a good battle, if you're not in the tournament you can watch at any time, and when you lose you can watch. I agree with Time Mage that we should vote on this, and I think that either you or I should make the poll now, before Revenankh comes out.
Total fairness at the expence of what most people want is not a trade I think we should make, however with the pressure of everyone in this thread I must exept a vote.
I will make and post one tomorow.

i think my system is more easy to understand, and only alowing 8 player tourneys is a bad idea IMO 4 player ones are much easyer to organise and sometimes there are not enough people for 8 player one.

ahh i expected someone to say this, i also ment to write up my resoning in the OP but i did not have time yesterday so here it is:
Leting people watch their oponents battles serves a dual purpose:
1. it encourages people to get their battles done faster in three ways, they want to avoid leting the oponent seeing a bit of their team (and may want to see the oponents team) and more importaintly if you are watching your oponents battle you know who wins and can challenge them as soon as they finish reduceing the gap between battles. The third thing is it stops people from starting a diferent battle, as they can watch an interesting battle with their oponent in.
2. It induces a sence of community, well i think so anyway, i have seen as many as 10 people watching the same battle (and ofter 3-4 commenting on it) this gives the players incentive to play their best and makes it diferent from a standerd match where your oponent is picked at random and all you say is "hi" "gg" and the odd "HAXOR".

Normaly a person joining a battle would only see 2-4 of each persons Pokemon, and they would have to keep track of who had whitch, its not that much of an advantage in reality.

Also it would be hard to stop if we tryed to enforce it, TO's would have to watch every battle and explain to each person the caught why they cant watch the battles.

thats why.

Have you even been in a Mini Tourney? i dont think you have been in one of mine..... participate in a few first, then maybe.

I need opinions about if i should include Tenisssace's 16 player Mono Type tourney, i would say yes and give 4 points to the winner (Five) but i want to know what you lot think.
I meant can I participate in one? I don't know where the thread for signing-up is, if you give me a link to a thread that'll be fine

eric the espeon

I meant can I participate in one? I don't know where the thread for signing-up is, if you give me a link to a thread that'll be fine
The MT sign ups all happen on the CaP server, they happen whenever a Tourney Organiser feels like doing one so just spend some time on the server, maybe ask if there are any TO's about and one will start, a TO will post "sign up for a mini tourney" on the main chat of the server and you just say that you want to play. They are a spur of the moment kinda thing.

tennisace

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Total fairness at the expence of what most people want is not a trade I think we should make
Actually, i did an impromptu poll on the server and most people said no to scouting, so i dont know what you think most people want, but from what i can see, its not scouting.

eric the espeon

Even though i disagree with it i have (am adding) a no scouting rule, i am leaveing tomorow for 2 days and want this thing over. I may reopen discutions and start a poll when I return.

eric the espeon

I would like someone to help me to write a Mini Tourney FAQ and a explanation of why we do mini tourneys, also my guides are kinda crap can someone help me rewrite them?

Please post here if you can help.

tennisace

i can do that for you, but it would have to be tomorrow because tonight im busy, and right now im at school. would that be okay? becaue then doug can add it to the sticky, delete the other posts, and lock it.

eric the espeon

i can do that for you, but it would have to be tomorrow because tonight im busy, and right now im at school. would that be okay?
Yes thank you that would help a lot, take whatever time you need.

becaue then doug can add it to the sticky, delete the other posts, and lock it.
The MT sticky is kept unlocked so I can update it, so you can post what you write here let people look over it then I will add it.

you can't really make a no scouting rule since people can just make alts but it's generally frowned upon.

tennisace

if someone did that, they would have to either A. be insane, and/or B. an ubern00b. dont give them ideas gorm =P

edit: oooo shiny badge congrats

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
Well, I have organized nearly ten tournaments during my past four days as a Tournament organizer, and I personally feel the no scouting rule is necessary, for obvious reasons. Of course, if tennisace0227 or some other mod isn't on to enforce it, I usually watch each match myself not only to stop scouting but to verify the results. Of course, the downside to that is that I end up scouting myself since I fight in the final match. It's a tough compromise, but winning the tournament is more important than winning the final match.

Also, I think all TO's should be required to state the rules of the tournamemt before starting one. Often times, I have found that people forget that the rules are and end up breaking them accidentally (Scouting, Level Balance, Using Ubers, etc).

tennisace

I'm kinda the only mod who enforces the no scouting and even then sometimes I don't. Most know the rules, and if someone is breaking them I usually find out immediately. I also don't post the rules but will say something like Standard Tourny. I'll include this in my guide.

eric the espeon

Well, I have organized nearly ten tournaments during my past four days as a Tournament organizer,
yea you are a very active TO.

and I personally feel the no scouting rule is necessary, for obvious reasons.
fine.

Of course, if tennisace0227 or some other mod isn't on to enforce it, I usually watch each match myself not only to stop scouting but to verify the results. Of course, the downside to that is that I end up scouting myself since I fight in the final match. It's a tough compromise, but winning the tournament is more important than winning the final match.
mmmm..... I can see your problem, but I agree that wining the MT is more important than the FC, you could ask the people before joining the battle if you want.

Also, I think all TO's should be required to state the rules of the tournamemt before starting one. Often times, I have found that people forget that the rules are and end up breaking them accidentally (Scouting, Level Balance, Using Ubers, etc).
I disagree I think saying Standard OU tourney is enough for almost all people, if someone uses Ubers DQ, them if they put the wrong clauses make them redo their battles.

I'm kinda the only mod who enforces the no scouting and even then sometimes I don't. Most know the rules, and if someone is breaking them I usually find out immediately. I also don't post the rules but will say something like Standard Tourny. I'll include this in my guide.
Its true that not many enforce the no scouting rule, but if a participant asks for it most will enforce.

Great about the guide ten! Hope its going well.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Well, I have organized nearly ten tournaments during my past four days as a Tournament organizer, and I personally feel the no scouting rule is necessary, for obvious reasons. Of course, if tennisace0227 or some other mod isn't on to enforce it, I usually watch each match myself not only to stop scouting but to verify the results. Of course, the downside to that is that I end up scouting myself since I fight in the final match. It's a tough compromise, but winning the tournament is more important than winning the final match.

Perhaps the TO could appoint a designated "Scout", a person not in the tournament who monitors all battles to ensure the no-scouting rule is enforced. Generally, there are plenty of people on the server and most are willing to help. Perhaps "Scout" could be a training position/proving ground for future TO's.

eric the espeon

Perhaps the TO could appoint a designated "Scout", a person not in the tournament who monitors all battles to ensure the no-scouting rule is enforced. Generally, there are plenty of people on the server and most are willing to help. Perhaps "Scout" could be a training position/proving ground for future TO's.
mmm.... I think thats unnecessarily complicated, it would be simpler to just not watch unless the battlers are ok with it.

If someone has problems with scouting they will tell you and then you can take appropriate action.

Bass

Brother in arms
Ok, now that I have 12 standard mini-tournaments under my belt, I would like to present an idea I just recently tested out in my latest tournament.

What I am talking about is simply a tag team tournament. I mainly based this off of the tag-team tournaments on the Marriland forums (themselves based on multi-team smogon tournaments). They were successful on Wi-Fi, so I wanted to see if it could work as a mini-tournament. So indeed I hosted one, using these rules:

-To enter, each player must form a team with another player and PM the TO the name of their team-mate to enter. Rules were OU/Standard.

-The player size is four teams, two people per team, making eight players total.

-Next, one member of each team is assigned as "captain". When the TO states the pairings, they will pair them by teams. The pairings will address them as "team captain" to keep organization simple.

-Once pairings are decided, the players decide amongst themselves who from each team they will face. In order to advance, a team must get two wins. (One player on each team battling the other). If there is a tie in the number of wins, a sudden death battle between the winning players on each team will decide which team advances to the next round.

-The team that wins must decide which player goes on to the final challenge. Only one player participates.

Aside from a small pairing error for a sudden death round, the tournament went along quite smoothly, and the participants are eagerly waiting for the next one.

The reason I am posting this is not only to give you guys an easier reference for keeping track of wins when I do a tag team tournament, but also to help anyone else who wishes to make an attempt at this. So if possible, could this information be added to the main mini-tournament topic for easier reference?

Any suggestions are welcome.

eric the espeon

Hmmmm.. that sounds a bit complicated but if you can do them I would say they should be included on the scoreboard, I think spiting the points would be the best way (so for your 8 player with teams of 2 each player in the winning team would get 1).

Do you want me to add your exact post under the title "guide for organizing team tournaments"?

Bass

Brother in arms
Hmmmm.. that sounds a bit complicated but if you can do them I would say they should be included on the scoreboard, I think spiting the points would be the best way (so for your 8 player with teams of 2 each player in the winning team would get 1).

Do you want me to add your exact post under the title "guide for organizing team tournaments"?
Yes, if you add this to the main guide, I suggest simply copying/pasting the information I wrote with the dashes.

eric the espeon

I have updated the sticky with Bass's FAQ (I added some extra questions, and tennisace0227 made a few changes)

Mini-Tournament FAQ
By Bass, Eric the Espeon and Tennisace0227

Greetings to all patrons of Doug’s Create-a-Pokemon project, since eric needs help in writing a more comprehensive guide for our server’s age old favorite pastime that is Mini-Tournaments, with nearly fifteen of them under my belt, I would like to help out by answering some frequently asked questions about them.

Guide for Tournament participants:
Q: What is a mini-tournament?
A: A mini-tournament is exactly what its name implies. It is a relatively small and casual tournament ranging from four to sixteen players. It isn’t like a traditional tournament on Smogon that lasts for a few weeks, but rather a short and simple tournament that lasts for usually fifteen to thirty minutes. It’s a long-standing tradition on Doug’s Create-a-Pokemon server that flourishes in part to the closeness and dedication of the Create-a-Pokemon community.

Q: How do I enter a mini-tournament?
A: Simple. Wait for an approved TO to type in the main chat that they are starting a tournament. If you are in the middle of a battle, a mod or driver may assist the TO and wall (send a message to all users) that a tournament is about to start. If you plan on entering, simply give them a PM (Right click the TO’s name on the users list and select “Private Message”.) and tell them that you want to enter the tournament. If there are spots left, the TO should PM you a confirmation that you are in the tournament. Some TO's use a different method of signing up, they will say "Sign up in the main chat" if they say that you dont need to PM them, just send a message in the main chat saying you want to sign up.

Q: Wait, what’s a TO?
A: A TO is a tournament organizer. For more information on how to become one, see the second section of this guide.

Q: What are the rules?
A: The rules of a tournament are always up to the TO. However, if they do not state any rules, then, and I cannot emphasize this enough, Always assume the rules are Standard/OU tier.

Q: What are the standard rules?
A: Whenever you battle an opponent in a standard/OU tournament, make sure the following clauses are checked:
Evasion Clause: ON
Extended Game: OFF is better but does not matter.
Freeze Clause: ON is better but does not matter.
Item Clause: OFF
Level Balance: OFF
OHKO Clause: ON
Random Battle: OFF
Sleep Clause: ON
Species Clause: ON is better but does not matter.
Strict Damage Clause: OFF is better but it does not matter.
Timed Battle: ON, to ensure all battles are completed in a reasonable amount of time.
Self-KO Clause: (Not actually programmed into shoddy)
No Ubers (Refer to Smogon tier lists. “Limbo” is considered OU for the sake of simplicity).
In addition to these clauses, NO SCOUTING has become a mandatory rule.

Q: IT’S OVER 9000!!!!!!111111… Wait, what is scouting?
A: Scouting is when a player that is participating in the tournament is intentionally watching a battle between other players in the tournament in order to get an idea of what team they are using. This gives the “scouter” an unfair advantage since they would have an idea of what they would be going up against in later rounds. If you are caught in this act, you will be given a warning to leave the battle. If you do not heed it, you will be disqualified indefinitely. Note that if you have been eliminated or are not in the tourney, it is perfectly fine to watch any remaining battles in the tournament.

Q: Are you allowed to use the new Pokemon in the Mini Tournaments?
A: Of course. Its the CaP server so you may use them unless the rules for that Tourney do not permit it, an example would be a UU tourney, all CaP Pokemon are considered OU.

Q: What if I didn’t enter the tournament in time?
A: All you can do is wait for another tournament to start. Some TO’s might grant you permission to join as a sub so if a player does not show up for their match you can take their place. .

Q: Ok, so can you explain to me the structure of each tournament?
A: After enough people have entered, the TO will post random pairings for the first round. Once you know who your opponent is, it is your responsibility to communicate an with him or her IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE TO SAYS “BEGIN!” After each player battles their opponent, they must inform the TO of the result. Once all results are in, the losers are eliminated and the pairings for the next round are posted, this process repeats until one winner is left standing.

Q: Is there any prize for winning?
A: There is no real prize for winning a mini-tournament other than heightened fame and glory…for about five minutes, some TOs will send a /wall announcing your victory and your place on the leaderboard. (Tennisace0227 gives cookies to winners. However, he holds all the cookies in a secret underground base.) The whole purpose of a mini-tournament is to have fun. True glory, however, goes to the player that wins their final challenge.

Q: What’s a final challenge?
A: A final challenge is a final battle that the winner of the tournament must compete in. The opponent is usually the TO, though the TO is allowed to designate anyone he or she wants as the final challenge opponent. Winning nets you twice the glory, of course.

Q: I won a Tourney but my points have not been added...
A: This is a big problem if this has happened to you please talk to the TO who did the tourney and remind them to tell me. If you have done this (and waited a reasonable amount of time for them to send it and me to update) and your points have not been added contact me or one of the veteran TOs and we will talk to the TO involved.

Q: I cant win anything... what should I do?
A: Read some of Smogons guides, and play a lot until you get better. You could also sign up to the Smogon tutor/apprentice program, it can help a lot.

Q: The TO left in the middle of a tourney...
A: TOs should NEVER leave without finishing the tourney unless they can find someone to take over the running of the tourney. Try to ask a different TO to run it, if none are around then the tourney is pretty much over... sorry.

Q: Is there a leaderboard?
A: Yes there is. Rankings on the leaderboard are determined by a point system. 1, 2, and 4 points are rewarded for winning four, eight, and sixteen player tournaments respectively. Final challenge wins are worth an additional bonus point and are separate from main tournament points. It is the TO’s responsibility to PM eric the espeon and keep the results up to date. If they forget, PM the TO remind them.

Guide for Tournament Organizers (TOs):

Q: What is a TO?
A: A tournament organizer is a user approved by Doug’s Create-a-Pokemon administration to organize mini-tournaments.

Q: Why should I become a TO?
A: Since Mini-Tournaments cannot begin without the presence of a TO, users of the CAP server will greatly appreciate it when you give up some of your time to host a tournament. You will grow more involved in the CAP server as a whole, and in turn, you will gain the respect of many users.

Q: How do I become a TO?
A: The process is relatively simple. PM eric the espeon (on Doug’s Server or Smogon) if you are interested in becoming a TO. You will probably become approved and added to the list as long as you have been somewhat active in mini-tournaments,please dont PM him if you have not been in any MT's.

Q: YEAAAAAH! I AM A TO!!!!!!!!!1111 Uhh, wait, what do I do next?
A: Indeed, now that you are a TO, you are probably unsure of how to make the best use of your newly acquired privilege. Here are some additional rules/tips that TO’s should follow.
  • Before starting a tournament, always, and I mean always, STATE THE RULES. I have had several problems in the past where users were unclear about what the rules of the tournament were, and some battles had to be redone. Even if it’s a standard tourney, say it.
  • Now look at what is going on in the server. How many people are on? Pay close attention and determine how big your tournament should be. Don’t try to start an eight-man tournament if only a few people are on, and never start a four-man tournament when a lot of people are on, or else you’ll have a lot of disappointing customers.
  • Next, in CAPS (If you are an approved TO, the moderators won’t mind), type “PM ME TO JOIN (4, 8, or 16) MAN TOURNEY”, At the best case scenario, the required number of people will have read your message and immediately join. However, this is usually not the case. If you are having trouble at attracting participants, than you can ask a moderator or a driver to wall “PM (TO) to join tourney”, since walling will send your message to all users. Sometimes you will not be able to get enough people for the size of tourney you planed if so make it smaller and if you cant find 4 people its not a good time for an MT.
  • Once you have enough people, you will need to create pairings. DO NOT CLOSE YOUR PMs. Keeping PM tabs up helps you keep track of who is in the tournament. There are several pairing generators available, including Smogon made ones in the Tournament forum. If you cannot download them, then do your best to make the pairings on the top of your head. Try to avoid prejudice in your decisions.
  • State the pairings in the Main Chat. Again in CAPS. (Anything you type in the main chat related to your tournament should be in CAPS). Then give the players the cue to start by saying “BEGIN!”
  • At this point, sit tight and wait for the battles to finish. It is recommended that you watch each battle to see if everything is going smoothly. Make sure everyone PM’s you their results. If players don’t start their battles, remind them who their opponent is through PM. You can also highlight key battles in the main chat to attract spectators.
  • If things aren’t working out, be assertive! Act tough! Remind the participants that you are the boss, but be sure to remain calm and act in your best judgment to resolve any disputes. Usually, you should disqualify any player that is caught breaking the rules. If someone leaves without having their battle give them about a minute to return (it may be connection problems). If you DQ someone try to find a sub to replace them, do not use people who were/are in the tourney as subs.
  • Once the first round of battles is complete, verify the winners through your PM’s. Then state your next set of pairings, and repeat until a winner is decided.
  • Now, as the TO, you must face the winner in the final challenge battle, following the same rules that your participants followed.
  • Once the tournament is over, PM eric the espeon the results so the leaderboard gets updated. It is your responsibility to be honest about the results. Always include the following in your PM:
  • Number of Players
  • Main Tournament Winner
  • Final Challenge Winner
As you host more tournaments, memorizing this procedure should become second nature to you. But a few questions remain.

Q: Can I host a tournament while another one is going on?
A: While there is no rule that prevents you from doing so, it is common courtesy to wait your turn before starting a tournament. It makes it easier for the TO that is running the tournament in progress to keep track of results, as well as give more opportunities for people to participate again.

Q: Do TO’s have a leaderboard?
A: Yes, their ranking is based on final challenge wins (1 point per win or loss, your wins – losses determines your overall ranking).

Q: Hey, you said TO’s can make the rules, to what extent?
A: Any. You can make UU tournaments, Uber tournaments, tag team tournaments (see below), even Random Tournaments! Get creative! Users will like it when you give them the opportunity to participate in several types of tournaments, however it is harder to get people to sign up for a tourney if they have to make a new team so things like "mono NFE" or "mono starter" will be hard to do.

Q: What is a Tag-team tournament?
A: Here’s a brief guide:
  • To enter, each player must form a team with another player and inform the TO the name of their team-mate to enter.
  • The tourney size is four teams, two people per team, making eight players total.
  • Next, one member of each team is assigned as "captain". When the TO states the pairings, they will pair them by teams. The pairings will address them as "team captain" to keep organization simple.
  • Once pairings are decided, the players decide amongst themselves who from each team they will face. In order to advance, a team must get two wins. (One player on each team battling the other). If there is a tie in the number of wins, a sudden death battle between the winning players on each team will decide which team advances to the next round.
  • The team that wins must decide which player goes on to the final challenge. Only one player participates.
  • Points won are shared between players on the winning team (For a 8 player tourney each player would get 1 point).
Q: What are the different classes of TO?
A: New is for TOs who have not done many Mini Tournaments and don't know that much about how to do them.
Semi-Experienced is for those who have done a few Mini Tournaments and generally know what do do.
Veteran is for TOs who know very well what to do, they have been active in discussing Mini Tournaments, are often good battlers and have participated in and organized many Mini Tournaments, Veteran TOs will be able to approve new TOs as soon as we write up some guidelines (in the the next few days).

Q: I have heard a rumor about an upcoming "Mini Tournament bot", is this true?
A: Yes. There is a possibility that DougJustDoug will program a Mini Tournament bot for the CaP server, but please do not pester him about it.

Q: I have read your guide, but still have questions, what should I do?
A: If you are on the server, ask the resident TO for some advice. He or she should usually be able to help you.

Hopefully, this guide answers some, if not all of your questions regarding mini-tournaments.

what do you think?
are their any questions to add?
comments welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)