CAP Teambuilding Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
The teambuilding stage for Round 3 is now complete! There were five teams submitted this round. Voting is now open and will end about 48 hours from now.

Team 1

Cawmodore is definitely a unique pokemon known for its utilizing the move Belly Drum, a move that gives you +6 Atk allowing Cawmodore to sweep many teams late game. Cawmodore is mainly used on 2 different playstyles: Rain and Offense, and as you can see, I picked offense. Cawmodore's main check/counter is Cyclohm, so I wanted a pokemon that can easily beat it but can also get up hazards, so I chose Diggersby. What I like about Diggersby as opposed to Colossoil, is that it can actually KO Cyclohm after rocks, and has access to Spikes and amazing coverage moves. I picked Knock Off instead of something like Fire Punch because I wanted to hit Gengar and Necturna for a decent amount. Next up, I was looking very weak to Cawmodore, so I needed a pokemon that displays an offensive presence, take a +6 Acrobatics from Caw, then ohko it back, which is why I chose offensive Cyclohm. With 52 Speed EVs, you outspeed defensive Tomohawk, even if they have a little speed creep and with a life orb, you kill Cawmodore with Flamethrower. Next up, a Stealth Rocker. Now I was really contemplating on Tomohawk or Heatran, but Tomohawk's LO set is a lot more effective on CAP offense than Offensive Tran sets and I already have Cyclohm to check Scizor with Flamethrower. I needed a reliable Fairy Switch-in and I didn't have a Mega, so why not Mega Scizor? Last Up, I was looking weak to Stall, and I wanted a Landorus T lure, so HP Ice Hoopa Unbound seemed ideal.
Cawmodore @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Bullet Punch
- Drain Punch
- Belly Drum

Diggersby @ Life Orb
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Return
- Earthquake
- Spikes

Cyclohm @ Life Orb
Ability: Shield Dust
EVs: 204 HP / 252 SpA / 52 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Slack Off

Tomohawk @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Roost
- Aura Sphere
- Stealth Rock

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Gunk Shot
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Team 2

This team takes a more calculated approach than basic Hyper Offense birdspam, focusing on switching in the right Pokemon at the right time to support both Cawmodore and Talonflame. Its unique role as both an offensive lure and a Defog supporter is a niche that virtually can't be filled by any other Pokemon. It also draws in Ground, Fire, and Dark attacks, making it a good offensive teammate. Defog support ensures that Talonflame, Cawmodore, and Pyroak can switch in Stealth Rock-free and healthy for support or sweeps. Meteor Mash / EQ provides good basic coverage and KO's switch-ins like Heatran, Scarf Mollux and Scarf Volkraken. Cyclohm is the team's defensive rock, countering and checking dozens of threats that would normally hinder a Birdspam sweep. Discharge is the primary STAB move that causes status, while Fire Blast OHKO's things like Ferrothorn and Cawmodore. Slack Off promotes longevity, while Heal Bell gives the team a way to erase untimely Paralysis or Burns. If you feel like you don't need Heal Bell support, you can use Toxic or Draco Meteor to threaten other Ohm or Lati@s. Pyroak is a great anti-meta Pokemon, being able to swallow Electric, Grass, and Fairy attacks with ease. Leech Seed is annoying for almost anything that isn't a Grass type. Mega Lopunny is the hole puncher of this team and provides the team with an awesome switch-in into Knock Off users like Colossoil. Ice Punch is used over Power-Up Punch as an option against Gliscor and Landorus-T. Talonflame is the first of the two birds on this team, opting for the Acrobatics Swords Dance set to better combat stall teams, minimize residual damage like Stealth Rock, recoil and Sandstorm, and to better combat Stall teams. CB Talonflame is perfectly viable too, although is a riskier option due to Brave Bird recoil and the popularity of Cyclohm. Lastly, Cawmodore provides the win condition sweep when the time is right, completing the Bird Spam core. Some checks to this team include Cyclohm and LO Stratagem, and the team heavily relies on Cyclohm + Pyroak defensively to function.
Kitsunoh @ Life Orb
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Defog

Cyclohm @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Slack Off
- Heal Bell
- Discharge
- Fire Blast

Pyroak @ Leftovers
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 68 SpD
Bold Nature
- Synthesis
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Leech Seed

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch

Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Cawmodore @ Sitrus Berry
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Acrobatics
- Bullet Punch
- Drain Punch

Team 3

This is a fun variant of your common CAP rain team, utilizing the lesser seen Tornadus and Omastar over Tomohawk and Kingdra. Cawmodore absolutely loves the Fire reduction rain brings, allowing to to beat would be checks such as Talonflame and Mega Manectric, as well as get the jump on Cyclohms. The main goal of this team is overload the opposing team through the powerful attacks of Mega Swampert and Omastar, allowing Cawmodore to come in and sweep late game. Tornadus was chosen as Cawmodore's Flying spam partner for its access to Prankster Rain Dance, fast Hurricane, and access to Knock Off. Knock Off + Superpower allows Tornadus to lure in and cripple opposing Chanseys, setting up a sweep for Omastar. Speaking of Omastar, this thing is just a monster with rain set up. LO boosted Hydro Pumps just blasts through the majority of the tier in the rain, hitting harder than any other Swift Swimmer available. To put this in perspective, Rotom-W is outright 2HKOed by Hydro Pump and Ferrothorn is cleanly 3HKOed. Mollux gives the team some type synergy and helps check the Electrics, Grasses and bulky waters that trouble Omastar and Swampert, as well as providing Rapid Spin support. It's also fun af to use in the rain and is completely worth it; it just straight up walls so much stuff and has incredible longevity in the rain.

This team is hyper offense and should be played as such; don't expect it to be switching around every wallbreaker in the tier. Rather, keep Politoed alive as long as needed and just plow through the other team with your Swift Swimmers. Talonflame can give this team some trouble if set up, but it can be played around as the majority of the team can OHKO it easily, and Omastar can check it in a pinch.
Cawmodore @ Sitrus Berry
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Acrobatics
- Drain Punch
- Bullet Punch

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Encore
- Rest
- Hypnosis

Tornadus @ Damp Rock
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Rain Dance

Swampert @ Swampertite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 Atk / 8 SpD / 248 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Stealth Rock

Omastar @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Scald

Mollux @ Black Sludge
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
- Lava Plume
- Sludge Bomb

Team 4

This is a balance team with Caw as a wincon. First, I partnered Standard BD Cawmodore with LO Tomohawk with Earth Power because it's a powerful wallbreaker that can soften or take out two of Caw's counters on the switch-in, namely Rotom-W and Cyclohm. Priority Nature Power has saved my skin many times; it helps with Tomo's somewhat subpar speed. Next, I added AV Colossoil for a spinner, a Cyclohm switch-in, and a pivot. Knock Off helps soften Rotom-W, which this team struggles with. Then, Defensive Cyclohm is my Cawmodore counter, helps to wear down Kitsunoh, Mega Metagross, and tanks physical hits well in general. Heal Bell heals status ailments, which this team does not like (aside from Guts Colossoil). I needed a specially defensive mon with Stealth Rock, so I added SpD Jirachi. It acts as a pivot with U-turn, knocks out Fairies, and can tank two Earth Powers from M-Diancie if needed (from full health + lefties). The combination of Cyclohm and Jirachi makes spreading paralysis easy, which can help Tomo wallbreak more, create free turns to switch and heal, and (if lucky) can allow Cawmodore to set up in a dire situation. Last, I added Scarf Keldeo. Its speed can help in a pinch, take out 4x Att Caw if above ~40%, and can take Knock Off hits if Jirachi and Cyclohm have paralyzed anything faster than 346 speed.
This team notably struggles with Rotom-W and Krillowatt, but overall it has been a great team. I used to have Mega-Pinsir for more "Flying-Spamminess," but it just didn't meet up to the expectations of the team.
Cawmodore @ Sitrus Berry
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Acrobatics
- Drain Punch
- Bullet Punch

Tomohawk @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Earth Power
- Nature Power
- Roost

Colossoil @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 20 Def / 236 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rapid Spin

Cyclohm @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Fire Blast
- Slack Off
- Heal Bell

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Body Slam
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Team 5

So here's the basic premise. The Talon+Pinsir+Caw core can actually shatter a surprising number of very good mons. Many of the mons it doesn't shatter get ruined by Latios with HP Fire. Cawmodore set is standard, but it's really the only set that works. Itemless SD Talonflame is good against Colossoil, which threatens a good number of the non-flying type Pokemon on your team. By choosing specifically Earthquake Pinsir, you limit the number of Electric types that can safely enter on your core, especially handy in that a +2 Earthquake actually threatens out Cyclohm. Colossoil is Rebound because our team is built to reduce the impact of Burns and Toxic, and Rebound also gives to benefit of reducing the number of times we have to take a tempo loss to Rapid Spin. Technician is used on the Stratagem, because even if the opponent knows it's Technician, it's very hard to capitalize on this knowledge, since most of your team can switch into Ground type attacks for free. It gives us access to a more powerful move to hit Zapdos with, as well as a priority move to knock over Weavile. Hidden Power Fire is on Latios, because otherwise other Cawmodore teams would set up on you, and Ferrothorn would laugh at you.
Cawmodore @ Sitrus Berry
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Acrobatics
- Drain Punch
- Belly Drum

Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Careful Nature
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Colossoil @ Assault Vest
Ability: Rebound
EVs: 252 Atk / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Rapid Spin

Stratagem @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Timid Nature
- Ancient Power
- Earth Power
- Energy Ball
- Vacuum Wave

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost

A few of you didn't send in a valid importable, so I edited them for you and included it anyway. I won't be as nice next week, so make sure your damn importable works lol

Last edited:
I have my issues with all the teams here. All are nice, but all have at least one gaping weakness in my eyes. After careful deliberation, I choose Team 3.

cbrevan

spin, spin, spin
is a CAP Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Team 3

Yeah the only ones that aren't horribly flawed are Teams 3 and 4. Team 1 lacks solid offensive presence and has no good way to handle faster mons like Keldeo, Team 2 is trying to be hyper offense with two walls, and Team 5 would be cool if it didn't get shredded by Talonflame, Mega Man, and other common constraints to hyper offense.

This leaves Teams 3 and 4 as the only real options to me, and of these two Team 3 is the only one I actually like. Don't get me wrong, Team 4 is pretty solid, but once again you can only see so many teams with the Tomohawk/Colossoil/Cyclohm/bulky Steel/scarfer/win condition format before you get sick of them.

The winner for Round 3 is Team 4, which was built by snake_rattler. The team has been added to the Hall of Fame. Congrats!

I'll be inactive on Smogon for about a week and a half starting on Friday, so cbrevan will be hosting Round 4. PM your teams to him.

cbrevan

spin, spin, spin
is a CAP Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The Pokemon for Round 4 is Necturna

Necturna is an incredibly varied Pokemon with a multitude of viable sets thanks to its access to Sketch, which gives it one instance of any move in the game. Due to its great all around stats and a decent movepool, Necturna can excel in both utility and offensive roles, such as hazard setting, status spreading, and all out sweeping. I'm looking forward to see all the innovative sets and teams people can build with this one. Good luck and be creative!​

PM me your teams by Friday, December 25th 8:00 (PST).
Also, make sure your send in an explanation of the team and a correctly formatted importable or else your team won't be accepted!​

cbrevan

spin, spin, spin
The teambuilding stage for Round 4 is now complete! There were four teams submitted this round. Voting is now open and will end about 48 hours from now.

Team 1

This Voltturn team is centered around Choice Band Necturna. V-Create is the chosen Sketch move for its sheer power. Manectric-Mega helps to check the flying types that bring Necturna's rage to a halt, particularly Talonflame. As such, it is imperative to keep Manectric healthy, and as a fast pivot, it takes a good amount of damage from hazards, which is where Tomohawk comes in. Tomohawk provides spin support and can switch into Earthquake and Earth Power with ease. Haze lets it stop set-up, and Hurricane hits harder than Air Slash. Volkraken helps Manectric to clean up and can force switches, giving it the opportunity to use U-turn. Toxic might be an odd choice, but it hits the Chansey switch in. Landorus-Therian sets up Stealth Rock, can remove items with Knock Off, provide Intimidate support, fire off powerful Earthquake attacks, and U-turn out. Clefable provides Wish and Heal Bell support to keep Necturna and Manetric healthy, can dish out good damage with Moonblast, and help to check Talonflame with Unaware.

This team struggles with Venusaur wtih active Chlorophyll or Mega-Venusaur. I gave Tomohawk Hurricane to assist with this struggle. If Necturna goes down, Chansey can stall out the team. Toxic on Volkraken can help, as I've never used its fourth move before changing it to Toxic.

Necturna @ Choice Band
Ability: Forewarn
EVs: 68 HP / 252 Atk / 188 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Power Whip
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Claw
- V-create

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Tomohawk @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hurricane
- Haze
- Roost
- Rapid Spin

Volkraken @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Surf
- U-turn
- Power Gem

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Team 2

The basic gist is Tailwind supported Illusion Tail Glow shenanigans. Aurumoth has enough speed to outspeed offensive Tomohawk whereas Manaphy outspeeds scarf drill. Nothing on the team likes to switch into Colo directly other than Sableye (who has Foul Play and Metal Burst to weaken it and recover to stall it out), but Necturna / Manaphy / Aurumoth all can help take it on too if they can get in safely. Scarf Mollux is obviously for fairies and Caw, but Sableye can take Caw on with w-o-w or Foul Play as well. Fidgit is the supporter and has U-turn to help switch out after its job is done (and deal chip damage to Colo and help soften it up) and Rapid Spin to help the Tail Glowers keep their identities hidden. Encore gives set up opportunities for the glowers. Hazards couldn't be fit onto the team because Fidgit's moveset was super full, but at least Mega Sableye can help out a bit in that department (if hazards are NEEDED, I guess putting SR over u-turn could be acceptable). Since the team utilizes Tailwind, Sticky Web Necturna would have been redundant (and would have made opposing Serperior deadly). Thus, Necturna is utilized more of as a sneaky wall with King's Shield, which is particularly useful against Colossoil. Will-o-Wisp and Colbur then help Nect with a different Dark-type; Bisharp (who obviously doesn't mind King's Shield).

Overall, this team is meant to be pretty flexible and has a few nuanced options that won't come into play every match but help it to respond to a broader list of threats. If there's no Caw or if it's been weakened, Mollux can be used to cripple walls. Sableye and Necturna can use w-o-w to help the glowers set up later in the match, or they can use other tools to defeat opponents during the moment. These different options in turn let the team to do what it needs to do in a timely manner for the particular situation, which is crucial when Tailwind lasts for only so long.

Necturna @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- King's Shield
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Sneak
- Power Whip

Aurumoth @ Leftovers
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 92 HP / 232 SpA / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tail Glow
- Overheat
- Bug Buzz
- Psyshock

Sableye @ Sablenite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Metal Burst
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Psychic

Mollux @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Trick

Fidgit @ Black Sludge
Ability: Persistent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Tailwind
- U-turn
- Encore

Team 3

Necturna and Char-y are dual wallbreakers who break nearly anything over their knees with immensely powerful sun boosted fire attacks. Necturna can easily break Chansey, Slowking, and Specially Defensive Pyroak, who can wall char-y, while the dragon roasts things like heatran and tomo. slowking can take special attacks that abuse char-y's sun, like volkraken. tomohawk provides vital hazard control, removing hazards and setting rocks. Heat wave is to prevent caw from setting up on it, which was a common problem in testing. Heatran w/ choice scarf is a fast special attacker who can hit hard with f blast, and is primary talon counter. Revenges caw who managed to set up on a banded sneak or something. Garchomp is stealth rocker, very reliable, spams eq and toxic and uses roar to get better switchin opportunities for necturna or char.

plays like bulky offense.

Necturna @ Choice Band
EVs: 136 HP / 252 Atk / 120 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Power Whip
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- V-create

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Earthquake
- Roost

Slowking @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Psychic

Tomohawk @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Rapid Spin
- Air Slash

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Stone Edge

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 180 Def / 80 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Roar

Team 4

I started off this team with Charizard-Mega-Y. It provides nice, refreshing sunshine to the team to take advantage of. Also, the combination of Fire Blast, Solarbeam, and Focus Blast is extremely hard to switch into, as it provides super effective coverage against almost everything. I gave it roost as a recovery option, as Char-Y needs to stay alive for this team to work its wonders. Alright, So, I took advantage of Necturna's versatility, Giving it V-Create as its sketch move, which works very well with Charizard Y thanks to sun boost. With a Choice Band, dedicated walls such as Chansey, Clefable, and Slowbro all have to fear a V-create or a Power Whip. I added in Dragonite, also with a choice band, as well, as It provides coverage moves to hit pretty much anything That Charizard and Necturna can't. It also gets the best priority in Extremespeed, which helps defeat weakened or faster foes. It can also bulk Volkraken's attacks and KO back with Earthquake. Dragon Claw is the stab move, and Iron head hits fairies hard. I then chose Mew, as a way to burn targets with will-o-wisp and also Set up rocks. It can also use U-turn against those pesky colo switchins into a better matchup. Next up, I was looking weak to cawmodore, so I used's everyone's Favorite caw check, Cyclohm. Flamethrower in sun guarantees the kill on caw, while i also gave it discharge to hopefully paralyze faster foes enabling easier sweeps for Necturna and Charizard. Speaking of paralysis, Malaconda does it well. Glare can paralyze ground types like colossoil. With harvest, Malaconda can take advantage of sun and Recover more easily. It also functions as this team's switchin to stratagem and The team's spinner. Finally, Malaconda U-turns after paralyzing things back into Necturna and Charizard to kill.

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

Necturna @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Power Whip
- Stone Edge
- Shadow Sneak

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Solar Beam
- Roost

Cyclohm @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Discharge
- Slack Off
- Heal Bell

Malaconda @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Glare
- U-turn
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off

BreloomMyHomie

Golden State Warriors Bandwagon Fan
I'm going to have to go with team 4. The person who built this team has utilized many different kinds of underused Pokemon that really work, and I can relate. I've been using tons of sets where people don't understand why it should be more used, thus me never really winning any teambuilding competitions. It's definitely refreshing to see an awesome sun team that has a pivot Mew, the underrated threat known as Choice Banded Dragonite, and Malaconda. The only thing I would change is Modest>Timid on Charizard Y, but other than that, this is the kind of team that really shoots out into my eyes(wrong diction, but who cares LOL).

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
For me it's between team 1 and 2. Team 1 is pretty straight forward and does what it needs to do. I like the Nect on team 1 a bit better than team 2, as well. That said, the nect on 2 can help the tail glowers set up, so I guess that's nice... Fidgit is the star supporter tho and tailwind is bae. Idk... tailwind + offensive giants vs speedy Manectric and scarf Kraken offense is a tough call, and it ultimately comes down to how often you think Fidgit can set up successfully.

Team 3 and team 4 both have serious flaws, should be obvious without me having to explain it. I'm just glad all teams have a Caw check.

Team 2.

I have to go with team 1 or 2, as they're the only team on this list that actually works as intended. Team 3 isn't well positioned against balanced offense or rain, which are two of the better archetypes in the format, and Team 4 just isn't terribly good at all, having a bad match-up against pretty much every fast sweeper in the metagame. Of the two, I'm going to give the point to Team 1.

The issue I have with team two is that Necturna could really be almost any relatively slow-hard hitting mon. This is supposed to be a Necturna team, but if I were making edits to the team, my first act would be to cut Necturna. It doesn't synergize well with your Fidgit, Most of Manaphy+Aurumoth's weaknesses as a core could be solved with pretty much any Special Wall breaker, and this Necturna isn't as good at breaking Special walls as most other wallbreakers, or even other Necturna sets. Team 2 is probably the better of the two teams, but Team 1 is the better Necturna team, by a large margin.

Last edited:

cbrevan

spin, spin, spin
The winner for Round 4 is Team 2, which was built by head boober HeaLnDeaL. The team will be added to the Hall of Fame. Congrats!

The chosen core or Pokemon for Round 5 will be posted later today.

cbrevan

spin, spin, spin
The Pokemon for Round 5 is Naviathan
Naviathan is the most recent, and thus less explored, CAP we have to offer. Built around utilizing Dragon Dance or Calm Mind, Naviathan has the ability to play drastically different sets. Calm Mind sets are the norm due to Naviathan's resilience against chip damage and stallbreaking ability, while Dragon Dance sets can catch the opponent off guard. Its up to you to decide which boat you wish to ride this week, so show off your teambuilding talents and innovation. Good luck and have fun!​

PM me your teams by Friday, January the 1st 11:00 (PST).
Also, make sure your send in an explanation of the team and a correctly formatted importable or else your team won't be accepted!
Sending sprites for your team alongside your submission is not required but much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)