CAP Teambuilding Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbrevan

spin, spin, spin
is a CAP Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
One last thing, replays are now needed upon submission. What this means is that each submitter must send in a minimum of two replays showcasing the team by the submission deadline.

Rules for the replays are as follows:
- Must include the team in question
- Team must be used by the submitter; this is to promote original work and ensure fairness.
- These replays will be posted in this thread along with the submitted teams, so make sure you use alts that are not recognizable when recording them.
- As this is an anonymous competition, replays showing the submitter's main or a recognizable alt will not be counted.
- A minimum of two replays must be submitted, additional replays may be provided upon the discretion of the submitter.
- Replays should be as close to the submitted team as possible; differences in a Pokemon or move set will be accepted as long as those differences are mentioned when submitted and a reason for change provided.
- Replays can be against anyone, be it ladder, tour, or challenge. Keep in mind that the higher the level of skill in the replay, the better the replay will look on the submission.
- PM replays to whoever is hosting that week's round. For this round that will be me.

cbrevan

spin, spin, spin
is a CAP Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The teambuilding stage for Round 5 is now complete! There were 4 teams submitted this round. Voting is now open and will end about 48 hours from now.

Team 1

As you can tell from already looking at the team it's purpose is a stall team. Naviathan and Heatran hit hard with the burn becasue of scaled and lava plume. Heatran's main threats are water types, Ground types, and Fighting types; all of which are easily stalled through with chansey tanking the all Special Attacks and ferrothorn which detures physical damage with Iron barbs and rocky helmet. Naviathan's main threats are again easily handeld with chansey and ferrothorn. Also opposing heatrans can be a problem, a problem which naviathan takes care with Clam mind and scald. My point is with Naviathan AND heatran causing burns it makes it much harder to win match. When all of the opposing teams pokemon have a status condtion it makes the play so much easier. Mega sableye is a must with knock off, Will-O-Wisp, and it's ability magic bounce deturing hazards as well as status condtions. Tomohawk can not only reset stats but also aid in the burn damage with heatwave. I find this specific set of Tomohawk a check for most Cawmodore that run bellydrum, With haze erasing the bellydrum and heat wave being suppereffective. All in all there isn't a whole lot you have to worry about when using this team. Everything is basically covered.

Sableye-Mega (M) @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Knock Off
- Foul Play

Ferrothorn (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Spikes

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Tomohawk (M) @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Air Slash
- Haze
- Heatwave

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Roar
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Protect

Naviathan (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Taunt
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off

Replay 1: there is no differences in the team http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/cap-311148776

Replay 2: There is no differences in the team http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/cap-311152856

Team 2

The team utilizes Naviathan in a dancing partnership with Aurumoth. Landorus-T is the bulky hazard setting and turner (and Intimidate helps the teammates come in more easily), Scizor is the bulky hazard remover and turner (and the very very valuable Fairy slayer). Scarf Volkraken provides the team with a speedy special attacker (and a caw check). Rotom-W pairs well with the turners, provides status to let the dancers set up more easily, and checks most threats on rain teams plus Tomohawk in general. Rotom-W also has a little bit of Defense EVs in order to take a +6 Acrobatics from Cawmodore. Overall, the team utilizes volt turn synergy alongside illusion-y dance partners to take advantage of Naviathan's lesser used set.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Volkraken @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Surf
- Power Gem
- Memento

Aurumoth @ Expert Belt
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Overheat
- Zen Headbutt
- Megahorn

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Atk / 180 Def
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Naviathan @ Lum Berry
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Iron Head
- Waterfall
- Thunder Punch

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 212 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Spe
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/cap-311905549
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/cap-311935474
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/cap-311924558

The replays are fairly straight forward and you should easily be able to pick up on my battling thoughts. However, in the battle against Jack, I just want to say that even though Volkraken could have taken another Dark Pulse, I switched it out and sacked Lando-T instead because I wanted Volkraken to have enough HP left to take a Mach Punch from Breloom later if needed (and this in fact was needed).

Team 3

I wanted to use the DD Naviathan set that is outclassed by the CM set. Waterfall, Iron Head, and Wild Charge nets it the best coverage. 240 Speed EVs and Jolly lets it outspeed Scarf Volkraken at +1. DD Aurumoth is the next member of the team, also the most successful member. Aurumoth's type has good synergy with Naviathan, resisting Grass, Fighting, and Ground moves. Under the guise of Naviathan, setting up DD can trick people into using one of these moves or switching into a counter like Ferrothorn. Its coverage is fantastic, and can kill most anything at +2. Since Naviathan can also set up DD, it can create weird mindgames as to which mon it really is. Since Naviathan has Water Veil, some people will not burn it and consequently will not burn Aurumoth sometimes. SubPass Tomo helps to get Auru and Navi in safely and can help it set up DD's. SubToxic is also hard to break and can stall out some of Auru and Navi's checks/counters. Volkraken and Gardevoir are good special nukes, the former taking out faster threats and the latter taking out slower threats. Colossoil is a good slow pivot, spinner, item remover, etc.

This team struggles against Azumarill and relies on free turns. It kills stall cancer and balance but has a hard time against offense.

Naviathan @ Leftovers
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Iron Head
- Wild Charge

Aurumoth @ Leftovers
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt

Tomohawk @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Roost
- Toxic

Volkraken @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Surf
- U-turn
- Power Gem

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Thunder Wave

Colossoil @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 20 Def / 236 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rapid Spin

Team 4

Dragon Dance Naviathan is pretty underrated in my opinion. It's not going to sweep teams out of the gate, but it does its job late game pretty well granted it has good team support. Drill peck is used over Wild charge since grass types are more threatening to Navi than bulky waters (which cannot burn). Although grass types should be handled by this team before the sweep, it is an emergency move. I used Hippo originally in place of Skamory, but Skarm worked better for this team because it phases out physical sweepers like Azu and Caw more easily. Hippo can be brought back if you need to stop rain (which this team is sorely weak to), but there's not much else it does better. Mega Latias has tremendous defensive synergy with Skarmory. Psyshock is used to hit Mollux, Manta, and Venu, since lati is a pretty safe switch in to them. T-Wave punishes common switch-ins like Tyranitar and Garde. Sylveon is both the fairy type of this team and a useful cleric. It adds very well to the defensive core with Skarm and Lati, and provides HP support for the team (mainly Colossoil on special attacks). While Skarm is nice for phasing Caw, scarf Volkraken ensures it goes down. It's a pretty straightforward mon to create offensive pressure, and clears away Ferrothorn and Metagross for Navi. Power Gem is my way to dent bulky Zard X, so really try keeping it healthy for that monster (or else you have rely on Blitz recoil). U-Turn was used originally. A cool move here is Memento. Use it late game for Navi to get up Dragon Dances easily. Colo is the spinner for the team and provides me my ground type. It has enough speed to beat non-scarf Hoopa. I personally prefer Guts since it's very easy to lure scalds and benefit tremendously, but because this team has heal bell Sylveon, Rebound can be used if you'd like.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Dragon Pulse
- Roost
- Psyshock

Naviathan @ Life Orb
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Iron Head
- Drill Peck

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Protect
- Hyper Voice

Volkraken @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Hydro Pump
- Power Gem
- Memento

Colossoil @ Assault Vest
EVs: 160 Atk / 112 SpD / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Rapid Spin

Last edited:
I really like all the teams here (also found it funny that two teams had a similar Illusion idea). I'm picking team four.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I wish team 1 was heat proof navi instead of water veil, and the first replay was against an opponent who could have done much much better if he had attacked with Fire Blast from Volkraken... overall, not impressed with the quality of replays from team 1. The team itself has 4 fighting weaknesses and can be blasted apart by any Medicham + fairy team (or Mega Lopunny + tomo killer). Overall, the team itself leaves a lot to be desired, and I disagree with Exclaimer that it is a good stall team because it just dies to the fighting type wall breakers paired with minimal extra support.

Once Rotom is eliminated, then Tomohawk seems like it would give team 2 a lot of trouble, which is somewhat of a shame since Tomohawk is so common. I guess Aurumoth and Volkraken outspeed, which is helpful, but Aurumoth looks like it falls to defensive hawk while Volkraken has to be at near full to take on offensive hawk... really, it seems like guessing which hawk set it is is critical to the team's success. I do somewhat like how the team has a lot of opportunities to set up, however, and volt switch spam is nice for this too. The replays seem decent.

Team 3 has three electric weaknesses and only one immunity, and Mega Gard is about the only thing on the team that wants to take on Rotom-W. I don't really care for the Tomohawk set, seeing as it's taunt bait/encore bait and it can't do anything to steel or poison types, which are pretty common in CAP. Overall though, these critiques really aren't that major; just small things. The replays, while not horrible, did rely on a lot of luck at critical moments. For example, in the second replay vs epic, the builder dodged two fire blasts in a row from Mega Camerupt. This might not have been game changing, but if both had hit then epic might have had a chance of winning.

Like team 3, team 4 has three electric weaknesses, but it has an immunity and a resist, which really helps. It also fairs against Rotom-W a lot better. I do think that team 4 didn't entirely earn the wins in the replays however, and in particular I think the second match should have been lost if the opp had played with Dragonite correctly. Just the fact that Aurumoth ripped through half of team 4 is a bit concerning as well, and a priority move could have really helped out in that department. That said, with only a few tweaks here or there I think this team could be something quite great. Off the top of my head I can't really think of anything that rips the team apart that hasn't set up a bit beforehand.

Overall, it's between teams 2 and 4 for me. Tough call...

Team 2

BP

Beers and Steers
is a Contributor to Smogon
I agree with HeaL Completely However I think team 4 takes the take with it's use of ddance. So I'm going with Team 4

Last edited:
Team 2 is quite solid overall. It has a good defensive backbone and does a good job of supporting Naviathan's harder-to-use DD set with SR, VoltTurn+Memento to provide extra setup opportunities, and Illusion Aurumoth to lure and beat stuff that gives it trouble (and can sweep too under the right conditions). Since you're running Lum Berry on Naviathan to handle status, I'd personally switch Water Veil to Heatproof for the added resistance to Fire, as this gives navi the ability to set up against stuff like volk among other fire-types in a pinch. Anyway, kudos to the builder, I like this.

The OP states it very clearly so reading that is a good idea.

But basically each week a core will be posted in this thread and you are then given a week to build a team around the core. Send your team to whoever is in charge for the week via smogon pm with the correct format which is shown in the OP. At the end of the week all the teams submitted will be displayed and there will be a voting period where you can vote for the team you think is the best. Team with the most votes wins and goes into the hall of fame. But yeah, read the OP.

cbrevan

spin, spin, spin
The winner for Round 5 is Team 2, which was built by the one and only HeaLnDeaL. The team will be added to the Hall of Fame. Congrats!

The chosen core or Pokemon for Round 6 will be announced later.

The Hall of Fame has been updated. I'll be hosting Round 6.

The core for this round is Krilowatt + Talonflame
Krilowatt is adept at punching through balance cores and softening up the opposing team for Talonflame, which has a variety of sets that can deal with the bulkier mons that Krilowatt tends to struggle with (Chansey, Mega Venu, etc).

edit: extending round coz playtest + low # of submitted teams

Last edited:
Well this has been dead for a while, presumably because of everyone's attention shifting towards Crucibelle's playtest, but I think now would be a good time to start this project back up. Let's finish up Week 6 first, though. Here are the teams!

Team 1

So this is a pretty clean and easy Bulky Offense to first get into CAP with. None of the mons are particularly hard to play, but they synergize nicely and cover each others weaknesses. Since I'm using the Wallbreaking core of Krill+Talon, that opens up the rest of the team to be as offensive as possible. Because hazard removers have a hard time coming in on Krill, I opted for an offensive suicide lead Stratagem to increase the damage output on the team, chosen over Garchomp for Special coverage. Talon is the standard itemless SD Special Defensive set with investment against Colossoil. Krillowat is offensive Life Orb to abuse it's incredible coverage. Choice Mollux and Heatran are among the better offensive checks to Cawmodore in the format. I opted for Mollux, because Mollux's Rock weakness is slightly less relevant than Heatran's Water weakness. Altaria is a great set-up mon in conjunction with our currently established team. Steels types don't like fighting Talonflame, Ice types and Taunt abusers suffer against Krill, and other Fairies and Poison types fair poorly against Mollux. Once this thing sets up, it usually just wins. To finish off our intreped band of heroes is Colossoil. Colossoil is our Rock switch-in and our hazard removal.
Stratagem @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Paleo Wave
- Earth Power
- Energy Ball
- Stealth Rock

Krilowatt @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Colossoil @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 Atk / 36 Def / 220 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Roost

Mollux @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Trick
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/cap-315523251
Basic Rain. The fact that Talonflame ended up being the deciding factor in this match is a testament to just how good a nice bulky Talonflame can be. Massive predict against Swampert secured a nice lead, and Talon just cleaned up.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/cap-315527693
Basic bottom of ladder. This time, Colossoil+Mollux ended up carrying this game, though Talon and Krill also got work done.

Team 2

Audino-Mega (F) @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
Bold Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Protect
- Toxic
- Wish

Colossoil (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Rebound
EVs: 252 Atk / 36 Def / 220 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Rapid Spin

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock

Krilowatt (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Thunder

Sylveon (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Hyper Voice
- Protect
- Wish

Talonflame (F)
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Acrobatics
- Bulk Up
- Roost
- Taunt
I took this core in a more defensive direction with the core, basically lite BOWS. Thunder is used over Thunderbolt because Krilowatt can afford to take an extra hit if it misses, it heavily appreciates the extra damage due to its low SpA, and the para chance is nice too. (I'm also a GSC player, so it seems more natural to me than it probably does to others.) Colossoil was a natural pick here, as I needed a hazard remover for Talonflame, and in the current metagame a Ground-type is almost mandatory. Knock Off and Pursuit also help the team wear down the opponent. Wish support looked really nice at this point for Krilowatt and Colossoil, and a Fairy-type looked like a nice addition, so Sylveon was the natural fit. Heal Bell also helped out the team a lot. This was when I pretty much decided to go with BOWS, and to me, the only defensive wish passers were Alomomola and Audino, and Alo stacked a Grass-type weakness with Colo and Krilo. I also didn't have a Mega, so Audino was a natural fit. My last 'mon was mainly just a rocker, but Ferrothorn acts as my main answer to Fairies (I guess Talonflame counts too) and Colossoil.

Keep in mind that these teams were built for the pre-Crucibelle metagame when casting your vote. I'll leave voting open for about 48 hours.

The winner for Round 6 is Team 1, which was built by NumberCruncher. The team has been added to the Hall of Fame. Congrats!

The Pokemon for Round 7 is none other than our newest addition to the metagame, Crucibelle!

Have at it! PM me your teams by Monday, February 22nd at 10:00 pm (EST).

Extending until Saturday due to low number of submissions + some asked me for an extension. So, yup!

Last edited:
The teambuilding stage for Round 7 is now complete! There were 3 teams submitted this round. Voting is now open and will end whenever I feel like it.

Team 1

This team Utilizes the standard Hit and Run Mega Crucibelle as I like to call it. With Crucibelle attacking and then U-turning it gives it the Rotom-Wash pivot to fend off ground attacks. Aurumoth provides the team as a nice solid lead taking the Form of either Rotom or Latias. Latias also likes to switch into ground attacks and cripple other things with a decent Thunder wave. Kyruem Provides nice coverage and outspeeds cruci with it's scarf. Tomohawk gets rid of hazards quite well and can take out other nuisances with Hurricane and Earth power. All in all this team provides nice coverage and doesn't usually have any trouble with other offensive teams.
Crucibelle-Mega (M) @ Crucibellite
EVs: 252 Atk / 8 SpD / 248 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Wood Hammer
- Low Kick
- U-turn

Latias @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Reflect Type
- Recover
- Dragon Pulse

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 168 Atk / 180 SpA / 160 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Iron Head
- Fusion Bolt
- Rock Slide

Tomohawk @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Hurricane
- Earth Power
- Rapid Spin
- Roost

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch

Aurumoth @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Surf

Team 2

I built this team around 4 attacks mega cruci, which in my opinion is its most straightforward and effective set. I decided to go heavy offense with this team and paired it with multiple hard hitting mons like LO tomo, cb azu, and SD LO zor to quickly punch holes in the opposing team, eventually allowing for a late game sweep.

On to Cruci's teammates. Tomohawk is the offensive LO variant, and I opted for 3 attacks + Healing Wish. Healing Wish is very helpful due to the nature of this team. After tomo fires off a powerful hurricane or two, or revenges something with priority nature power, it can use priority healing wish to remove status and damage from one of the team's sweepers, giving them a second shot at breaking past the opponent's team. Tankchomp is the team's rocker + check to numerous physical threats. Getting chip damage from SR, rocky helmet, and rough skin helps wear down the opponent quickly, benefitting its teammates greatly. At this point, the team has no answer to syclant, so Azu was added, as its typing lets it serve as a decent check to the bug. CB allows it to wallbreak effectively for the team. Scarf Volkraken functions as the teams revenge killer to threats like Caw, and Analytic makes it even tougher to switch into. LO zor provides the team with priority and an additional fairy check. With SD, it can set up and take a massive chunk out of physical walls that switch into it, like cyclohm (+2 LO bug bite does around 70%), allowing cruci or volk a better chance at sweeping lategame. Aerial Ace is used on the set to do massive damage to opposing tomohawk and pyroak. some calcs for fun:

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Scizor Aerial Ace vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tomohawk: 432-510 (104.3 - 123.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Scizor Aerial Ace vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Pyroak: 390-460 (88 - 103.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Scizor Bug Bite vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Cyclohm: 269-317 (64.2 - 75.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

So that's about it. Playing with this team is pretty straightforward. Identify your wincon at the start of the match (usually will be either cruci, volk, or zor), and get up rocks / start smashing stuff with your wallbreakers. You can afford to be reckless with your wincon if the situation calls for it, as tomo's healing wish is incredibly reliable with prankster. Most of the time you won't need to mega evolve cruci right away, and you can take advantage of regen to check stuff like talon, torn-t, etc over and over. Mega evolve once cruci has a potential opening for a sweep.
Crucibelle @ Crucibellite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn
- Wood Hammer

Tomohawk @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Hurricane
- Earth Power
- Nature Power
- Healing Wish

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

Volkraken @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Surf
- U-turn
- Flash Cannon

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Aerial Ace
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/cap-334546872 me vs nick fury swipes

despite a fair bit of hax against me, I still had control of the match throughout and was able to secure scizor as a wincon after KOing quagsire with cruci's wood hammer, and (presumably) breaking syclant's sash with tomo's priority nature power.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/cap-334586170 me vs zapticuno

scarf kraken pretty much had this in the bag after the appropriate immunities were taken care of

Team 3

This is a team build around AoA Mega Crucibelle as her fast speed allows her to maneuver around with U-turn and bring in powerful teammates. Garchomp was choosen to help deal with Steel-types better as they tend to give Crucibelle a hard time (especially with the lack of Low Kick). It also provides Stealth Rock. With the growing weakness to Ice-types I added Volkraken to help deal with it. This also provides the team with a more offensive check to Steel-types as well as a U-turn partner with Crucibelle. Hoopa was added as it loves the two U-turners on the helps to break wall like Chansey and Tomohawk. Tomohawk was added for hazard control and a way to soft check physical attackers like Revenankh and to be my ground immunity as well. Plasmanta is my water check that also serves as an offensive back bone. The team does have a exploitable Krillowatt weakness unfortunately. Usually I have to let something die and send in Hoopa or try to weaken it to the point that Crucibelle or Volkraken can revenge kill it.
Claymore (Crucibelle-Mega) (F) @ Crucibellite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Gunk Shot
- Head Smash
- Wood Hammer

Grimore (Garchomp) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Hydroctane (Volkraken) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Surf
- Power Gem
- U-turn

Vorpal Gate Keeper (Hoopa-Unbound) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 160 Atk / 96 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Psychic

Tribal (Tomohawk) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 24 SpA / 232 Spe
Modest Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Rapid Spin

Frisk (Plasmanta) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Storm Drain
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Encore
Will add tonight I just wanted to send this in before the due date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)