The other reason is for Dual Chop, (as I mentioned before, +1 Dual Chop gibs CharX) - although as it doesn't really learn other Dragon Moves you could possibly find a reason not to include it.
Let's avoid different coverage options if at all possible. Everything else is fine.Finalized just in case, but I'd appreciate reasoning for/against a couple potential additions:
- Poison Jab is common among Pokémon with any sort or stringer/protrusion, but it adds coverage.
- Lunge is sparsely distributed but consistent with a predatory bug, but its Attack-lowering effect could prove troublesome.
- Aurora Veil fits an Ice-type with crystals, but has a very strong effect albeit in a weak weather.
- Hone Claws is widespread among clawed Pokémon and outclassed by Swords Dance with Compound Eyes, but it might be overwhelming with Mountaineer.
- Acrobatics and Steel Wing add new potentially useful coverage.
I'd be fine with it. I mean, HeaL made a statement as a user and not as a TL on an earlier update, so you're fine.24 hour warning for movepool poll, get those Final Submissions up
Made a movepool submission of my own because I had a neato idea for Syclant, but if anyone objects to my submission (given that I'm leading the update), I won't submit.
A solid counter argument to this is that that requires the stacking of two mons that share basically the same weaknesses on a team, limiting its overall effectiveness. Might I remind you that Hail teams in general are not a thing, and won't become a thing due to Aurora Veil Syclant. Its also not only complete waste of Syclant's potential, but its also not very useful at all once you think about it. It requires giving up both an Item slot AND a moveslot to run a suboptimal set, that truly can be viablily run by one mon by itself. It would be much more reliable to simply run Ninetales-A and play conservatively. Aurora Veil Syclant is about as useful as Lazer Focus Strategem.I want to strongly advocate against the inclusion of Aurora Veil. Ninetales-A shares almost the same physical bulk as Syclant but is still a great user of Aurora Veil. yes, we all know Syclant isn't summoning hail by itself and yes it would cost Syclant a coverage slot to use Aurora Veil. But as a supporting move, Veil is insanely good and I don't see any reason to take a risk on this. It is very very feasible for Syclant to be used on a Hail team and I don't like the competitive ramifications of this move at all. Syclant's blazing fast speed almost guarantees that it can set Aurora Veil up as long as its team provides the hail.
Deck Knight, I urge you to consider minus one-ing this move :c