Tournament CAPCL II - Semifinals

SHSP

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributor
CAPPL VIII - Semifinals

CAPCL-II.png

Art by the talented Blazenix

We. Are. Here. Semifinals! Matchups are below. Please note that as this is a team tournament, no extensions will be granted. There will be no exceptions.

:great tusk: No Fucks Great Tusks (5) vs GholdenGODS (2) :gholdengo:
SV: spoo vs Inder
SV: RaJ.Shoot vs velvet
SV: Dj Breloominati♬ vs RichardMillePlain
SS: DetroitLolcat vs quziel
SM: Piyush25 vs LBN
ORAS: DugZa Fakee vs Garrett
BW: marsandback vs tier
DPP: Brambane vs Micaiah

All standard tournament rules apply. Ghosting is strictly prohibited. Replays must be posted or else your battle will be considered invalid. Once again, since this is a team tournament, no extensions are given; substitutions are used instead of extensions. If any trade occurs this week, neither traded player will be able to participate in a battle the same week. Please complete your games by Sunday, February 26th at 11:59pm GMT-5.

Spreadsheet
Matchups:
Week 1
Whole Lotl Cottas vs Asuka Langley Staryus
No Fucks Great Tusks vs Chewing Lechonks
Baka Baka Baxcaliburs vs GholdenGODS

Week 2
Chewing Lechonks vs Whole Lotl Cottas
Asuka Langley Staryus vs GholdenGODS
No Fucks Great Tusks vs Baka Baka Baxcaliburs

Week 3
Whole Lotl Cottas vs GholdenGODS
Chewing Lechonks vs Baka Baka Baxcaliburs
Asuka Langley Staryus vs No Fucks Great Tusks

Week 4
Baka Baka Baxcaliburs vs Whole Lotl Cottas
GholdenGODS vs No Fucks Great Tusks
Chewing Lechonks vs Asuka Langley Staryus

Week 5
Whole Lotl Cottas vs No Fucks Great Tusks
Baka Baka Baxcaliburs vs Asuka Langley Staryus
GholdenGODS vs Chewing Lechonks

Standings:
Whole Lotl Cottas: (3/0/2) | +7
No Fucks Great Tusks: (1/0/4) | +1
GholdenGODS: (1/1/3) | -1
Asuka Langley Staryus: (0/1/4) | -1
Chewing Lechonks: (2/3/0) | -4
Baka Baka Baxcaliburs: (0/2/3) | -3

Predictions Format:
No Fucks Great Tusks (0) vs GholdenGODS (0)
ORAS: Fakee vs Garrett

No Fucks Great Tusks (8) vs GholdenGODS (0)
ORAS: DugZa vs Garrett

Goooo India great tusks!

pannu

MEDKIT CUZ SHES HEALABLE
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
No Fucks Great Tusks (0) vs GholdenGODS (0)

Spoo is, suprisingly enough, seemingly very good in SV? I didnt know what to think of him not playing oras but I'm ngl he hasn't been bad so far, Inder is by no means a pushover but I don't trust the gholdengos SV building as much as I do the tusks.

Raj and Velvet are historically both very good CAP team tour players, Raj being very consistent in SS thru CAPPls and velvet being very dominant whenever she decides to actually sign up and play. However, raj is known for his CG playing, and has been very good this tour, while I would say that Velvet is more known for her SM performance, and I think shes 1-4 in the tour so far? Which I find surprising coming from her. Once again the Tusks also have better teams so I think raj should take this.

I cant really say much here, an "upset", tho idk if I should call it that because I'm not familiar with richardmilleplain's playing, I think he plays ubers? wouldnt surprise me, but spitfire plays the tier more so I'm more confident in bolding him.

Another hard one to say for me, this one of the closest games of this Match-up for sure. On one side we've got DLC, someone who has been very impressive in SS in recent memory, and on the other we have Quziel, playing what is IMO probably his best tier. I rate these players about the same so I wouldn't be surprised if either wins, though knowing DLC/spitfire and bram who I assume areh helping prep here, and knowing quz I wouldnt be surprised if DLC uses some super jank set or mon against Quziel and tilts him for the rest of the game, which is probably one of the most consistent strategies to use against the scientist(tm)

So far, the Tusks are 4/5 in re-using teams from me, that are public. This makes it feel weird that I'm bolding against them, and even weirder that its because they're using my teams. LBN is a relatively fresh face to SM Cap, and he had an impressive performance in his first tour, and has been solid so far. Something that's key with billys building and prepping to play against him is that he loves weird unorthradox sets, you cant just load up whatever against him and expect it to work because suddenly your trialed and tested "Copy of Copy Of Weavile-Lati-Bao Balance" gets mega walled by rocky helmet infernape + chansey offense. You cant just bring anything into this guy and expect it to work, which is why I slightly favor billy here if they're just gonna reuse old teams. Spitfire isn't a bad builder by any means and piyush is to my knowledge at least a solid pilot, hell he was even in my draft plan. Hoping billy loses tho fuck that guy

ORAS: DugZa vs Garrett

Another exciting MU and my personal highlight of the tour, both these guys are good at the tier and I'm very excited to see what spoo cooks up to give to dugza half an hour before he's scheduled to play and what mu fish garrett decides to bring this time.

bolding the second most offensive act fish against me this tour feels weird, but Tier has been owning everyone in BW

My moral compass will not allow me to bold for Brambane ever again, and micaiah is the better player anyways lol.

TB:

I think tusks always pick SV and Dengos always pick BW, respective team would be throwing if they didn't chose this tier for a potential TB.

SV: Piyush vs Velvet
SV: Spitfire vs Quziel

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)