Tournament CAPPL VI - Commencement Thread

Going to rate the other teams because why not who doesnt love power rankings. Obviously I am biased but i genuinley believe the Snael's have by far the strongest lineup of players in the tour but i wont go over us for now. Anyway in descending order

:ss/Jumbao: Jumbo Jumbaos :ss/Jumbao:
This team has a lot of good players and a high quality SWSH CAP builder in Quziel so I believe that if Quziel can feed the entire squad with teams this team will certainly be a contender. Not to mention they are all NU auth so probably have decent synergy and know each other well. The one weakness to this team is that I dont see an SM builder and while I have no doubt that many of these players can pick up wins in SM by virtue of being better than their opponents, not having an experienced builder who was around for the gen 7 metagame is probably their biggest issue. (except quziel but i bet he will be busy work horsing SWSH teams)

:bw/revenankh: Choice Band Revenankhs :bw/revenankh:
This team has a decent mix of experienced CAP players, good all around players, and people who are experienced in building for both SWSH and SM. Mx and Heaven Jay are a pretty dangerous core of CAP players and other experienced players such as Maple and Esta are definitley good enough to win the majority of their games even if they aren't as experienced in CAP as a lot of other players. DLC was also a strong player for me last year and a big reason why we ended up winning so I have no doubt this team will do well.

:sm/pineco: Perilous Pinecos :sm/pineco:
This team is a little more hit and miss in my eyes. They have some players who have proven themselves in CAP such as Lasen, Againa, and RSQ but they also have Snor so who knows how the team environment is going to pan out. This team has the capability to cause some upsets but overall I believe them to be a middle of the pack team with some decently strong players but a lot of unproven elements.

Galactic Astrolotls

I think this team is going to hinge very strongly on how well Snake and Atha can perform, though players such as Lyd and Martha are good players I think they will be reliant on builds from those more familiar with the CAP metagame. Much like the Pinecos I think is team is going to be relatively middle of the pack and honestly it took me a while to decide which way round I wanted the Pinecos and Astrolotl's but I think the quality of players is more evenly distributed on the Pinecos.

:ss/privatyke: Punny Privatykes :ss/privatyke:
I know Felucia was struggling with the draft and there are some decent players here but ultimately I do not see this team doing too well with the caliber of teams we have this year. Terra is very well known for creative "cheese" picks so maybe his builds can help his team rake in a few wins but I dont see it being consistent enough to compete with the top end of teams in this tournament. This is of course assuming that Rat finds his computer and Terra doesnt get banned week 2 which may or may not be entirely possible.​

Anyway there are my takes, just remember that none of this actually matters since Snaelstrom's are going undefeated for the back2back CAPPL wins. Please share ur own power rankings as well its more fun if more people do them

Last edited:

Sputnik

Bono My Tires are Deceased
is a Contributor Alumnus
Galactic Astrolotls

I think this team is going to hinge very strongly on how well Snake and Atha can perform, though players such as Lyd and Martha are good players I think they will be reliant on builds from those more familiar with the CAP metagame. Much like the Pinecos I think is team is going to be relatively middle of the pack and honestly it took me a while to decide which way round I wanted the Pinecos and Astrolotl's but I think the quality of players is more evenly distributed on the Pinecos.
crowofjudgement.jpg

but yes jho with the fire power ranking once again

Who's going to bite the bullet and give us our weekly power rankings?
As the resident statistician and data analyst, Im going to give these power rankings a go.
But Im not doing this weekly.
Please know this is just my opinion and that the production quality is ass.

#1 Punny :Privatykes:
This is Private Stall Guy reporting in that the Punny Privatykes are going to give this tourney one wild ride.
We have the best Generals in Felucia and Nalei commanding our army and the Best Discord.
Also, ExplodingDonkey is top tier hype man.
:Privatykes: :Privatykes: :Privatykes:

Galactic :Astrolotls:
Has a bunch of players Im familiar with who I know are all really good.
Their Captain voltage pitched the concept of CAP 27 and every Astro on my teams are called voltage.
Shoutouts to Atha (who has proven to be a beast time and again + has excellent music taste).
Also, they have Atha+Snake building teams which is a scary combo. Im expecting them to be doing Sw Sh B03.

#3 Perilous :Pinecos:
Has some solid CAP players like their captains Againa and marjane, as well as players like Rage, and Pip.
Reason for their placement comes from Againa being an absolute madlad in drafts.
And if thats the mastermind behind your drafts, then there is something to be afraid of...I think.

Choice Band :Revenankhs:
They have a really well rounded line up of top players. In particular, Jay is a beast and I have a lot of respect for Cbrevan and Mx.
Def think they have great consistency to work with which makes them a good middle of the road pick. Would probably be my #3 if Againa didn't give me concerns.

#5 Jumbo :Jumbaos:
It pains me to do this because their discord has a meme channel that Ive enjoyed.
Their MVP is Quizel both due to him being an amazing CAP player and team builder + tied with xavgb for most expensive players in draft at 23k
I don't know how many people are familiar with USUM CAP though and there is only so much 1 player can do.

#6 Suring :Snaelstroms:
If this was an OMPL tourney, this team would be ranked #1 without question.
But this team looks more like an OMPL tourney team than an CAP team.
Also, Im biased because Jho placed the team Im on at #6. So its only fair Im placing Jho's team at last in return.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)