SS OU CB diggersby+ID Corv+defog Washtom Bulky Offense

Hey guys whats up I wanted to make a new team for the post melmetal b& meta. Its not really set in stone, I played some games with a few builds of this on my 1500 elo alt and I'm not really sure what direction I should take it.

Kyurem @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power

Special breaker you all know pretty much what this does. Helps sun/rain matchups, pressures lots of walls like water absorbers/hippo/pex/mandi. If you can keep rocks off the field and keep it healthy you also can use its natural bulk to revenge stuff like sandrush drill or vish after a sack. Double switches let you use this as an offensive check to a lot of stuff. Puts a lot of pressure against HO teams and makes it hard for a lot of their mons (like hawlucha, bish, kommo, cloyster, togekiss etc from setting up).

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 120 SpD / 136 Spe
Calm Nature
- Wish / Soft boiled
- Moonblast
- Protect /rocks
- Teleport / heal bell/ thunder wave

Wish tp clef enables mostly kyurem and diggersby but also helps you preserve rotom HP or position corv/kommo/zera to win. Spread lets you outspeed conk (he still kills u if he facades on switch and then machs but sometimes ppl get greedy and drain/knock), and still wall modest scarf hydrei flashcannon. This team doesn't really NEED wish tp though and could use a better rocker, so a non teleport set with softboiled, rocks, and either healbell or twave didn't seem to horrible either.

Diggersby @ Life orb
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Spikes
- Body Slam
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake

Packs spikes, offers priority, can fish for paras on its checks with body slam. I was considering a choice band set too but LO lets you beat sash lead drill 1v1. I rarely found myself winning with quick attack anyway so LO didn't seem to bad. Prevents losing to just spam ghost type attacks. I was using this over conk because it has spikes and its way faster.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 44 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp

Defensive pivot, offers status, After using clef to bait physical attackers you can burn them with rotom. Hazard removal that makes up for corviknight's lack of it and pressures rotom h. Spread outspeeds adamant band vish. The typing is pretty good for the team, offering you resists to ice/fire/water that the rest of the team could use.

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 150 Def / 106 SpD
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Iron Defense
- Roost
- Substitute

Oftentimes wincon of the team. This spread lets you b8 and beat zera 1v1. Also vs offensive teams it can be used to just wall stuff too. Support it by burning its physical checks with rotom and then setting up. Maybe there's a better spread than 150 def but i just went with a nice round number.

Last member I had 2 options and I couldn't really decide which

Kommo-o @ Throat Spray
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Clangorous Soul
- Aura Sphere / Focus Blast
- Clanging Scales

Rocks can be used to bluff defensive, and because team doesn't actually have rocks if you don't use them on clef. Kommo needs hazards up to win usually to spikes really help it. I use aura sphere because at +2 you still 2 hit corv as long as you aren't cucked by the roll, 1 hit ferro regardless of which u use. You don't need flamethrower for aegi because clanging kills it anyway. Focus blast really isn't that bad either though and can make some calcs go from rolls to guarantees (even though off the top of my head theres no major thing it lets you kill that you normally won't with aura sphere). Couldn't decide on bulletproof or soundproof but just went with bulletproof. If you are using heal bell on clef you can trade rocks for status on kommo and then heal bell it off so you can sweep later.

OR

Zeraora @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Plasma Fists
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

Gives knock off support to the team, offers speed control, can set up and win in a lot of scenarios. Not using grass knot or play rough because I either have kyurem or a passable defensive check for everything they hit off the top of my head. You can just use zera to bait out a defensive answer and then double. This is just a copypaste of the smogon zera spread I don't really think there's anything that I can say about it that I haven't already. I guess it offers volt absorb too.

Thanks in advance for the help, I'm not a very good builder.

Threatlist:
Conk: no normal immunity, have to use clef to beat him (which only works once)
Kyurem: no real answer to it, your best bet would probably be sack and then getting your own kyurem in to force them out or kill them with draco threat.
NP LO Hydrei: really destroys this team if it ever gets to plot up, luckily scarf is used a lot more now. If you run the team build without zera it can legit 6/0 and if you run the build with zera it still gets to take a kill every time it comes in.
Necrozma: You can't really get rid of it that easily- no toxic or ways to kill it cleanly
Gengar: if he has giga drain/tbolt you have no answers and the team is kinda slow.

Last edited:
Yo n welcome to RMT,

I really hope that through my advice you will agree to better improve the team available, getting started building on Kyurem and Diggersby provides an excellent offensive core that I hope you can agree on my choices.

I agree with the listed weaknesses and in particular with Conkeldurr, you have no big answers and in any case it can run without problems every member of your team.
However, having multiple responses on such wallbrekers as Dracovish also greatly helps the team's synergy.

For this reason Seismitoad > Kommo-o could be a good choice, bulk with full hp n spdef is one of the best Stealth Rock setter in this current metagame, Earth Power is better than EQ cuz u can hit Bulk Up Zeraora n Conkeldurr, the ability Water Absorb is perfect vs Dracovish (temible threat over Clef), Scald is for hit Rotom-H when is boosted, in the end for the last slot Knock Off is also an option that helps cripple switch-ins like Hydreigon, Ferrothorn, and Venusaur. Also u can left the item on Clefable n i think is a good option to put in range of your Specs Kyurem.

Another change that I think can work concerns your speed controller, in fact having both a decent wallbreaker and at the same time a speed crash capable of sweeps is the best option for your team to not leave pressure on Diggersby.

Dracovish > Rotom-W is a good combination for add more offensive power on your team, good teammate with Zeraora can seriously damaege a big part of the defensive core of this mg, the item that i prefer play is Choice Band + Adamant Nature, to make very difficult to reliably switch into even with Water-resistant.

The other changes concern the spread, not recently in the balanced offense, Corviknight is preferred to play as Defogger for your team n make a good support also vs Excadrill, CB Terrakion, Bisharp ( thanks the 132 Defense EVs ) n Aegislash, for Conkeldurr n Keldeo Brave Bird is a good solution.

As for Diggersby, I think he must have something to hit ghost types like Aegislash, so I think Knock Off > Spikes is a very good alternative, finally to further increase the power of his priority moves, Sword Dance is useful in case your opponent is forced to switch.

>>>>THE TEAM<<<<​

Yo n welcome to RMT,

I really hope that through my advice you will agree to better improve the team available, getting started building on Kyurem and Diggersby provides an excellent offensive core that I hope you can agree on my choices.

I agree with the listed weaknesses and in particular with Conkeldurr, you have no big answers and in any case it can run without problems every member of your team.
However, having multiple responses on such wallbrekers as Dracovish also greatly helps the team's synergy.

For this reason Seismitoad > Kommo-o could be a good choice, bulk with full hp n spdef is one of the best Stealth Rock setter in this current metagame, Earth Power is better than EQ cuz u can hit Bulk Up Zeraora n Conkeldurr, the ability Water Absorb is perfect vs Dracovish (temible threat over Clef), Scald is for hit Rotom-H when is boosted, in the end for the last slot Knock Off is also an option that helps cripple switch-ins like Hydreigon, Ferrothorn, and Venusaur. Also u can left the item on Clefable n i think is a good option to put in range of your Specs Kyurem.

Another change that I think can work concerns your speed controller, in fact having both a decent wallbreaker and at the same time a speed crash capable of sweeps is the best option for your team to not leave pressure on Diggersby.

Dracovish > Rotom-W is a good combination for add more offensive power on your team, good teammate with Zeraora can seriously damaege a big part of the defensive core of this mg, the item that i prefer play is Choice Band + Adamant Nature, to make very difficult to reliably switch into even with Water-resistant.

The other changes concern the spread, not recently in the balanced offense, Corviknight is preferred to play as Defogger for your team n make a good support also vs Excadrill, CB Terrakion, Bisharp ( thanks the 132 Defense EVs ) n Aegislash, for Conkeldurr n Keldeo Brave Bird is a good solution.

As for Diggersby, I think he must have something to hit ghost types like Aegislash, so I think Knock Off > Spikes is a very good alternative, finally to further increase the power of his priority moves, Sword Dance is useful in case your opponent is forced to switch.

>>>>THE TEAM<<<<​
Thanks, appreciate the help. Can you post a pokepaste of what the team would look like with diggersby? The team you posted is undoubtably better, but its super standard. It's something I would expect to see in sample teams tbh. Toad+Corvi+clef+kyurem+zera+1 is so common already.

Alex Tsubasa

Banned deucer.
This is cool team design, but i think Digersby is out place. Try hippowdon or sesmitoed for coverage
In my opinion Substitute is not very good on Corvinight to, another fighting move for coverage could work better her
good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)