SS OU CB Grass Terrain Rillaboom W/ Grassy Seed Lucha (ft. webs lo vikavolt + specs mew)

Hello, and welcome to my 2nd SS OU RMT.
So I've played a bit of Gen 7, and it came to my attention that HAs were released for starter Pokemon. While everyone was talking about Cinderace and how he was "so op" (I'm working on an original Cinderace team atm) I decided to take my favorite starter and make a team from it. Now, I mentioned Gen 7. What about it? Well, I really hope everyone remembers the terror of Electric Seed Lucha. It was easy: Send in Tapu-Koko (which I will update this team on June 17th when it comes out) then u-turn/volt switch/switch into Lucha (Unburden, SD, then whatever you want). It was better because Koko had so much value it's insane. Rillaboom, I'd say, is more of suicide, maybe kill one or two Pokemon. I'll show some Calcs later about how insane this thing's power is later in this post.
1st Pokemon: Zeraora

Zeraora @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Plasma Fists
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

I've hated this thing since the day it came out, I'll be honest. While this is a kind of weird choice of a Pokemon considering I already mentioned having a Vikavolt, but stay with me. I obviously needed a 2nd wall breaker since I do think this is more along the lines of HO (although I usually only need to use 2 or 3 Pokemon). I choose Zeraora thanks to Its absolutely crazy speed stat and raw power in general. I'd say this is more of a prediction Pokemon. I can either bait out a Protection move from -insert literally every Pokemon that is good with one here-, or a switch. The fact that a Pokemon in this tier other than the thankfully banned Dracovish can 6-0 is nuts. Now, of course, it has counters: Hippodown, Some niche Pokemon like Whimsicot and Celebi, and absolute monster defense Pokemon like Shuckle (who is OU now?).

2nd Pokemon: Mew

Mew @ Choice Specs
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon

I can already see everyone getting ready to absolutely grill me for using specs on Mew of all Pokemon, but this thing is SO useful as a special attack wall breaker, and I think I can say I'm the only person who even uses this. Mew can near/actually OHKO fighting types, It can 2HKO Clefable, Kyreum, It can OHKO Excadrill with no sash and Cinderace, Sometimes OHKO Hippodown, It's honestly scary. You can fake lead with this thing, then OHKO their lead. If they have a Ferro, they know that you will lead with this thing and "Flare Blitz" it, but whatever they send out, as long as it's not faster or has type advantage, just dies.

3rd Pokemon: Clefable

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect

Good old Clefable. Only bad in like 2 Gens, where would this Meta be without you...
View attachment 251818(stats showing that clef is the most used pokemon if the link doesn't work)
God this thing is stupid. People are trying to deny that this abomination is genuinely broken, but they're wrong. Healing Pokemon for free is like stacking Regenerator onto every Pokemon's ability. Now, I didn't run Teleport, which makes this 10 times more annoying, but I did run Aromatherapy, which gets rid of burn/para/poison. My team was quite weak to status, which is why I did it. This thing can also either OHKO or 2HKO most fighting/dragon/fighting+dragon types, Is a good switch into any dragon move (obviously) and is by far the best Kommo-o check.

4th Pokemon: Vikavolt

Vikavolt @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Sticky Web
- Bug Buzz
- Energy Ball
- Thunderbolt

I wanted another special breaker, but I also wanted webs in case my only wincon left was Mew. Luckily, Vikavolt has one of the highest special attack stats in the tier, not bad typing/tankyness, and can set up webs. This thing is a perfect counter to Pex, Mandibuzz, Corv, Sometimes even Zeraora, as it has no real effectiveness to it except Knock Off, which by then you can pretty much 2HKO it with Bug Buzz.

5th Pokemon: Rillaboom

Rillaboom @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
Jolly Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- High Horsepower

The Grassy Terrain Setter for the star of the team, Hawlucha. It can be lead with, but I advise against it if they have a Zeraora so you can check it later on. This thing is an absolute MONSTER. Not only is it given 2 of the most useful moves in-game, Knock Off and U-turn, but the boost from Grassy terrain onto Wood Hammer literally makes the moves base power ~156. Not to mention STAB multiplies that by 1.5, which makes the final total of the move 234. NOT TO MENTION the fact that it runs choice band, increasing your Pokemon's attack stat by 1.5.

252 Atk Choice Band Rillaboom Wood Hammer vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Togekiss in Grassy Terrain: 194-228 (62.3 - 73.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Choice Band Rillaboom Wood Hammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex in Grassy Terrain: 198-234 (65.1 - 76.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery and Grassy Terrain recovery

252 Atk Choice Band Rillaboom Wood Hammer vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Bisharp in Grassy Terrain: 185-218 (68.2 - 80.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery

252 Atk Choice Band Rillaboom Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dragapult: 392-462 (123.6 - 145.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Choice Band Rillaboom Wood Hammer vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gengar in Grassy Terrain: 280-330 (107.2 - 126.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

The one for Bisharp could obviously OHKO with High Horsepower but I used Wood Hammer just to show how much damage it does.

6th Pokemon: Hawlucha

Hawlucha @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Close Combat
- Fire Punch

Ah yes, classic Unburden. But now all we need to do is switch into it instead of risking the 90% accuracy on Sky Attack, which 90% in Pokemon is... not 90%. This Pokemon can usually tank one physical move that is not super effective to set up a swords dance, then just mash whatever works. The only Pokemon that can really even tank this thing is Toxapex, but even then it still gets 2HKOd by acrobatics. Because of Unburden, it is now faster than every single Pokemon in the game except DD Dragapult, which is barely even a thing.

Thank you so much for...
A. Skipping through the whole thing for a free team VIA Pokepaste.
B. Actually reading it thoroughly and understanding why the team is the way it is.
C. Clicking on this post by accident.

Here is the Pokepaste for the team: dumb bad team no good

I would absolutely LOVE to hear every single one of the complaints, tips, complete team redesigns taking away from the integrity of the team, or just random thoughts you have to post.

Thank You!​

You should definitely get rid of aromatherapy on clefable. Replace with teleport cos It pivots out to your stronger mons and clef can absorb status anyways with magic guard. Vikavolt does nothing here as the mons are already fast so webs is useless and you already have a strong electric type in zeraora. I dont know what Mew is doing here, but i dont know what to replace it with.

You should definitely get rid of aromatherapy on clefable. Replace with teleport cos It pivots out to your stronger mons and clef can absorb status anyways with magic guard. Vikavolt does nothing here as the mons are already fast so webs is useless and you already have a strong electric type in zeraora. I dont know what Mew is doing here, but i dont know what to replace it with.
I did think about teleport, but decided against it as I had few Pokemon that could afford to take status (vika and clef) also Clef doesn't really need teleport that badly as it's not hard to switch into a Pokemon from a defensive Pokemon on the opposing side.
I'd love to hear any replacement for Vikavolt.
Mew's whole point is to be a special breaker. With specs. That's its purpose. No more no less.

Why are you doing an RMT, if you are not being open to any changes for your team?Teleport clef can take all the status so no need to run aromatherapy whatsoever, its a waste of a slot and generally you should keep offensive pokemon as healthy as possible. so switching them in vs defensive Pokemon is not a good idea.

Hey, man. Cool to see another team taking advantage of LuchaBoom, Terrain Seed opens up Hawlucha way more in the meta and allows it to be a much more effective sweeper. While I love teams that work around that concept, I'm not sold on the structure of this team or the support each mon offers towards the end goal of helping Lucha sweep.
From the structural side, you say that the team seems to lean more towards HO but that's not really the case. It's true that the team does have a lot of offensive components and very limited defensive components, but Clef is absolutely not a HO-worthy mon by any means and Choiced mons are not ideal on HO given the move restriction causing you to lose your momentum after a kill, Choiced mons prefer teams with defensive backbones and pivots to allow you to reposition while HO focuses more on offensive flexibility. All that considered, I feel it's definitely best to develop this team towards a more balance style in entirety rather than the odd hybrid between the two that it's at now. As far as team necessities go, your team also lacks Rocks which is a big hole as well as removal which, while not always mandatory, would be a fantastic benefit to your team.
As far as supporting your end goal, Lucha is blocked off by a lot of common Ghosts like Aegislash and Dragapult. While these are by no means unmanageable, they seem to be more answered indirectly with Knock Off and other side coverage here and there. I think there's some more direct answers available that can help support you with these as well as offer you some more general utility that this team would need.
Here's what would work:

>
and
>

This is quite drastic, I know, but this is where I think the structural issue of this team can be solved. As I mentioned, your team would much more prefer to lean in a more balance direction, and restructuring the team to be complete HO would actually require more changes overall I believe. What these two changes do is remove two somewhat unnecessary components of your team currently and replace them with: A Cinderace check, hazard support, hazard control, and Ghost check.
Vicavolt did very little for your team as the Webs support quite unnecessary, I appreciate that it can help with cleaning up with Mew if it gets to that stage but that's an incredibly limited scenario of use to dedicate an entire team slot for, its offensive coverage totally overlapped with other members of your team and supporting Mew in a sweep when it isn't, or shouldn't be, your clean-up mon anyway is redundant. Hippo allows you Stealth Rocks which is mandatory on any team for chip damage, as well as being the most solid answer to Cinderace in the game right now, as well as something to hold off opposing Hawluchas. Hippo can also stop Sand Rush Drill and Sand offense without you having to risk your Rillaboom too early, preserving Rillaboom until necessary and limiting its uses to punching important holes and setting up Terrain for Lucha should be a priority and Hippo allows you to do that.
Mew on the other hand doesn't seem to offer any offensive utility that your team didn't already have covered. I appreciate its uniqueness and its ability to pull off a lead bluff and get some kills off that but none of its coverage really supports; Boomer can handle Clef, Hippo, and Exca, Clefable can handle Kyurem (more or less), Lucha can clean up other Fighting types. I'd understand its role more if it were something like a NP variant with Flamethrower and Draining Kiss or something to lure in and remove Aegi and Pult but since that's not the case it feels like a tacked on coverage slot. Mandibuzz offers more utility with hazard removal to keep your team from being worn down over time, which is very ideal for a team like this in a meta where T-Spikes and hazard stack is rising in popularity. It's also additional Ground immunity which is good since Lucha can't afford to come out too early to dodge an EQ at risk of losing its Seed early and being made useless late game. Lastly, it's a great Ghost check that allows you to switch into and remove Aegi and Pult for Lucha directly.

These changes do make you more physically oriented from an offensive perspective, but that is resolvable by basically rolling up your Zeraora and Vikavolt into one mon. I'm not the biggest fan of CM Zeraora in most cases, but I think it works well on this team. Allowing you to bait in and remove Hippo more indirectly which opens up a lot of opportunities later game, while still removing opposing Defoggers, setting up on Clef, and being able to remove Ferro without racking up Barbs damage, it's a decent pick here to support your end goal.

Run Teleport on Clef. I'd seen you mention teams being 'weak to Poison/Burn/Para' in other team rates even when it's not the case, and the same thing seems to apply here. I'm not at all sure what you mean by that. Clef with Magic Guard acts as a great status sponge since it takes no damage from Poison or Burn, you had two mons immune to Para, you have things that can switch into Scald and not mind the attack drop from Burn; it's a very general statement that honestly doesn't make much sense to me, status is broad and each scenario can be played around just fine, T-Spikes was honestly your biggest concern but if you incorporate a Defogger, that can be managed too. Aromatherapy is better suited to stall teams most often as the mons on that playstyle absolutely need their longevity so Poison is a huge hindrance to them. Teleport on the other hand is far better suited for balance teams like this as it allows you to freely get your breakers in risk-free due to the -6 priority. Imagine a case where your Zeraora is low, you hard-switch it into a hit and it dies before it can take the Wish, Teleport completely removes that issue and opens up much more opportunities to play aggressively while lack of Teleport restricts you, it's a night and day difference and definitely a change worth incorporating. Another small detail worth tweaking is running 7 speed IVs on Clef to allow you the slowest Teleport possible while still outspeeding standard Hippo.

Lastly, while Grassy Seed does mean Hawlucha doesn't need a hundred turns to set up anymore, it's still quite a cumbersome process given its bulk and typing. Seed does boost its defense to make set-up opportunities more available, but it's best off using that last moveslot to ensure a successful set up. Sub and Roost are both good options to do this, but on this team I think Roost would be preferred to support overall longevity.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

Mandibuzz (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 160 SpD / 96 Spe
Careful Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- U-turn
- Defog

Zeraora @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Aura Sphere
- Grass Knot
- Calm Mind

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 7 Spe
- Teleport
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect

Hawlucha @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Close Combat
- Roost

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)