SS OU Centuries - ft. Regigigas

CENTURIES - ft. Regigigas

==========================================================================================================
Introduction:
Hello everyone! I’m back, back again with another RMT! This RMT is all about Regigigas, and this team functions well in the low-mid ladders (around 1300-1500) and is very fun to play as well. It’s overall a really balanced and wacky team, and without further delay, let’s get into the team!
Regigigas has the potential to be good with its very big moveset and amazing stats, especially with its recent buff.

==========================================================================================================

Teambuilding Process:

:regigigas:
We'll go down in history… Remember me for centuries...
It all started a few months ago when I decided to goof around in the low-mid ladders with Regigigas. Regigigas provides very powerful and bulky support, as well as having a very large moveset.

:regigigas: :slowking-galar:
We are the poisoned youth...
I needed a good special wall as well as a reliable switch-in into most fighting types, so I added Slowking-G.​

The darkness that you felt…
:regigigas: :slowking-galar: :hydreigon:
Next, I added Hydreigon to deal with Ghost and Dark types.

Heavy metal broke my heart…
:regigigas: :slowking-galar: :hydreigon: :corviknight:
I also added Corviknight because of its reliability in removing hazards and checking many ground types.​

You’re my cherry blossom…
:regigigas: :slowking-galar: :volcarona: :corviknight:
I had a really good defensive backbone, but I felt like Hydreigon wasn’t doing its job very well. It also felt like I needed a set-up sweeper, so I chose Volcarona to replace Hydreigon.

Some legends are told…
:regigigas: :slowking-galar: :volcarona: :corviknight: :landorus-therian:
The team is starting to look very good, but it needed speed control and a stealth rock setter, so I added in Scarf Lando-T.​

You’re about to bloom…
:regigigas: :slowking-galar: :volcarona: :corviknight: :landorus-therian: :tapu lele:
Lastly, I added Tapu-Lele to assist the team with breaking and punching holes in teams.

With that, let’s jump into the team!
The Team
:ss/regigigas:
Regigigas @ Leftovers
Ability: Slow Start
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Def / 152 SpD
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Protect
- Knock Off
- Body Slam
Regigigas has been very underwhelming since its release in Gen 4, being Untiered since Gen 5. Its Ubers-level offensive and defensive stats, paired with its very wide moveset, makes this giant able to take on the OU tier. Well, maybe. It has a very crippling ability Slow Start, which halves its attack and speed stat for the first 5 turns of the game.
I believe Regigigas can be a very powerful wallbreaker, assuming you can stall your way out of Slow Start. Now armed with both Protect and Substitute, Regigigas is now able to stall its way out of its Slow Start. This EV spread enables Regigigas and its sub to survive more hits. An offensive spread works as well, as Regigigas’ speed stat is high enough to outspeed Landorus-T and Nidoking. Body Slam is Regigigas’ best STAB move, as it may paralyze the enemy, which may be beneficial to the other members of the team. Knock Off can be used to hit Ghost-types such as Dragapult and Blacephalon for good amounts of damage. Heat Crash can also be run to deal good damage to Corviknight and Ferrothorn, as Regigigas would get walled by them otherwise.

:ss/slowking-galar:
Slowking-Galar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Future Sight
- Sludge Bomb
- Earthquake
- Scald
Slowking-Galar is a very tanky special wall and a good defensive check to Heatran. Assault Vest boosts its already good Special Defense to higher levels, and Regenerator helps it to survive for longer, as Assault Vest prevents the use of Slack Off. Future Sight helps the other team members in defeating enemy mons, Sludge Bomb is a STAB move that can help fish for poisons, and Scald is to fish for burns on mons such as Garchomp and Landorus-T. Earthquake hits Heatran for around 50% damage, making it an even better counter to heatran overall. Flamethrower can be used over Scald if Ferrothorn getting in your way more.

:ss/volcarona:
Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain
Next up is Volcarona. Volcarona has very good offensive stats, and 2 really good abilities as well. It is most useful in endgame situations, where mons like Landorus-T and Garchomp, who otherwise threaten it, are hopefully gone. It serves as a check to Steel-types like Corviknight and Ferrothorn, and it’s able to set up Quiver Dances in front of them. Fiery Dance is preferred over Flamethrower as it can boost your special attack to even higher levels. Bug Buzz can hit through subs and can be very useful at times. Giga Drain can be used to recover health from Toxapex and Blissey, to help with longevity. Psychic can be used in place of Giga Drain or Bug Buzz if you want to hit Poison-types for supereffective damage.

:ss/corviknight:
Corviknight @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn
Corviknight helps with hazards and is a staple for most of my teams. You’ll see this mon in most of my teams because it’s very reliable and has good defensive typing. Relaxed Nature and 0 Speed IVs enable it to slow turn with U-turn even better. Brave Bird is used to hit Grass, Fighting, and Bug types for super-effective STAB damage. Roost is used for longevity and Defog removes hazards, a problem of this team.​

:ss/Landorus-Therian:
Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- U-turn
Landorus-T is the premier Stealth Rock setter of the OU team. Armed with a Choice Scarf and a Jolly nature, it can outspeed threats like Dragapult and Dracozolt (under sand). Scarf Lando-T has always been one of my favorite mons to use, especially when you can just keep on clicking Earthquake in mid to late game. During early game, you can easily pick up kills, as this mon outspeeds Pult and many other scarfers because they would usually run Adamant/Modest over Jolly/Timid. Earthquake is its strongest STAB move, Stone Edge hits flying types, and U-turn helps with keeping momentum.

:ss/tapu lele:
Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt
Tapu Lele is the Choice Specs user of this team, helping the team with instant special breaking. It saves me the game a lot. STAB Psyshock hits Blissey hard in Terrain, Moonblast does massive STAB Fairy damage, and Focus Blast is mainly used to hit Steel-types and Thunderbolt for Flying-types. Thunderbolt is for coverage, but Psychic can be used in its place. Psychic Terrain helps negate all other terrains and priority.
Threatlist
:ss/heatran:
Heatran is a huge threat to this team, especially if Slowbro is down.

:ss/buzzwole:
Corviknight and Lele are the only solid counters to this mon, but it's very rarely seen anymore. It's a huge threat to the rest of the team.

:ss/bisharp:
Bisharp can be threatening and problematic to deal with.

:ss/zapdos-galar:
The Scarf variant is the biggest threat to this team. The only way to outplay it is sending out Corviknight and force it to take Rocky Helmet damage.
Outro
This team is very fun to use, and this RMT was also fun to make. Regigigas is a very fun mon to use, especially when you see this clumsy giant get a KO.
Very big thank you to musiquepkmn for helping me construct this team, it was a huge help.

PokePaste

Signing off,
VTaxi

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)