Chandelure

I thought up another pretty good move set too.

Chandelure @ Shadow Tag/Focus Sash

Shadow Ball
Pain Split
Calm Mind
Overheat

EV's:
252 @ Sp. Attack
252 @ Speed
4 @ Sp. Defense /w/ Modest nature

Tell me how I did :naughty:.
I wouldn't call that a good set because Overheat kills off your Calm Mind SpA boosts and it takes too much time for Chandelure to get them back up again. Fire Blast or Flamethrower, however, are good replacements. Pain Split is kind of okay to get HP back, though it's a bit unreliable.

Bulbapedia claims it can pick up Clear Smog and Haze...

Is there any reason why we wouldn't want to run one of these? Something like....

Choice Scarf
Overheat
Clear Smog/Haze
Memento
Energy Ball

Scarfed switch-in switch-out revenge kill set?

Bulbapedia claims it can pick up Clear Smog and Haze...

Is there any reason why we wouldn't want to run one of these? Something like....

Choice Scarf
Overheat
Clear Smog/Haze
Memento
Energy Ball

Scarfed switch-in switch-out revenge kill set?
If Chandelure is given a Choice item, then it's better off outright attacking. The only use I see for Clear Smog and Haze is for a gimmicky support set.

If Chandelure is given a Choice item, then it's better off outright attacking. The only use I see for Clear Smog and Haze is for a gimmicky support set.
Access to Will-O-Wisp and Clear Smog means it can cut down nearly any physical setupsweeper--except all them are way too fast.

Anyway, does anybody have a good spread for Choice Specs and Modest on this other than max speed and special attack?

Flash Fire Chandelure is better than Heatran in one very specific way: Blaziken and Infernape.

In Ubers or OU, it is a pretty hard counter to both of those, I would say. Immune to both their STABs, and with good defenses to handle Hidden Powers.

It can't handle a Stone Edge, but with a berry or a Sash, or maybe even a Scarf depending, it will be able to take them down with a Shadow Ball.

Carry Energy Ball around to deal with a TTar switch in and you're looking at a pretty good Pokemon that doesn't need Shadow Tag to be viable.

Just a few quick questions about shadow tag. Has is been released yet?? If so, does anyone know when it's coming out??
We have no info on when any Dream World Gen V pokemon will be released, whatsoever. So far the only ones you can get are the weekly Telepathy Musharna and the Zen Mode Darmanitans at the Desert Resort. No other Gen V pokemon is available as far as I know, and I haven't even seen any rumors about them.

Presumably, the intent is to add new areas to the Dream World which will contain the Gen V pokemon... or, perhaps, to have some sort of events. It's even entirely possible that Gamefreak put in the Dream World abilities for Gen V pokemon just to have something to release later and to troll the people who dumped the memory to find them.

Pretty bad spinblocker, he can't handle Starmie or Excadrill at all. The only spinner he can take on is Forretress and there's still the possibility of Payback (although I doubt it'd kill thanks to the nerf).

Considering both die to Chandy's STAB, I wouldn't entirely agree with that. Naturally it can't do much on its own, it needs something to take hits with.
I always set up a Sub when I send mine out to protect it from Pursuit and other incoming Pokemon that I could kill if I can't survive one of their attacks (IE: Starmie, take the hit with Sub and destroy it with Shadow Ball.)

Chandy's been very effective for me. I often send it out against something slow, that way it'll either outspeed and kill it or the incoming switch in is going to take a hell of a lot of damage. Or I just sub as stated above and destroy the switch in (IE: Starmie switches in and expects to take a flamethrower only to be greeted to a sub and then a Shadow Ball the next turn.)

Paralysis support is highly effective with Chandy as well. And if you REALLY feel like it you could TRY tailwind....I never bothered to try but... heck a few turns of super speed might be all it needs to wreck havoc.

I'll agree that the sub set is great. I used to think this thing was trash because all I saw were choiced sets that got ruined by decent prediction and SR, but after seeing a couple sub ones and playing around with it, I'll say that chandy still has troubles with rocks, but is a force to be reckoned with from behind a sub, and with proper prediction can tear some holes in teams.

Considering both die to Chandy's STAB, I wouldn't entirely agree with that. Naturally it can't do much on its own, it needs something to take hits with.
Being a spinblocker means switching in. Chandelure isn't ever switching into Starmie or Excadrill, so no, it's a horrible spinblocker.

SO Scarf, Specs, or Sub on this guy?
I'm going with Sub + three attacks with a Modest nature.

Lures and kills TTars like nobody else... also his Ghost STAB lets him do awesome damage to anything switching in, unlike Heatran who can't touch things like Gyarados and Rotom.

Being locked into a Fire attack today is horrible to your momentum.

This guy would make a much better revenge killer if Unova DW abilities are released. No trapping isn't enough to ensure a revenge KO, unless if it's your opponent's last Pokemon.

Does anyone have a litwick with shadow tag they would be willing to trade? Message me and tell me what you want if you have one you'd be willing to trade! A female one so I can breed the ability on to others.

Does anyone have a litwick with shadow tag they would be willing to trade? Message me and tell me what you want if you have one you'd be willing to trade! A female one so I can breed the ability on to others.
Thine candle you seek doth not yet exist, young grasshopper. The ability to lock thine opponents into battle through Shadow Tag is only available through the World of Dreams, and said World doth not want to give up this Shadowy secret Candle just yet. Patience, grasshopper. Patience...

Thine candle you seek doth not yet exist, young grasshopper. The ability to lock thine opponents into battle through Shadow Tag is only available through the World of Dreams, and said World doth not want to give up this Shadowy secret Candle just yet. Patience, grasshopper. Patience...
AWWWWWWWWWWWW. Does this mean none of the 5th gen dream world abilities are out!?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)