Change you would make to the type chart

Changes you would make to the type chart

*ignore the typo* Well...there hasn't been one of these in like a year. Discuss type matchups that don't make sense, or changes you would make to make it more balanced, or changes that make sense just because. Here's what I think:

Poison SE against Water

Poison got nerfed badly offensively, and it makes sense when you think about it. Poison polluting the water etc

Poison SE against bug

Bug spray?

Ground neutral against Poison

I've honestly never seen how an earthquake can be SE against poison types. If someone could explain this to me that'd be great. But this would make Poison somewhat broken defensively, since Psychic isn't very common.

The type chart is perfect the way it is. The only change I would make is to make Water less powerful and make it weak to Poison, like you said.

It would probably make Ice a little more broken, but I always thought it ought to be SE against water. I mean, water gets ice beamed, gets frozen. It really doesn't make sense to me that water RESISTS ice. I think that's just silly. What gets frozen more often than water?

It would probably make Ice a little more broken, but I always thought it ought to be SE against water. I mean, water gets ice beamed, gets frozen. It really doesn't make sense to me that water RESISTS ice. I think that's just silly. What gets frozen more often than water?
Broken???? How would that make Ice any different from Steel? If Ice was to resist Dragon, Steel would still be a better defensive type (also Stealth Rock is taken into account).

Yeah, Ice resisting Dragon would rock, then you could switch into Outrage and PWN Garchomp badly :)

So I think Ice should resist water, dragon, and maybe Grass (but grass sucks already -_-)

The one thing i would change is fighting being weak to ice. I mean seriously who would be brave enough to touch a freezing cold weather pokemon with their bare hands.

Can anyone explain to me how dragon is effective to dragon and ghost effective to ghost =/.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Chompy-- one of the martial arts stereotypes is the image of a man training in the snow and resisting the natural elements. The stereotype goes with the idea of martial artists being able to crush stone or ice with their bare hands, which is why fighting smashes through all those "hard" substances (rock, steel, ice), while normal attacks bounce off them. Except ice. Ok, I think ice should get resistance to normal based on that reasoning. xD

And dragon. I agree with someone above-- the idea of ice resisting dragon is really cool and fairly logical. Dragon really does need at least 1 more element to resist it. :/ That would actually turn Thick Fat Weilren into a full counter for specmence. xD

I'd just randomly like for Electric to have a second weakness. Not that they're common but it seems like it's a good type to dump a bad offensive attack to, for example, the aforementioned poison. =[

IMO, if anything (basing answer on logic rather than gameplay implications), Ice should be weak to Water rather than resistant. You put a piece of ice in a glass of water and it melts. Ice resisting Dragon would be a very, very good idea though. I can't really think of a logical reason besides the fact that Ice seems to be the bane of dragons, but it sure would be nice for boosting some weaker Ice-types.

Poison needs to be SE against more things - Water and Bug have already been stated, but Fighting and Normal might work as well. If someone relies completely on brute force and their fists, they'd be greatly weakened if poisoned. And just like a normal person would lose to a person that's a trained fighter, a normal person would also be at a disadvantage if poisoned.

Eh, that's what I think, anyways.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
IMO, it's hard to just apply logic to these things since it's all about measure.

You take an iceburg in the ocean-- it doesn't melt so easily.

You take a flamethrower and use it to blast a jug of water-- that water is going to be gone.

You take a map and drop it on a patch of healthy grass. The fire is going to go out.

You get a big enough earthquake, and there will be avine casualties.

About Poison being broken defensively, it actually wouldn't; there's already levitating Weezing which is not broken (very good typing though).

Anyways, Poison polluting water makes a lot of sense, but what bothers me is that Poison doesn't kill bugs. I mean sure birds eat them, and you can burn bugs and crush them with rocks, but is that how you kill bugs? I would personally prefer a poisonous bug spray thank you very much.

I second the Poison being strong against Bug, Water, Fighting, and Normal. I also want Ice be weak to Water, and Water weak to Ice.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
Bug sprays work because most bugs are very small animals and so a spray to them is a lot more toxin than a spray to us. Try telling the 6' long Yanmega that he should be weak to poison. xD

Considering how we mammals pump blood through our systems at a much higher rate than cold blooded insects (spreading the poison to all our sensitive nerves that much faster), I don't think we should be talking about their poison tolerance. Have you ever sprayed a cockroach only to have it keep running away from you until you manage to blast it dead on a couple more times? The same relative amount of poison to you or me would probably kill us a lot quicker. :/

Well...there hasn't been one of these in like a year. Discuss type matchups that don't make sense, or changes you would make to make it more balanced, or changes that make sense just because. Here's what I think:

Poison SE against Water

Poison got nerfed badly offensively, and it makes sense when you think about it. Poison polluting the water etc

Poison SE against bug

Bug spray?

Ground neutral against Poison

I've honestly never seen how an earthquake can be SE against poison types. If someone could explain this to me that'd be great. But this would make Poison somewhat broken defensively, since Psychic isn't very common.
Ground should still be SE against it. Poison dont like Ground so that realistic.

Yeah, Ice resisting Dragon would rock, then you could switch into Outrage and PWN Garchomp badly :)

So I think Ice should resist water, dragon, and maybe Grass (but grass sucks already -_-)

Please Shut up grass are good and ICE shouldn't resistance more than Ice think realistic how Ice gonna Resistance to Water, Dragon and Grass no way. Nintendo are more smarter than you.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ice should be immune to water. It absorbs it!

I am in favor of just one more Dragon resist (possibly something with way too many weak like rock or ice), and 1 more poison weak (not water, water washes it away) and that's it.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Take an ice cube and let some normal tap water run over it. It doesn't even have to be hot water, or even a full on tap, just a slow trickle will do.

Watch what happens.
True, but I was assuming Ice had a "cold source" in it to keep itself frozen. Hmm...

Grass has too many weaks imo...poison is understandable, ice...kinda, fire yes, bug..yeah i guess, flying..? wth?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)