XY OU Chardrill-Wash

RGblKKK.png

An RMT

Introduction
Hello! Welcome to my first OU RMT. Recently, I have been doing a challenge where I try to create a team in 10 minutes and then test it out in a couple of OU matches. In a recent one of them, I created a core I found to be quite effective. This core contained Mega Charizard Y, Excadrill, and Rotom-Wash. The three complemented each other very well, so I decided to make a true team based around that core. While some of the sets from the original have been altered to suit the team's needs, I tried to stay true to the purpose of each of the original member's sets.

The Core

images

Bag_Charizardite_Y_Sprite.png
Blast Burn, The Mega Charizard Y

Blast Burn (Charizard) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Air Slash
- Solar Beam
- Flame Charge

While this set may seem a bit odd, allow me to explain. The biggest problem with Megazard Y, is his speed tier. With only 100 speed, and his frailty, it can be a bit difficult to do much with him. That's why I have Flame Charge. Flame charge will boost his speed up quite a bit, allowing him to outspeed and KO plenty of would-be threats. The reason I gave him a timid nature over a hasty nature is because I can't afford to lose any more bulk on this guy, and Flame Charge won't be a primary attacking move anyways. Additionally, the sun he creates is immensely useful, as it gives him a way to survive water type attacks and then KO with Solarbeam. The rest of his moveset is his obligatory STABs, and is pretty self-explainatory, although I've heard some complaints about Air Slash, so I guess I'll explain that too. Air Slash is mainly to hit pokemon like Mega Venasuar when the sun is gone. It's times 4 weakness to stealth rock can be crippling, so I obviously need a spinner. That's where Excadrill comes in.
images

Bag_Assault_Vest_Sprite.png
Mud Sport, The Excadrill

Mud Sport (Excadrill) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 112 HP / 144 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Sorry all you haters of this set, but absolutely love assault vest Excadrill. While not having the greatest offensive presence, it's role is as a rapid spinner, and it does it's job amazingly. It can take hit surprisingly well, thanks to it's typing, and can often afford to switch in on threats to the normal set, such as Rotom-Wash. It isn't too shabby on the offensive side either. With 135 base attack, even with little investment it can hit really hard. It is all around a great member of my team, whether it's a support pokemon, or a sweeper, it can be quite the force to be reckoned with. It can even gain a little bit of artificial bulk for the final member of this core!
images

Bag_Light_Clay_Sprite.png
Telekinesis, The Rotom-Wash

Telekinesis (Rotom-Wash) @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Def / 144 SpA
Modest Nature
- Reflect
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch

Another slightly unconventional set, but allow me to explain. This set is intended to make up for the lack of physical bulk in this core though the use of Reflect. Much like Excadrill, this set is meant to be bulky, without sacrificing too much power. It is a great pivot with it's slow Volt Switch, which allows another team member to come in without taking damage. In addition to being overall useful, Rotom's typing gives it amazing synergy with the rest of the core. He can come in and sponge just about any hit directed at the other members of the core. Rotom also has both Thunderbolt and Hydro Pump as STABs, because Hydro Pump has low PP, and will deal a lot less damage in the sun. Of course, even with all this synergy, the core can only go so far on it's own. That's why the other half of the team is here.

The Other Half of The Team

images

Bag_Leftovers_Sprite.png
Harden, The Ferrothorn
Bag_Leftovers_Sprite.png

Harden (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave

Before you yell at me for using such a horrible EV spread, I know. This is not the most efficient EV spread for mixed wall Ferrothorn, so I would really like some help coming up with a better one. Regardless, Ferrothorn has still been a very helpful member of my team. It's bulk allows it to take quite a few hits, and it's low HP means plenty of recovery from leech seed. It also serves as my team's stealth rock setter, and is pretty good at it too thanks to it's bulk. Thunder Wave is a great support move for crippling opposing threats, and making my threats to their team, even bigger threats. I'm debating changing Power Whip to Seed Bomb, because Power Whip's accuracy has come back to bit me in the butt several times now. Ferrothorn also has some great defensive synergy with the rest of the team, and is a huge help for the rest of my team.

images

OH GOD! EVERYBODY RUN FO- Oh right. The name.
Bag_Leftovers_Sprite.png
Splash, The Gyarados
Bag_Leftovers_Sprite.png

Splash (Gyarados) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 88 HP / 192 Atk / 4 Def / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake

Set by Colonel M: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/gyarados-gp-1-2.3495857/

While bulky Mega Gyarados would have been a better fit IMO, bulky regular Gyarados fills it's roll as a bulky attacker quite well. For those of you who don't want to read the whole post, the TL;DR of this set is that it's a bulky dragon dancer that specializes in taking down stall, but can preform well in many other situations as well. Now in terms of synergy, while it's typing doesn't synergies all that well with a lot of the team, it's role does. It can take on a wide variety of threats, and thanks to substitute, can destroy stall. While it's stopped in it's tracks by Rotom-W and Thunderus (unless I get up to +3 or something), it can still preform quite well in almost any situation. So remember, unless you want to be killed, don't let that karp get to level 20.

images

Bag_Life_Orb_Sprite.png
Dig, The Landorus-Incarnate
Bag_Life_Orb_Sprite.png

Dig (Landorus) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 8 Atk / 252 SpA / 248 Spe
Rash Nature
- Rock Polish
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Knock Off

This is the standard Rock Polish set, as listed by the smogdex. After a Rock Polish, it outspeeds most of the unboosted metagame. And thanks to the sheer force + life orb combo, it can hit like a truck. While it's bulk is a little lackluster, it can still make for a great lategame cleaner. Psychic is a great coverage move, and in conjunction with knock off, it can allow it to take on a couple of things that threaten the rest of the team. Overall, Landorus is pretty useful on it's own, but I think that there might be something that does it's role better.

And that's my team! Hope you like it, and rate it to help it become even better!

Last edited:
RGblKKK.png

An RMT

Introduction
Hello! Welcome to my first OU RMT. Recently, I have been doing a challenge where I try to create a team in 10 minutes and then test it out in a couple of OU matches. In a recent one of them, I created a core I found to be quite effective. This core contained Mega Charizard Y, Excadrill, and Rotom-Wash. The three complemented each other very well, so I decided to make a true team based around that core. While some of the sets from the original have been altered to suit the team's needs, I tried to stay true to the purpose of each of the original member's sets.

The Core

images

Blast Burn, The Mega Charizard Y

EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Air Slash
- Solar Beam
- Flame Charge

While this set may seem a bit odd, allow me to explain. The biggest problem with Megazard Y, is his speed tier. With only 100 speed, and his frailty, it can be a bit difficult to do much with him. That's why I have Flame Charge. Flame charge will boost his speed up quite a bit, allowing him to outspeed and KO plenty of would-be threats. The reason I gave him a timid nature over a hasty nature is because I can't afford to lose any more bulk on this guy, and Flame Charge won't be a primary attacking move anyways. Additionally, the sun he creates is immensely useful, as it gives him a way to survive water type attacks and then KO with Solarbeam. The rest of his moveset is his obligatory STABs, and is pretty self-explainatory, although I've heard some complaints about Air Slash, so I guess I'll explain that too. Air Slash is mainly to hit pokemon like Mega Venasuar when the sun is gone. It's times 4 weakness to stealth rock can be crippling, so I obviously need a spinner. That's where Excadrill comes in.
images

Mud Sport, The Excadrill

Mud Sport (Excadrill) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 112 HP / 144 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Sorry all you haters of this set, but absolutely love assault vest Excadrill. While not having the greatest offensive presence, it's role is as a rapid spinner, and it does it's job amazingly. It can take hit surprisingly well, thanks to it's typing, and can often afford to switch in on threats to the normal set, such as Rotom-Wash. It isn't too shabby on the offensive side either. With 135 base attack, even with little investment it can hit really hard. It is all around a great member of my team, whether it's a support pokemon, or a sweeper, it can be quite the force to be reckoned with. It can even gain a little bit of artificial bulk for the final member of this core!
images

Telekinesis, The Rotom-Wash

Telekinesis (Rotom-Wash) @ Light Clay
Modest Nature
- Reflect
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch

Another slightly unconventional set, but allow me to explain. This set is intended to make up for the lack of physical bulk in this core though the use of Reflect. Much like Excadrill, this set is meant to be bulky, without sacrificing too much power. It is a great pivot with it's slow Volt Switch, which allows another team member to come in without taking damage. In addition to being overall useful, Rotom's typing gives it amazing synergy with the rest of the core. He can come in and sponge just about any hit directed at the other members of the core. Rotom also has both Thunderbolt and Hydro Pump as STABs, because Hydro Pump has low PP, and will deal a lot less damage in the sun. Of course, even with all this synergy, the core can only go so far on it's own. That's why the other half of the team is here.

The Other Half of The Team

images

Bag_Leftovers_Sprite.png
Harden, The Ferrothorn
Bag_Leftovers_Sprite.png

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave

Before you yell at me for using such a horrible EV spread, I know. This is not the most efficient EV spread for mixed wall Ferrothorn, so I would really like some help coming up with a better one. Regardless, Ferrothorn has still been a very helpful member of my team. It's bulk allows it to take quite a few hits, and it's low HP means plenty of recovery from leech seed. It also serves as my team's stealth rock setter, and is pretty good at it too thanks to it's bulk. Thunder Wave is a great support move for crippling opposing threats, and making my threats to their team, even bigger threats. I'm debating changing Power Whip to Seed Bomb, because Power Whip's accuracy has come back to bit me in the butt several times now. Ferrothorn also has some great defensive synergy with the rest of the team, and is a huge help for the rest of my team.

images

OH GOD! EVERYBODY RUN FO- Oh right. The name.
Bag_Leftovers_Sprite.png
Splash, The Gyarados
Bag_Leftovers_Sprite.png

Splash (Gyarados) @ Leftovers
EVs: 88 HP / 192 Atk / 4 Def / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake

Set by Colonel M: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/gyarados-gp-1-2.3495857/

While bulky Mega Gyarados would have been a better fit IMO, bulky regular Gyarados fills it's roll as a bulky attacker quite well. For those of you who don't want to read the whole post, the TL;DR of this set is that it's a bulky dragon dancer that specializes in taking down stall, but can preform well in many other situations as well. Now in terms of synergy, while it's typing doesn't synergies all that well with a lot of the team, it's role does. It can take on a wide variety of threats, and thanks to substitute, can destroy stall. While it's stopped in it's tracks by Rotom-W and Thunderus (unless I get up to +3 or something), it can still preform quite well in almost any situation. So remember, unless you want to be killed, don't let that karp get to level 20.

images

Bag_Life_Orb_Sprite.png
Dig, The Landorus-Incarnate
Bag_Life_Orb_Sprite.png

Dig (Landorus) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 8 Atk / 252 SpA / 248 Spe
Rash Nature
- Rock Polish
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Knock Off

This is the standard Rock Polish set, as listed by the smogdex. After a Rock Polish, it outspeeds most of the unboosted metagame. And thanks to the sheer force + life orb combo, it can hit like a truck. While it's bulk is a little lackluster, it can still make for a great lategame cleaner. Psychic is a great coverage move, and in conjunction with knock off, it can allow it to take on a couple of things that threaten the rest of the team. Overall, Landorus is pretty useful on it's own, but I think that there might be something that does it's role better.

And that's my team! Hope you like it, and rate it to help it become even better!

Ok so for the ferrothorn set try this one:

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect
This is probably the best mixed ferrothorn set I use it on some of my teams.

Cool team I may be back later.

This team has a big problem with scarfers, set up sweepers that boost speed, and pokemon that are just naturally faster. With 0 priority, average-to-bad speed, and no scarfers you're asking to be swept by the likes of scarf garchomp, (mega) gyarados, dd-nite, and mega char x.

Also, mega charizard y actually has above average bulk on the special side and coupled with the sun making water a neutrality you can get away with switching in on weak scalds, most ice beams, and other misc special attacks, especially since you don't have to fear the burn either as chip damage or weakening your damage output. I'd suggest putting roost on over flame charge because off of the top of my head the thigns that would outspeed and ko are still just as threatening to you after a flame charge boost, even if you do outspeed. Things such as scarfchomp, dragonite (who will dd up and smack you next turn while you are unable to do significant damage back), mega char x, and even gyarados just don't care whether you outspeed. And without recovery you can't stall lati@s for life orb damage meaning they have the match up advantage.

The few pokemon that are no longer threats after a flame charge should just be fire blasted anyways because fire blast will get the ko before or after the speed boost. I'm thinking scarf drill especially.

And speaking of burns, I think you may be better served swapping rotom-w to either pain split or resto-chesto. A burn will do the same thing one on one as a reflect will and you're able to free up an item slot for either leftovers or a chesto berry which will greatly increase your survivability. It'll also add significant chip damage which is always appreciated.

I'd also consider making landorus into a landorus-t scarf set. It'll give you an option vs. pokemon that dd-up since you can smack them after their boosts (generally) and intimidate them back down to +0 attack. Also, with a u-turn you can get a nice volt-turn core with rotom-w which is useful early game to scout playstyle and ease prediction.

I like the Char Y + AV Drill + Rotom-W core though. I actually have a RMT right now with the same combo.

Hey, great team, just a few things:

1. Focus Blast + Roost > Air Slash + Flame Charge on Zard. Sun Boosted Fire Blast hits everything p hard, and everything that resists it doesn't take a liking in a Solarbeam. Plus, FB allows you to break past Heatran - just watch for a scarf.

2. Will-O-Wisp > Thunderbolt on Rotom-W. I know that occasionally its nice to stay in, but Wisp has better utility and can shut down stuff like DD M-Tar who can beat a lot of your team if Ferro/Tar are weakened.

3. Scarf Lando-T > Lando-I for more speed and ability to deal with ZardX better. Honestly, your team lacks a lot of initial speed that can lead to you being obliterated early game by stuff like HP Fire Ninja. Lando can remedy this by giving you a fast u-turn and great speed. Plus, it forms a cool intimidate core w/ Gyara that can pretty easily win you games just by exploiting weakened physical attackers/walls and giving Gyara free turns with sub.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Wow! I did not expect to get this many relies! Thanks you guys! Anyways, here's the changes I've made:
  • Suggested by Shadow_Sneak:
    EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
    Relaxed Nature
    IVs: 0 Spe
    - Leech Seed
    - Stealth Rock (I need a stealth rock setter)
    - Gyro Ball
    - Protect

• Suggested by powersurge and Geo:
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Fire Blast
    - Focus Blast
    - Solar Beam
    - Roost
  • Suggested by powersurge:
    Telekinesis (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
    Modest Nature
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hydro Pump
    - Volt Switch

• Suggested by Geo:
    Dig (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
    EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe (With scarf, he still outspeeds all unboosted relevant threats who don't have scarfs of their own.)
    Adamant Nature
    - U-turn
    - Earthquake
    - Knock Off
    - Stone Edge
And that's all the changes I've made! Thanks again for all the suggestions, and if you have any more, please let me know! I'll update the OP once I'm not in such a rush. stupid school

Back