SM OU Charizard Y team

Hi everyone, here's my team zard Y based.. I need opinions from you. (I'm new here, idk were to post actually)

Calendraika (Celesteela) @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower

Scarlett (Toxapex) (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes

Barbara (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Stealth Rock

Well those three guys are the wall of the team. Celesteela and toxapex are awesome together, they can easily wall almost everything but electric type (Excadrill helps sometime).
As long as I run a spinner, and not a defogger, I want toxapex to set up toxic spikes as soon as possible, instead of run toxic. Clefable, in the end, go for stealth rock (I wanted her with aromatherapy actually, but there's no room enough) and check pretty well guys like hawlucha and garchomp

Maggie (Tyranitar) (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 44 SpD / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Pursuit abuser. Zard Y die against latios and latias. Also this dude is an easy way to get rid of chansey and heatran somehow.
He provides sand for his best friend Excadrill, and get rid of the zard sun (celesteela under the sun my die faster I think)

Big Daddy (Excadrill) (M) @ Steelium Z
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance (Or rock slide)
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin

Spinner.. And revenge killer (in sand) work fine also as late game sweeper (yap... In.. In sand only..)
Z move is generally used against landorus or tapu guys

Habanero (Charizard) (M) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost (or hp ice)
- Focus Blast
- Solar Beam
- Fire Blast

Love of my life. Wallbreaker early nd mid game. Fire blast OHKO landorus, which is the lead of at least 80% of the teams.
It's uncommon to see him use roost.. I wonder if i can change it with something little bit more usefull, like an hidden power (?)

Well It's fine even if u start from the begin, as long as a team is zard y/x based..
Thanks a lot!! :3

Last edited:

Gross Sweep

Plan Ahead
is a CAP Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide in-depth descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

Edit: Unlocked

Last edited:
Hello Sundery,

Seeing as you haven't gotten a rate yet, I figured I'd take a shot at rating your team. It's pretty cool overall, although it's got a couple of problematic issues. The first one is that you rely solely on Excadrill as your hazards remover, which isn't good seeing as it cannot Rapid Spin consistently against common rocks setters like Garchomp, M-Tyranitar and Ferrothorn, which can just knock it out or weaken it to the point where it cannot comein a second time. This makes your hazards game really difficult and makes it harder to use Zard-Y. Also, your team lacks of a pivot, making it hard for you to maintain momentum or get in your breakers safely. Those 2 issues can make playing with this team really difficult, especially against more offensive teams as they can really pressure your team without you being able to retaliate very well.

Here are a couple of suggestions to help cover those issues:

- The first thing that needed to be covered was your lack of a consistent hazards remover. For that reason, I deemed Tapu Fini would be a better fit than Toxapex because it is able to Defog pretty consistently over the course of a game against the likes of Heatran, without making you much weaker to things like Ash-Greninja. Another benefit of Tapu Fini is Misty Terrain, which helps both Excadrill and Tyranitar against foes such as Toxapex and Heatran (in Ttar's case). The given spread allows you to outspeed max speed Timid Heatran and take a +2 Acrobatics from Hawlucha.

- The second change I'm proposing is defensive Lando over Clefable. First off, Unaware Clefable isn't viable outside of Stall. It prefers having Magic Guard and the ability to use Softboiled, + there are more versatile ways to stop set-up sweepers. The main reason why I believe Lando would be better is because it goves you a reliable pivot, as well as a switch-in to threats like M-Mawile, Garchomp and M-Charizard X, which could all threaten your team. I personally like Figy Berry on it for the extra recovery, but Leftovers work too.

(click)

I made a few other changes such as Flamethrower on Charizard for accuracy and Earthquake over Superpower on Ttar for Heatran and Magearna but those are mainly my preference so be sure to look at the import. Overall, I really enjoyed rating your team. Some threats that might still be problematic include stuff like Rotom-W and wallbreakers like M-Medicham. Ash-Gren can also be annoying if you let Fini get weakened too much so watch out for that as well. Of course, if you have any questions feel free to contact me. Hope I helped! :blobpex:

Hello Sundery,

Seeing as you haven't gotten a rate yet, I figured I'd take a shot at rating your team. It's pretty cool overall, although it's got a couple of problematic issues. The first one is that you rely solely on Excadrill as your hazards remover, which isn't good seeing as it cannot Rapid Spin consistently against common rocks setters like Garchomp, M-Tyranitar and Ferrothorn, which can just knock it out or weaken it to the point where it cannot comein a second time. This makes your hazards game really difficult and makes it harder to use Zard-Y. Also, your team lacks of a pivot, making it hard for you to maintain momentum or get in your breakers safely. Those 2 issues can make playing with this team really difficult, especially against more offensive teams as they can really pressure your team without you being able to retaliate very well.

Here are a couple of suggestions to help cover those issues:

- The first thing that needed to be covered was your lack of a consistent hazards remover. For that reason, I deemed Tapu Fini would be a better fit than Toxapex because it is able to Defog pretty consistently over the course of a game against the likes of Heatran, without making you much weaker to things like Ash-Greninja. Another benefit of Tapu Fini is Misty Terrain, which helps both Excadrill and Tyranitar against foes such as Toxapex and Heatran (in Ttar's case). The given spread allows you to outspeed max speed Timid Heatran and take a +2 Acrobatics from Hawlucha.

- The second change I'm proposing is defensive Lando over Clefable. First off, Unaware Clefable isn't viable outside of Stall. It prefers having Magic Guard and the ability to use Softboiled, + there are more versatile ways to stop set-up sweepers. The main reason why I believe Lando would be better is because it goves you a reliable pivot, as well as a switch-in to threats like M-Mawile, Garchomp and M-Charizard X, which could all threaten your team. I personally like Figy Berry on it for the extra recovery, but Leftovers work too.

(click)

I made a few other changes such as Flamethrower on Charizard for accuracy and Earthquake over Superpower on Ttar for Heatran and Magearna but those are mainly my preference so be sure to look at the import. Overall, I really enjoyed rating your team. Some threats that might still be problematic include stuff like Rotom-W and wallbreakers like M-Medicham. Ash-Gren can also be annoying if you let Fini get weakened too much so watch out for that as well. Of course, if you have any questions feel free to contact me. Hope I helped! :blobpex:
Wow!!!! Very very helpful thanks a lot!! I ll try this asap!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)