Check, Rush, and Sweep: Sand OU

Hey everybody welcome to my second RMT and of course it had to be sand.
What's so special about this one you ask?
Well, nothing much... unless 2 Sand Rushers count as something special :D
Yep, this team gives the 2 Sand Rush OU sweepers (Stoutland and Sandslash) waiting time until the other team is weakened. Then, the two sweepers RUSH and SWEEP! :D

Note: Pictures are bigger for the ones I like better for my team, however I'm still stuck between Stoutland and Sandslash.

Well enough Chitchat,
THE TEAM!

Rush and Slash

The Hunter: Rush
Stoutland @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Return
- Superpower
- Wild Charge

The Dancer: Slash
Sandslash @ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def/ 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Rapid spin

Stoutland and Sandslash... The two Sand Rushers allowed in OU. So... why would I let them be together in the same team? Well... two sweepers are better than one and both of them accomplish different things. Stoutland is one nasty creature, revenge killing with ability, and the item makes it seem like a scarfer, but with POWER!!! Sandslash isn't too different... OTHER THAN EVERYTHING BUT SPEED. Life Orb makes him lose health on attack, but do more damage and switch moves. that allows Sandslash to setup with Swords Dance, no regard for speed due to Sand Rush. These two are all I need for sweeping. Their movesets are regular. Rush kills rock and steel with superpower, ghost with crunch, a guaranteed neutral on everything else with return, and wild charge to clip wings and the sea. Slash has Swords Dance to set up, EdgeQuake for coverage, and Rapid Spin for spinning

Physical and Special Tank Inducer

The Physical: Hippnotic

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

The Special: Tyrantsaur
Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

So two weather inducers eh? I have two to keep up the weather for my two sweepers. I need to take out the weather inducer on the other side and keep one of mine alive to allow my sweepers to be awesome. Hippo is a physical tank, Ttar is a special tank. Hippo has what it takes to phaze and heal. She also can kill people with Earthquake and kill dragons like a baws. Ttar has Pursuit but not Crunch, why? I have him as a lead to screw people over, but I don't use him to kill. Superpower is in place of Crunch for coverage. Stone Edge kills many still. Stealth Rock is my form of set up, which is why she has whirlwind in place of where SR should be. I only need one pokemon for it so yeah.

Sun and Rain Counter

Sun Killer: OmegaSun
Heatran @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spd
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power Ice
- Toxic

Rain Killer: AlphaRain
Rotom-W Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 232 HP / 56 SpA / 220 Spd
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

When I replaced Blissey, these two became my only ways of countering outside threats. Rain and Sun, hail isn't hard for me to beat though. Heatran kills any sun and Rotom-W kills any rain. Simple. Heatran has the regular Fire Blast and Earth Power. HP Ice kills dragons and that's easy for Heatran due to also being steel. Toxic got replaced by Taunt and turned back to Toxic because Blissey was replaced by Ttar. Rotom-W has the regular two STABs, one for switching and the other for power. Will-o-Wisp cripples physical attackers. Pain Split is an awesome way to keep alive against tanks. It also kills pokemon with toxic on them and makes it impossible for them to win unless they have enough power.

Importable:
Rush (Stoutland) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Return
- Superpower
- Wild Charge

Slash (Sandslash) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Rapid Spin

Hippnotic (Hippowdon) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

OmegaSun (Heatran) (F) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt

Tyrantsaur (Tyranitar) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

AlphaRain (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 232 HP / 56 SAtk / 220 Spd
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

The Old member:
Nurse (Blissey) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss

I needed a weather inducer over Blissey, sorry girl. Maybe, I could've tried Sandstorm on you, but perma is usually better.

Thought of using:
Jirachi, Cresselia

Potential:
Celebi, Latias, Skarmory

Conclusion:
Thank you for reading my RMT! It's not the best, I admit. Actually... it's not even close, but it's a fun idea I whipped up being as sand is my main weather. Remember guys, I am open to all suggestions and if something looks really stupid or something sounds like crap... I'm really tired right now, but I wanted to finish it.

Hey there,

nice team and presentation of it :)
I do have some suggestions tho:
Right off the bat i notice a big fighting and ground weakness, hippo can tank most of those tho but personally i like having 2 checks per type, defenatly for a type as present as fighting. Rotom has levitate so the ground is only partially a weakness. However i feel like rotom as your only raincheck will not cut it. He just isnt bulky enough, a thunder will easily 2HKO if not OHKO. Therefor i would change Rotom-W to Latios/Latias (wichever you like most). Since most of your attackers at the moment are on the physical side i would opt for latios with a specs set, mainly because breloom eats this team for breakfast as it is right now. You could then make heatran a bit more defensive to take some dragonattacks.

Set:
Latios (M) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
IVs: 0 Atk
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Sleep Talk/Trick

Hope this helped, good luck with the team :)

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Lose the weather battle and your whole team is rendered useless.

Huge weakness against offensive Celebi and Politoed. The former can take down Hippo, Slash, tank Rotom-W to no end, and can seriously hurt Tyranitar and even Heatran with Leaf Storm and Earth Power respectively. The latter can pretty much rape your whole team and the idea of it lol

The whole team except Rotom-W is swept clean by Keldeo; Secret Sword takes care of Stoutland, Heatran and T-tar while Hydro Pump/Surf takes down Hippo and Slash.

My suggestion is to replace Sandslash and Hippo. They're completely useless in the team imo. Tyranitar on itself is a very good and reliable weather changer and can actually switch into most variants of Politoed and Ninetales if it's specially defensive, like the set you're using. So having 2 weather inducers is a bit redundant.

To fix your weakness against rain and Celebi, I suggest using Keldeo, sure it is walled by Celebi but it can't be countered by it. Replace Hippo with Keldeo.

Keldeo @ Expert Belt
Timid | 252 SpA / 4 HP / 252 Spe
Hydro Pump/Surf | Secret Sword | Icy Wind | Hidden Power Ghost

Keldeo can take on rain all day and its Hydro Pump is ridiculous if it's boosted by the rain. Icy Wind can slow down Lati@s and Celebi switch-ins, so always use it if you predict a switch. After slowing them down, you can use HP Ghost and (usually) it'll KO. HP Ghost is also useful so Keldeo isn't completely walled by Jelli. If you're still afraid you won't KO Celebi, try using HP Bug over Ghost. You'll give up hurting Jelli but you'll surely still kill Lati@s and Celebi.

Lose the weather battle and your whole team is rendered useless.

Huge weakness against offensive Celebi and Politoed. The former can take down Hippo, Slash, tank Rotom-W to no end, and can seriously hurt Tyranitar and even Heatran with Leaf Storm and Earth Power respectively. The latter can pretty much rape your whole team and the idea of it lol

The whole team except Rotom-W is swept clean by Keldeo; Secret Sword takes care of Stoutland, Heatran and T-tar while Hydro Pump/Surf takes down Hippo and Slash.

My suggestion is to replace Sandslash and Hippo. They're completely useless in the team imo. Tyranitar on itself is a very good and reliable weather changer and can actually switch into most variants of Politoed and Ninetales if it's specially defensive, like the set you're using. So having 2 weather inducers is a bit redundant.

To fix your weakness against rain and Celebi, I suggest using Keldeo, sure it is walled by Celebi but it can't be countered by it. Replace Hippo with Keldeo.

Keldeo @ Expert Belt
Timid | 252 SpA / 4 HP / 252 Spe
Hydro Pump/Surf | Secret Sword | Icy Wind | Hidden Power Ghost

Keldeo can take on rain all day and its Hydro Pump is ridiculous if it's boosted by the rain. Icy Wind can slow down Lati@s and Celebi switch-ins, so always use it if you predict a switch. After slowing them down, you can use HP Ghost and (usually) it'll KO. HP Ghost is also useful so Keldeo isn't completely walled by Jelli. If you're still afraid you won't KO Celebi, try using HP Bug over Ghost. You'll give up hurting Jelli but you'll surely still kill Lati@s and Celebi.
I like this but... that kills the theme of duo sand rush sweeping :/ but maybe I'll use Keldeo in my next sand team... or I'll just make a rain team... Yeah probably. Thanks for the input though!
Hey there,

nice team and presentation of it :)
I do have some suggestions tho:
Right off the bat i notice a big fighting and ground weakness, hippo can tank most of those tho but personally i like having 2 checks per type, defenatly for a type as present as fighting. Rotom has levitate so the ground is only partially a weakness. However i feel like rotom as your only raincheck will not cut it. He just isnt bulky enough, a thunder will easily 2HKO if not OHKO. Therefor i would change Rotom-W to Latios/Latias (wichever you like most). Since most of your attackers at the moment are on the physical side i would opt for latios with a specs set, mainly because breloom eats this team for breakfast as it is right now. You could then make heatran a bit more defensive to take some dragonattacks.

Set:
Latios (M) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
IVs: 0 Atk
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Sleep Talk/Trick

Hope this helped, good luck with the team :)
Hmm... Testing time Ty!

I know its not OU bit u can use empoleon or magnezone. Magnezone can cover watet types wearas if u lose d weather battle and u hav rain on d field empoleon wotks well. I hav magnezone on my sand team so personal experiance here.
Hope i helped :)

Really interesting team and I like the idea of two sand rush sweepers. They both perform different roles and therefore avoid redundancy keeping the team relatively versatile! I do however have a few changes.

I think that having both hippowdon and tyranitar as weather inducers weakens your team as they both have similar weaknesses and can fall to the same pokemon. I think the best replacement would be latias for hippowdon. Since this is an offensive team you would want to maintain offensive momentum and hippowdon doesn't do that. Latias retains the fighting resist and with a bulky set can still check terrakion and strong fighting attacks. I think the most important benefit latias brings however, is a strong check to keldeo who wreaks havoc on your team.

As a second change, I think you should switch your tyranitar to the a mixed attacking set. Tyranitar lures in pokemon such as landorus-t, gliscor, and ferrothorn, all of which cause problems for your main sweepers. With fire blast and ice beam tyranitar destroys these switch-ins and makes it easier for sandslash and stoutland to sweep. Whether you use pursuit or crunch as your third attack move is up to you but crunch would be the more reliable choice.

Lastly, I would recommend replacing rotom-w with jellicent. Now, there are pros and cons to this change. First, even with latias, you still have a major fighting weakness. Jellicent alleviates that weakness a lot while still maintaining great overall bulk. Also, while rotom-w is a good counter to rain, jellicent is even better and because of recover it can take hits repeatedly. However, the reason I only recommend this switch is because your team is relatively offensive and jellicent might hurt your momentum. But it does also provide you with a stronger rain check and a spin-blocker if you ever need one.

If you keep rotom-w however, invest in defense or sp. def. I don't think speed is too important and you are far better off with maintaining your bulk.

Also, if you go with my suggestions switch toxic for roar on heatran to phaze out set-up sweepers.

Good luck and I hope I helped!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)