Choice Band Genesect

I wanted to try out choice banded genesect and thought it would be cool if I made a Volt-turn team with hazards support from Deoxys-D. This team is pretty fun to play with and win much more than I lose so that's cool but I feel it can be much better. Alright on to the team:

Deoxys-D @ Red Card
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Magic Coat
- Taunt

This guy is so great at what he does and without him this team probably wouldn't work at all, He's also probably the best spiker on OU because of base 90 speed and great defenses. Stealth rock and spikes is for free damage every time my opponent switches in since he will be doing a lot of switching against this team. Magic Coat is to beat other leads like aerodactyl, deoxys-d, azelf etc. I rarely use taunt at all to be honest but I do use it to stop things from setting up on me. The red card idea I took it from someone else for if someone has Espeon or Xatu and they want to U-turn to them, red card will switch in a random pokemon and still get my rocks up.

Genesect @ Choice Band
Trait: Download
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Flamethrower
- Explosion

This is the main reason I made this team. To try out choice band genesect and after using it I was surprised to how good it was. If it gets an attack boost than U-turn is going to hurt like hell. Iron Head is for STAB and it deals a lot of damage to anything not resistant, specially if it gets an attack boost but I barely use it since I use U-turn a lot more. Flamethrower is to deal with those anoying steel types. Explosion is also great when I want to just dispose of something anoying and I don't need genesect for the rest of the match. Hasty nature so flamethrower isn't weakened. I'm open to other sets though but this one hasn't given me problems so far.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SAtk / 144 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

What's a Volt-turn team without Rotom? Rotom-Wash is immune to spikes and isn't weak to Stealth Rock so he can switch in multiple times. In a metagame where rain teams are everywhere Rotom-W is a good switch in to pokemon like Politoed, Tornadus, Gliscor, Scizor, Tentacruel etc. Volt switch is to deal damage while also switching out to another pokemon. Hydro Pump has 120 base power so it will be doing a lot of damage specially in rain but it missing sometimes really sucks. Will-O-Wisp is to cripple scizor and other pokemon trying to switch in. Pain split is to recover health when it's HP is low. The EV's are so it can hit hard and be bulky at the same time.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- U-turn
- Trick

Jirachi is really good cleaner late game and revenge killer. Flinching everything to death while also being able to take hits if she doesn't flinch something due to 100/100/100 defenses. U-turn is to gain momentum and deal damage at the same time. Ice punch is pretty much a must for flying types, dragons and ground types. Trick is to cripple something trying to set up like Reuniclus or take away eviolite from Chansey. Jirachi really appreciates entry hazards to kill things much faster. The EV's spread is pretty self explanatory for a choice scarfer.

Mew @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Flamethrower
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Trick

I didn't really know what set to use for Mew so I just made up my own but I'm open to use another set if it's good. Yes another choice scarf user since I think Volt-turn teams should be fast. Flamethrower will always kill genesect since Mew will always outspeed it. People always keep things like Scizor and Genesect in on Mew only to be OHKO'd by flamethrower. Volt switch is to deal damage while also switching out and Ice beam is for the same reasons I use Ice Punch on Jirachi lol. Trick is of course to cripple anoying stuff like ferrothorn in the rain but I'm thinking of putting Transform somewhere in there.

Gengar @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Substitute
- Disable
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

I really needed a spin blocker for this team so I chose Gengar but it's pretty frail so it can't switch in to attacks without being 2HKO'd I chose this set because it can be really anoying if the opponent only has one move to hit it with and it will be forced to switch while i'm behind a sub. Disable you know what that does lol. Shadow Ball for STAB and Focus Blast so that it has perfect coverage with Shadow Ball. If I had to choose someone to replace on this team it would be Gengar since this set is really predictable and his frailness makes him die faster.

So yeah thanks for reading i'm open to anything really that will help this team.

Hello,

Nice team you put here! In my honest opinion, in BW2, special defensive Rotom-W is better than your Rotom-W because it can resist at some hurricanes or hydro pumps. Also I don't like a lot choice scarf Mew with choice scarf Jirachi in the same team. I find them redundant. So you can put a lategame sweeper in place of Mew like Dragonite.

Good luck with your team!

Sets:

Rotom-W:

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Pain Split
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump

Dragonite:

Dragonite (F) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- ExtremeSpeed
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Dance

Hey there, nice team here, I actually like the use of red card Deoxys-d and cbgene.
Looking back at it, I don't think ice punch on Jirachi is that much necessary, most dragons still have problems with Trick and Iron Head, Hippowdown laughs at it (but of course he fears trick) the only 'mon you're picking is Gliscor (and Lando, but you don't have much problems with him), but to be honest here, he isn't that big of a threat since you have Gengar, Rotom-w and Mew.
I would consider Fire Punch over Ice Punch on Jirachi this will help you against opposing Genesect, whom you have some trouble against.
Last, a little nitpick, give Deo-d 6 evs in Special Defense, this way Genesect won't be able to OHKO you with Bug Buzz (since Download will boost its attack, and U-turn isn't still enough to kill you).

Hope it helped, good luck!

Dragonite:

Dragonite (F) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- ExtremeSpeed
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Dance
[/QUOTE]

a very nice suggestion over mew, but in place of fire punch, run earthquake so you can hurt heatran since he is rising up in usage again. Or even over Extremespeed since it rarely picks up the kills for me. Other than that, nice team, and nice suggestion.

Asek

Banned deucer.
Hi

Cool team, band genesect is a very underrated threat in the current meta.

First off, although Red Card on Deo-D is a very cool idea, but unfortunatly for your current set, its just completly shut down by Taunt, which is really bad because if a team packs a taunt user, they will usually lead with it so they can stop you from getting your hazards down, making your teams ability to force switches a lot less punishing for the opposition. To help you set up hazards, I suggest Mental Herb > Red Card for Deo-D. This gurantees you a layer against opposing lead that carry taunt, as you can negate their taunt and respond with your own, forcing them out and letting you get up those precious rocks, and more than likely 1 layer and quite possibly 2 layer of spikes. The abilty to beat magic bounce users is lost, but they are tbh rarer than taunt users, and mental herb will serve you better in more situations.

For Jirachi, I really thought that The Silent Storm got it right when he said you need Fire Punch on that set. Steel types right now such as Skarmory and Metagross can basically switch in for free on you, and a ballsy lucario player may attempt to switch in and set up on you. I didn't feel that U-turn should go however, as it doesn't go well with the volt-turn theme of the team. Instead, try out Fire Punch > trick for Jirachi. Trick isn't really great for your Jirachi, as it stops it from revenging the threats that it should be if you trick off a scarf prematurely. Instead, Fire Punch grants you a great coverage option, that leaves the only true switch in for your set with Heatran, who can't take on Rotom-W or Gengar too well.

Now this may sound weird, but Iron Head is outclassed on Genesect by Zenn Headbutt. Zenn Headbutt hits the fighting types that enjoy switching into Genesect harder then all of your other moves, and the only pokemon you lose power on are Terrakion, who is hit hard enough by Zenn Headbutt, and Kyurem, who isn't exactly the biggest or most popular threat in the OU metagame right now.

Gl with the team

Hi i got your request :D

Ok so the main problem i see with your team is no Rapid Spin user. That and the fact that this team will be switching around alot because it is Volt-Turn makes stall teams especially deadly in the way that they like to set up hazards while you won't be able to spin them away due to your team lacking Rapid Spin. Although you have two pokemon with Levitate your team will still be getting worn down quick. Sun teams also look quite deadly because of your two fire weaknesses and only one resist while your team also lacks a weather effect letting your opponents Chlorophy sweepers abuse double speed for the whole match.

The simplest way to fix this problem would be Starmie>Mew I understand you lose one of the members from your "Volt-Turn chain" but Starmie provides alot for your team. For one he provides Water and Fire-type resistances which your team really needs seeing as it is weatherless so sun and rain teams don't rip you apart. Starmie also provides your team with the invaluable Rapid Spin support clearing hazards of your side so you can continue to Volt-Turn. You honestly don't really miss out on anything without Mew Jirachi already provides your team with a nice revenge killer while Starmie provides boltbeam coverage much like Mew. Starmie's last move is Hydro Pump which is his prefered stab move. With a Life Orb attatched Starmie can dish out alot of damage with his great coverage making him still keep up with the offensive nature of this team.

To help this team keep it's hazards on the field you might want to try Suicide Lead Deoxys-D>Fast Spiker Set with Fire Gem and Hidden Power [Fire] Deoxys can set his hazards up and not let Ferrothorn set up his hazards or Forretress spin away hazards. This Deoxys-D set is designed to set up hazards then faint so you can bring in your other offensive pokemon in freely. He also has Psycho Boost to severly weaken Tentacruel, and Fighting-types.

Good luck with the team i hope i helped!

Sets

Starmie @ Life Orb | Natural Cure
Timid | 4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hydro Pump | Rapid Spin | Thunderbolt | Ice Beam

Deoxys-D @ Fire Gem | Pressure
Timid | 48 Hp / 252 SpA / 208 Spe
Stealth Rock | Spikes | Psycho Boost | Hidden Power [Fire]

Tl;dr

Starmie--->Mew

Deoxys-D
.Suicide Lead--->Fast Spiker

~Superpowerdude

@Alexander I tried your Rotom set but it was just not hitting hard enough so I'll think I'll just stick with my current set and Tornadus-t is easy to play around thanks though.
Now I tried Dragonite over Mew and my team got much better. He's a good cleaner late game with boosted extremespeed finishing off mons after hazard damage. Also Outrage is just beast.

@The Silent Storm Thanks I tried Fire Punch and it is much better than Ice Punch on a team like this, I didn't even used Ice Punch that much. Also thanks about the 4 Sdef EV's suggestion on Deoxys.

@Haineskid712 You're right, Heatran can be anoying but it's kinda hard trying to decide which move to replace it for maybe fire punch but then I get walled by forretress and ferrothorn etc. Extremespeed has really helped me revenge kill something at low health like that one Salamence that was going to sweep me at +1 if it weren't for Extremespeed. So I think I'll just stick with the current moves and besides Rotom can switch in on it easily.

@Asek I have both Magic Coat and Taunt on Deoxys so my opponent won't be able to taunt me since Magic Coat will bounce it back. Zen headbutt sounds like a cool idea so I can hit Tentacruel who is being use a lot more these days on rain teams so I will try it out thank you.

@Superpowerdude Dragonite has been much better for this team so I think I'll just stick with that, Starmie can't really touch Ninetales in the sun and I now have 3 immunities to ground and only 1 pokemon is hurt by toxic spikes. After having playing a lot with this team most people only carry stealth rock so it's not that big of a problem also a lot of stall teams I have played never get to set up spikes because deoxys can taunt and since this is a volt-turn based team they will feel pressured and forced to switch out. Thanks though. That Deoxys D set looks like a good Idea so I can dispose of tentacruel but then I'm opened to being taunted by faster mons and against tentacruel I can just go to gengar sub and disable. Hidden power Fire is also a neat option but Ferrothorn and Forretress are still a sitting duck against Gengar. This current Deoxys D set haven't given me problems yet but if I start to I will definitely try your set.

Thanks Everyone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)