SM RU Chun Li

etern

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a defending SCL Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
NU Leader
INTRO
Hello, NeverUsed Tier Leader here with one of my favorite RU teams that I've made so far. I started getting into RU after I signed up for seasonal since it looked really cool and it's quickly become one of my favorite metas in a long time. I made this at the start of rupl and ended up using it in week 2 and clinched a win with it, but i've decided its time to archive it in case entei ends up getting unbanned. I wanted to use Mismagius in particular because it's a pokemon that i've always enjoyed using, and I noticed at the time that Ghost-types were quite anti-meta with stuff like Drapion, Umbreon, and Porygon2 seeing less usage. Without further ado, here's the team.

THE_TEAM

IN-DEPTH_ANALYSIS

Mismagius @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Substitute

• overview:
    So I started this team off around NP Mismagius since it's a pretty underrated breaker that takes advantage of stuff like Bewear / Pangoro / Mandibuzz / EQ Curselax being the teams designated Ghost check. Moves are pretty straightforward, I like Dazzling Gleam the most as coverage because it basically covers everything in conjunction with Shadow Ball, although at one point I was considering Thunderbolt but decided against it. TBolt was mainly nice for the Milotic matchup, so ig Electrium-Z with that is valid as well, just up to personal preference. Substitute is super nice for getting free subs against stuff like Registeel, Gligar, choice locked Bewear and stuff that you scare out. Mystical Fire was something else I thought of for nuking Escav without wasting Ghostium, but this team already has a fine matchup against it so not worth.

Bewear @ Choice Band
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Superpower
- Ice Punch
- Shadow Claw

• overview:
    I wanted to try out Bewear next because it's one of my favourite Pokemon and really good in any matchup. I dont remember the last time I've seen a game where Bewear didn't accomplish something. I went with band for no particular reason honestly, I just thought it complemented Mismag a bit more and helped me punch holes easier for mismag to clean up. Ice Punch bodies Gligar, Flygon, and Yanmega without recoil and Shadow Claw lets me check opposing Mismagius on a whim as well as hitting most Ghost-types, that being said, Earthquake is perfectly fine, though Doublade is a non-issue so its really up to you. Drain Punch is another fun option over Shadow Claw, and I've occasionally swapped between the two. Went with Adamant so I could hit Milo as hard as possible and it's so strong so it was hard to pass up. Jolly is probably fine too but I haven't really missed being Jolly so far.

Slowking @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Future Sight
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

• overview:
    Slowking was my next pick since it gave me a great catch-all glue mon for special attackers and functioned nicely with Bewear thanks to Future Sight + Dragon Tail. Fire Blast in the last slot lets me roast stuff like Shaymin, Mega Abomasnow, Virizion, and Escav which is always super helpful for Mismagius as you can use the Z nuke on something else. I ran enough speed to creep most CB Escavaliers which ended up coming in clutch the week I used it in RUPL. Alternatively, you could fit other cool moves onto this since King is fairly customizable, Grass Knot is an option for fat waters, and you could opt for Psyshock over Future Sight if you wanted.

Steelix-Mega @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 200 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Curse

• overview:
    Mega Steelix is next up, in conjunction with Slowking it gave me a very good defensive backbone to support Mismagius and Bewear and it's just ridiculously consistent at what it does, can't really go wrong with Mega Lix. I just took the standard EV spread but there's a ton of different spreads that work here depending on what you wanna do and check. Curse was the 4th move of choice because I didn't see the need for Roar or Toxic on this particular team, and keeping up rocks versus Gligar was a lot more appealing for this team.

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Flying]

• overview:
    Rotom-C seemed like a pretty cool fit here because it helps me out a bit with Milotic and checking Waters, as well as giving me momentum to bring in CB Bewear and break stuff. It also gave me a way of luring Virizion with HP Flying which can be potentially annoying for this team to face. The EVs and moves are straightforward, trick, wisp, and defog are all options over hp flying but revenging viriz and other grasses was much more important for me when I was prepping this team. Shaymin could actually be a fine option in this slot since it deals with Milo a bit better, has healing wish support, and revenges other stuff, but I valued keeping up momentum on this team a little more highly and stuck with this. Though I do sometimes use the Shaymin version nowadays with Psychic / Air Slash / Seed Flare and Healing Wish.

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Foul Play
- Brave Bird
- Defog

• overview:
    Mandibuzz is the last mon I added to the team to patch up whatever weaknesses were left. It's super fat, handles any Ghosts / Psychics and it's my main answer to Virizion thanks to Brave Bird. I went with Defog in the last slot because I wanted hazard control and didn't wanna rely on Scarf Mower for getting rid of hazards, so this worked out perfectly. The speed lets me outpace jolly machamp but outslow jolly bewear so I can roost on it as it Superpowers. Not much else to say because it's just a standard Mandi set, but ig Knock Off is an option over Foul Play, though I really dislike Knock Off on Defog Mandibuzz. Taunt could be another option if you choose to go with Defog on Rotom-Mow but I found that it was easier to manoeuvre with defog on mandi.
THREATLIST:

Milotic can be annoying to deal with, but it's very beatable, just gotta play well and aggressively with Bewear / Missy and Mower. AV King can set up future sights on it and then dtail it out to take sr damage which is nice too. Just be wary that if you let the team get worn down too fast it can be a real menace lategame.

The Life Orb set isn't an issue, but Tinted Lens is a real pain and probably the biggest threat to this team, just play super aggressively against it, dont be afraid to let Slowking take a bug buzz so that you can get a Fire Blast off, also make sure you keep rocks up to pressure it, worse case scenario you've got mismagius and rotom-mow to revenge it, and mandi can take a hit.

Other annoying stuff include Zygarde-10%, Mega Ampharos, and LO Roserade, but they can generally be handled as well as long as you identify them as threats and stay aggressive. All in all there aren't any impossible matchups, and you should have a fighting chance against basically any team you might run into.
Mismagius @ Ghostium Z
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunderbolt

Bewear @ Choice Band
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Superpower
- Ice Punch
- Shadow Claw

Slowking @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Future Sight
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Steelix-Mega @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 200 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Curse

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Flying]

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Foul Play
- Brave Bird
- Defog

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)