SV OU Cinderace, The Player Maker (offensive, 1958 elo PEAK TOP #6)

Vorulito

formerly PedroGreg
is a Top Tiering Contributor
images_28.jpg

Hello dear readers, how are you? After a long time without posting I decided that I would make a new team and have a little "fun" on the ladder.
how I achieved a considerable result (disregard GXE XD) because I made several bad teams in the process and I had to learn to play vs the super creative
and not at all OP Hyper Offensive of webs.
Well, I'll present my choices and give a main highlight to :Cinderace: because I really like playing with him and he is, in a way, very efficient against these brain dead HOs
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Team Introduction:
As usual with what I usually post here this is a team that offers considerable mobility, I was even inspired a little by my first SV team that I posted here as I will be making available below,
but of course, it's already a bit outdated and :baxcalibur: is already banned from SVOU
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...er-triple-priority-peaked-2057-elo-9.3724178/

The team has the function of pivoting with :Cinderace: more offensively and more defensively with :Corviknight: (the distribution of EVs as well as the moveset of both will be explained in more detail when explaining the choice of each one.)
As I appreciate good pivots and this gen requires the use of sweepers almost obligatorily, I decided to opt for 3 very strong ones right away, maintaining an interesting synergy between them.
To close, I opted for something nostalgic, :clefable: with stealth rock and stick barb, as I consider this set to be really very good with a huge potential for usefulness and to make it a sponge to absorb damage from very specific threats in the meta that can offer a certain danger to my team.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Messi the playmaker
815.png

Cinder.png

:Cinderace: has shown itself to be an interesting Pokémon to say the least in this current meta, with its excellent moveset offering it several game options, I opted for a path where it has more investment in damage along with court change, as this way you end up surprising :gholdengo: giving hit kill that naturally would not give and in addition to damage in general.

Sucker punch was a move that I found necessary to replace in WoW, as I consider priority to be extremely important and when combined with :Kingambit's priority: you will have ways to cause precious damage throughout the game, whether to help finish or to prevent possible future subs by weakening threats that tend to get out of control, such as :Iron Moth: or :Walking Wake:, since :Cinderace: sucker punch is very scarce and this could be a surprising factor in preventing these mons from setting up with ease, in addition, because it is a more offensive :Cinderace: this damage ends up being more used in general, a good example of this is against :Dragapult: which allows you to deal 1hko after stealth rock dmg

Court Change is an almost obligatory move in this webs meta, especially with a team that doesn't have :Great-tusk: spin, making you benefit from this fact, being almost always an excellent move to use in the mid/late game , where both teams are already weakened, making their opponent always have to take the initiative on how to proceed.

To close very obviously, u-turn is the move that makes cinderace what it is in my opinion, as it allows the creation of plays with its high speed and all the team's sweepers appreciate a well-given pivot, and can even be played more defensively with :Corviknight: (which I personally really like due to its potential to passively weaken physical attackers)
thanks to rocky helmet and also provides damage that can surprise your opponent due to the fact that brave bird is not so common + has access to defog and u-turn.

As previously mentioned, your EV Spread is done this way because I consider damage to be very valuable, whether to cause it throughout the match or to finish something that is getting out of control with priority.
High Jump Kick or Low Kick is something to consider instead of Sucker Punch, however as :garganacl: fell into usage that in my opinion it was the Pokémon that most justified this move I felt that there was simply no need to use it anymore, as Sucker Punch ends up being better most of the time.

some interesting calculations:
252 Atk Cinderace Pyro Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Gholdengo: 374-444 (98.9 - 117.4%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Libero Cinderace Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dragapult: 270-318 (85.1 - 100.3%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Libero Cinderace U-turn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Ogerpon-Wellspring: 246-290 (81.7 - 96.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Libero Cinderace U-turn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Roaring Moon: 282-332 (80.3 - 94.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Libero Cinderace Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 124 Def Iron Moth: 135-159 (44.8 - 52.8%) -- 22.3% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Libero Cinderace Sucker Punch vs. 12 HP / 0 Def Walking Wake: 115-136 (33.6 - 39.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Corviknight, the the rocky helmet crow

823.png
slow u turn corvo.png

Even though the meta is very offensive, I feel the need to always have good walls on my teams, and the crow is one of the Pokémon that I've been most enjoying using lately.
As previously mentioned, it synergizes very well with :Cinderace: and deals passive damage thanks to Rock Helmet, but I must say that what makes it so good in my opinion is the Brave Bird move.
thanks to this move to punish possible switches with considerable damage or punish in a super common way :great-tusk: with the added damage of pyro ball from :cinderace: given previously it becomes an excellent way to keep the field clean and still allow pressure whether with damage, pivot or the simple fact that he is difficult to kill physically.
in more extreme cases, especially against HOs from :Rillabom: brave bird + tera Flying make it super efficient in dealing with this style of play, having the capacity to win the game practically alone and surprise :sneasler: after close combat.
but of course, this tera will rarely be used as he does not actually need it due to its excellent property.
another example of how this can be useful is in relation to :kingambit: once your :Corviknight: is healthy you end up forcing him to use tera or field scare most of the time, since body press is a move much more common in general.
the same example ends up applying to another super common threat in the meta: Roaring Moon: making him use tera flying early most of the time because he is afraid of body press.
We can also mention: Dragonite: which is a very problematic Pokémon, but with this set if it doesn't have fire punch you end up becoming a wall that will always beat it in 1v1, preventing it from setting up and winning the game.
Regarding the rest of the moveset, there isn't much to say, as it would only justify the obvious, defog to clear the field and roost for sustain + rock helmet damage.
u-turn as previously mentioned is used to allow mobility and pressure during the game, however in relation to its ev spread I opted for relaxed 0 evs to be slower giving u turn than others :Corviknight: or at least play a tie, excellent for rock helmet damage and have the benefit of later pick
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I could say anything here, but I prefer to highlight that double sucker punch is something very good!

983.png

kingambit.png

The introductory title is self-explanatory.

I could mention countless details about this Pokémon to start, but as it has been very strong for a long time and everyone is already aware of this, I decided to emphasize how good a sucker punch it and :cinderace: end up being together.

I'm someone who really likes to deal damage, no matter how, it doesn't matter if I have to sacrifice a Pokémon to deal good damage in a justifiable way, and a good way to do this without being punished too much is with priorities.

imagine a meta where things easily get out of control and you can't take too many risks.
remember I made a point of mentioning sucker punch damage in :walking wake: and :iron moth:? although the damage from :cinderace on them is not that considerable, it is already an excellent way to prevent them from becoming stupid and sweeping the team, as eventually you will end up having yet another way to punish them with another sucker punch.
Of course, these are just a few examples I gave, there will be many occasions when the precious damage you did at the beginning of the battle for a greater good can be rewarded in the future thanks to the sucker punch of two Pokémon.

Regarding the rest of the moveset, I tried several times to use low kick/brick break>iron head as it is more common and really very effective against others :kingambit: since this set leaves me at a huge disadvantage, but I simply don't like it, I can't handle it. adapting even though I know that it is a good move, if you ask me why, I can't even say, maybe to deal with like :ribombee: and :glimmora: at the beginning of the game?
but the suggestion is open to anyone who wants to make the change as it is something completely justifiable.
Kowtow Cleave for obvious reasons and doesn't need comments and swords dance to make it a dangerous late game sweeper, or even early game sweeper, as some players tend to play passively with their HOs at the beginning, as you have a very bulky EV spread + a tera that gets rid of your possible biggest threat :great-tusk: most of the time it's not crazy to play the role of early gamer sweeper, even I've already said it in advance, I almost always start with kingambit vs HOs, especially those of: ribombee: because I'm not willing to take stun spore with anything other than him.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manaphy, the REAL sweeper
490.png

Manaphy.png
If you think :kingambit: scary as a sweeper, I present you :manaphy:
in fact, being scarier doesn't mean he's stronger, far from it, but if he's played well and if you can keep him healthy he can simply end the game against most teams.

In relation to its EV spread, I chose a different path on purpose, as I believe that the immediate effect ends up being superior.
different from others :manaphy: who use tail grow with the intention of being fast and having 3 other attacks, I opted for a variation where I'm still very bulky and have great damage potential after using tail grow in one go.
If used well, especially against :rillabom: :zapdos: and : Ogerpon-Wellspring: if this doesn't have an encore it could be something crucial for the game to start getting difficult for your opponent.

Thanks to your base stats of 100 in everything, any buff at a given moment + access to stored power, you become immortal on the physical side or with incredible destructive power, being able to count on the help of scald on top of that, which if you get a burn can render a physical Pokémon useless and set up in front of it even more without major problems

This is much faster and more efficient than with the take hearth + acid armor set, the care and patience you need to have with it are not as much as with this set.

The biggest issue is tera, in my opinion dragon was the best, as the rest of my team deals very well with fairies in general. tera grass is another great option, but I felt that it ends up being very vulnerable to :cinderace:'s u-turn and :roaring moon's acrobatics: in addition to not being able to beat :zapdos: the biggest disadvantage I felt is vs :dragapult: but how I have several ways to deal with him, I still prefer tera dragon

:manaphy: is a great standout against stall if it is played well and weakens the right walls even just a little, due to the investment in sp.atk and your stored power getting stronger sooner you end up being able to pressure it in an incredible way :toxapex: :blissey: and unaware :clefable: , however it is obvious, as there is no take hearth, care must be redoubled with possible toxic during the battle.

Another sweeper, but this one kills or dies

1005.png

Roaring Moon.png
Well... what do you think of him? Will it be banned or not? Personally, I still don't have an opinion.
But let's get to the point.

Roaring Moon has notable base stats in addition to its ability that consumes an item, increasing its atk and allowing the use of acrobatics.
I generally like to use it as a kind of "emergency button" when I feel like I can tank certain things or simply set up and win with it when I see that I have a good match up.
its primary function is to kill and die or to open holes in the opposing team.
like :heatran: and :zapdos: are pokemon that can give my team some trouble since they put pressure in an absurd way :cinderace: and :Corviknight: who propose to create plays :roaring moon: came in like a glove because he has which is necessary to weaken both.
His moveset doesn't have any big surprises, with the exception of earthquake instead of brick break, as I feel there is a greater need to 1hko heatran.

Stick Barb :)
036.png

Clefable.png
Clefable was the last pokemon chosen in the team because it has excellent synergy with :Corviknight: as we need more pokemons with sp.atk and someone to put rocks in, I felt that clefa with stick barb would be a great choice.

His main function is to deal exceptionally against :Iron Valiant: since the team if caught unprepared, can suffer a lot for him,
If this one has the physical set :Cinderace: which is usually an excellent option, starts to take a lot of damage from CC, which is why it is important to always have a plan B to deal with such a strong and popular Pokémon.

Its possible biggest threat :gholdengo: which nullifies it in every way, can be easily stopped by :cinderace: and :kingambit: if it doesn't have a focus blast, allowing it to place rocks safely and still preserve stick barb for a more opportune moment.

Your tera was chosen mainly to have a shred of hope against sun teams, specifically against :walking wake: , which has the potential to destroy everything.

It is also worth mentioning Pokémon that abuse their passivity on the field, especially :iron moth: because of this, the good use of :roaring moon: or :cinderace: becomes crucial so that it does not get out of control.
Conclusion:
You could say that this team is a 2.0 version of the first team I made available in SV, they work in similar ways and have basically the same problems.
especially :zamazenta: which doesn't even need to be played so well that it ends up having the potential to destroy the team alone.
It would be necessary to use manaphy well on this occasion, as thanks to tera steel clefable it only gives you sub turns, which means the end of the game.
Another option is to use tera ghost on :Corviknight: but still nothing is guaranteed since he has access to crunch most of the time.
on the other hand, it is a team with good mobility and :cinderace: having the potential to surprise HOs thanks to the court change in particular and favoring the mobility of the team and its sweepers

Thank you very much to those who have read this far, I will be making the poképast available and leaving the proof of peak

Messi top 6.png

https://pokepast.es/8ccb344a1dbebd7a

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)